This blog post feels exceptionally special…I am brimming with excitement to officially introduce you to my newest brand collaboration. Earlier this year, I partnered Au Naturale to work on creating a trio of multitasking products that work for lips, eyes and face in a color story that harnesses the power and versatility of universally flattering tones of nude, pink and bronzy rose gold and I am happy to announcement that the Beauty Professor x Au Naturale Collection is now available!
In addition, I am sharing an updated breakdown of my shopping guide for Cyber Monday, with plenty of freshly curated suggestions throughout.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the collection in action as well as an updated guide to the Cyber Monday deals that abound today…
In order to properly explain the many merits of this collaboration, I must first provide some context for Au Naturale. The brand sets itself apart from its beauty contemporaries by being clean and sustainable yet incredibly high performance. Although I’ve always had a special place in my heart–and on my face–for natural brands (growing up, the local health food store was a staple for our family), it wasn’t until I tried Au Naturale a few years ago that I realized that a clean brand could perform just as well as its more traditional and mainstream counterparts in the beauty industry.
The ingredients in all Au Naturale products are ethically and sustainably sourced, vegan, Paraben-free, gluten-free, cruelty-free, Leaping Bunny certified and completely non-toxic and all products are hand crafted (for maximum oversight and control of process) in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Au Naturale founder Ashley Prange is 100% hands-on with her tour de force company and its noble objectives and the legislation she has introduced in the US for cleaner beauty standards will continue to reverberate for years to come.
When creating my Beauty Professor x Au Naturale Collection, I aimed to conceptualize a trio of utilitarian products that would nourish skin while adding flattering washes of color in hues that would look fresh and effortless on complexions of every age and tone. With the collection, softly flushed lips and glowing eyes and skin are achieved with a minimum level of effort and the skincare benefits in the formulas are an additional dividend. Many of us have pared down our routines this year, so crafting products that could serve a myriad of purposes was both appealing and apropos. These three different formulations can be worn alone or layered and mixed together for a beautiful customized result that is just as much inherently you as it is inherently me.
- Lip Liner in Slipper: A pinky nude beige lip liner with a touch of mauve for a lovely “my lips but better” result. This formula is creamy and long lasting and the hue works well to define and contour while adding visible volume and dimension. I appreciate how smooth and comfortable this liner is and appreciate how well it works with nearly every lip color in my stash.
- Multi-Mask Lip Creme in Me: At the center of my collection is this lush and hydrating lip creme. From a product development standpoint, this shade took some time to get just right…I wanted a true, slightly radiant neutral baby pink that would be neither too dark, nor too light in a non-sticky texture that felt moisturizing yet long lasting. These seemingly paradoxical goals were realized with the brilliant Au Naturale team and I am thrilled with how Me turned out. I named this shade “Me” for two reasons: (1) Because ever since she could talk, my daughter Johannah Elle has called lipstick “Me.” She can easily say “lipstick” but prefers to call it “Me.” (2) Also, this shade is designed to embody the energy and personality of the wearer. It can be applied sheerly for a gossamer glaze of color or layered for plush medium to full opacity that feels more like a lip treatment than it does a conventional lip color. I daresay, this shade of “Me” looks good on everyone…discover your personal lip liner-to-lip creme-ratio and create the bespoke pink lip of your dreams.
- Anywhere Creme Multistick in Mine: Housed in a glass pot, this lightweight yet rich convertible cream possesses a luminous and sophisticated sheen that looks at home on eyes and cheeks as well as anywhere else a complex rose gold glow is desired. I chose the name “Mine” because it, like “Me” becomes the personal incarnation of the wearer. Also, the shade reminds me of the luster and possibility of a goldmine! I love sweeping it along my brow bone while blending it atop the high points of my face for a natural, warm, lit-from-within radiance and it can even be applied to lips to soften a vibrant color while amplifying radiance.
In sum, it’s my hope that these three products become key members of your beauty routine…thoughtfully designed with effortless efficacy in mind, the clean ingredients and ultra-flattering colors ensure a consistently confident application experience!
