|Tom Ford Pussycat and Golden Peach.
- Tom Ford Eye Color in Golden Peach (reviewed HERE and HERE): Words cannot adequately describe my adoration for this glimmering peach duo. Pale enough to look natural while pigmented enough to make a supreme difference, this cream and powder pairing provides hours of luminous, crease-free wear. I implore you to get this if you can!
- Tom Ford Matte Lip Color in Pussycat (also discussed HERE): A recent splurge, I find the cool mauvey purple nature of this creamy matte formula to feel fresh and modern. It’s darker than I normally wear, but I think that’s why I find it so intriguing.
- *La Prairie Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Transforming Cream in Beige (also available at Neiman Marcus and previously discussed HERE): An impressive skincare and foundation hybrid, this formula imparts all day hydration (with anti-aging benefits) and ultra-flattering tinted coverage as well as SPF 30! Swatches of all four shades below…
- *Chantecaille Le Magnolia Palette (also available at Neiman Marcus): The latest from the ever-lovely Chantecaille line, this palette features a
|Infinitely singular in its tone and performance, I recently purchased a back up of this gem…I do not want to be without it.
|Swatches of Tom Ford Golden Peach in direct sunlight.
|Tom Ford Pussycat…not new, but new to me.
|A swatch of Tom Ford Pussycat in direct sunlight…the color-payoff of this formula is insane.
|The La Prairie Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Transforming Cream comes with a signature application brush. Also pictured: Monica Vinader Rose Gold Chain Fiji Bracelet.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.
- Rose: Pale neutral beige for fair skin (@N/NW/NC 10-15)
- Nude: Light beige for light skin (@N/NW/NC 20-25)
- Beige: Medium neutral beige for light-medium skin (@N/NW/NC 27-35)
- Tan: Deep beige for medium-dark skin (@N/NW/NC 35+)
|Swatches in direct sunlight with a flash.
|Swatches in outdoor shade.
|The Chantecaille Le Magnolia Palette.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.
- *Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Luminous Blush in Blushed Copper: In a word, phenomenal; on my medium-toned skin, this rosy bronze shade provides the warmth of a bronzer, the soft flush of a subtle blush and the glow of a highlighter in a single compact. I am in love.
- *Surratt Beauty Surreal Skin Concealer #5 (reviewed HERE): Seamless and potent, this is nearly invisible under my eyes while banishing all signs of darkness.
- *DECORTE Soft Foundation Powder in Warm Beige (reviewed HERE): My powder of choice, this has taken up permanent residence in my purse.
- *Surratt Beauty Artistique Highlight Brush (reviewed HERE): There is a reason that there are only a few of these brushes left on the Sephora site…people adore them as much as I do. The ultra-soft bristles blend highlighter with unmitigated expertise.
- *By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bubble Glow (reviewed HERE): Always in my makeup bag these days, this pink cream shadow instantly brightens my lower lash line and helps me look like I’ve had more sleep than I have.
- *Tom Ford High Definition Eye Liner in Black (reviewed HERE): This rich and silky black eyeliner works wonders on my allergy-ridden waterline and stays in place for hours.
- *Surratt Beauty Expressioniste Brow Pomade (reviewed HERE): A lifetime favorite, I love how it grooms and sets my brows and dries down to a clear finish for the most natural effect.
- *Gucci Eye Power Liquid Liner: Jet black with a fluid touch, this felt-tipped liner glides along the contours of the eye with immense precision and the formula is stalwart enough to masterfully last a full work day.
- *IT Cosmetics Superhero Mascara (reviewed HERE): I’m like a broken record about this volumizing and lengthening formula…it’s great for sensitive eyes and lasts all day without smudging or flaking. I get a false lash effect in two coats.
- Chanel Lip Liner in Mordore Nude (reviewed HERE): I picked this up in NYC late last year and still adore the rich nude brown of this creamy and long lasting lip liner. Try this.
- Le Metier de Beaute Hydra Creme Lip Color in Sahara (reviewed HERE): This peachy nude is so moisturizing and works well atop the Chanel lip liner.
|Infinitely unique and stunning on a spectrum of skin tones, the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Luminous Blush in Blushed Copper is my new bronze obsession.
|The quintessential nude lip mix, compliments of the Chanel Lip Liner in Mordore Nude and the Le Metier de Beaute Hydra Creme Lip Color in Sahara.
|Everyday luxury…the Monica Vinader Rose Gold Chain Fiji Bracelet.
- *Monica Vinader Rose Gold Chain Fiji Bracelet: This glorious rose gold creation works so well with my other bracelets. I prefer jewelery that I don’t have to remove and the curved lines and clever toggle fastener make this accessory perfectly at home on my wrist, alone or layered with my other favorites (as shown in the images that follow). Crafted of Sterling Silver with an 18k Rose Gold Vermiel, this is an everyday bracelet of epic proportions!
|My new smooth skin indulgence…Trophy Skin RejuvadermMD.
- *Trophy Skin RejuvadermMD: I have always been intimidated by the idea of at-home microdermabrasion. Enter: Trophy Skin. There was something aspirational and reassuring about both the name and the subtle white and rose gold presentation of this innovative device. Easy to handle and notably light, this tool comes with three interchangable heads that smooth skin, remove blackheads and propel skincare deeper beyond the surface of the skin. Trophy Skin’s gentle vacuum is quite soothing and I have found myself looking forward to the thrice-weekly five minute treatments. Sensory experience aside, my noteably smoother, brighter and healthier looking skin is the most compelling reason I am a new convert to the microdermabrasion way of life. This is a habit well worth developing!
|Trophy skin has four strength settings.
|Three different tips target everything from fine lines to blackheads.
|The Diamond Tip…for the smoothest, healthiest looking skin possible.
|Christophe Robin Multi Purpose Balm Hair and Body…a handbag staple.
- *Christophe Robin Multi Purpose Balm Hair and Body: I recently read that Catherine Deneuve keeps this balm in her handbag to tame flyaways and tend to dry skin and was instantly intrigued. With a light texture and intoxicating scent, I now understand why this classic beauty has made this formula a staple.
// The Bonus Swatches //
- Camellia: A neutral pale pink (a favorite).
- Foxglove: Only slightly deeper than Camellia, this is a light-medium pink with cool leanings.
- Snapdragon: A coral blush for a “just pinched” look.
- Tiger Lily: A warm persimmon orange for a fresh take on a flushed cheek.
- Dahlia: By far the most pigmented, a little of this breathtaking berry wine goes a long way.
- Blushed Copper: An ethereal blush meets bronzer, I simply cannot get enough of this luscious tan.
|Arm party, including the Monica Vinader Rose Gold Chain Fiji Bracelet.
Good things ahead, including a skincare update and a host of new product procurements…I’m also working on responding to your latest batch of comments emails. Please know that I read them all and love to answer as many as I can…thanks for your patience ; )
Have a beautiful Mother’s Day weekend…what are your plans?
–The Beauty Professor