// STYLE NOTES //
- Wendy Glez Barbarella Bodysuit: 100% cotton with a chic 1960s mock neck, this bodysuit comes in a rich copper nude. As an avid bodysuit wearer, I love the full seat and snaps for ease of wear. Use code RACHELANISE for 15% off site wide.
- Spanx Faux Leather Leggings: I am wearing these leggings two posts in a row…that is definitely indicative of my love for them and their utility in my life. They are high waisted yet comfortable, have a chic leather sheen and are breathable (important with any “leather” look garment). Plus, they are currently on sale!
- Men’s Chambray Shirt: My wardrobe is most certainly a rotating array of denim shirts…they match everything and, when tied around the waist, help to add volume to an otherwise very form fitting outfit.
- UGGS Classic II: Since my last post, I’ve worn these daily; between brisk temperatures and lots of “at home” time, they take winter to the next level in terms of comfort and usefulness.
// SALES I’M Currently Shopping // Cyber Monday is here…I’ve updated my comprehensive yet streamlined shopping guide to include even more retailers, new deals and codes and well as fresh product recommendations based on my shopping this weekend.
- Armani Beauty: Major discounts on Cyber Monday including 30% off site wide with code DONATE30…I still suggest the brilliant Power Fabric Foundation Balm (reviewed countless times on BP), Lip Maestro Freeze in Cold Nuda (the perfect peachy pink) and the Neo Nude Compact Foundation (which gives the most ethereal coverage and glow).
- Au Naturale: Save 25% off all orders with code BFCM25, 30% off orders of $100+ with code BFCM30 and 40% off orders of $150+ with code BFCM40. I recommend (of course!) my new collaboration set detailed earlier in this post (it makes a brilliant gift), the genius Zero Gravity Foundation Stick (my match is Mallorca…just ordered a backup), High Lustre Lip Gloss in Magnolia and Luminous Creme Bronzer in Trailblazer (picked it up tonight to round out my order…swatches soon) in The entire brand is ultra clean and sustainable and ranks amongst my favorite!
- Beautylish: The Cyber Weekend bundles (available now through 11/30 at 11:59 PM) are marvelous. Since they come in multiples, they’re optimal for gift giving and stocking stuffers…I suggest the Natasha Denona Love Glow and Bronze Cheek Glow Palettes, Jouer Skinny Dip Highlighter and Wayne Goss Essential Lip Pencil Collection (reviewed HERE). BY TERRY is also deeply discounted, brand-wide.
- BY TERRY: Up to 70% off many items and 20% off regularly priced items with code TWINKLE20. I strongly recommend the breathtaking Nude Expert Stick Foundation (swatches HERE) and the Tea to Tan Face and Body Set, as well as the Twinkle Glow Best of Set (reviewed HERE) which comes with my favorite mascara, eye shadow and lip balm.
- Charlotte Tilbury: 50% off Charlotte’s new Beauty Secrets Mystery Boxes and 30-40% off a myriad of beauty and skincare options including this Mesmerizing Glow Kit, which possesses one of my favorite highlighters to date!
- Clé de Peau Beauté: 20% off purchases of $200+ plus 40% off Last Call products including the wonderful lipstick in Water Lily (reviewed HERE) and Radiant Lip Gloss. I also recommend the Enchanted Lake Collection (reviewed HERE) and it’s also perfect time to stock up on your shade in the classic and invaluable The Concealer (swatches of all shades HERE) and Radiant Corrector Concealer.
- Cos Bar: Earn a $40 promo card with every $200 spent (now through 11/30) The luxury beauty site’s curated gift guide is one of the easiest to navigate and samples come with every order. I’ll be picking up gifts including this Nest Holiday Candle, Augustinus Bader Lip Balm and the ridiculously stunning Pafums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif.
- City Beauty: 50% off regular priced items 11/26-11/30 with my special code (not posted on the site) BFCM2020. This makes the iconic lip plumper shades (favorites include the sheer baby pink Tinsel Town, warm golden pink Sun Diego and creamy coral pink Watermelon) an absolute steal!
- Kosas Cosmetics: Up to 30% off everything…constantly in my rotation, I urge you to try the Tinted Face Oil, Wet Lip Oil in Jellyfish (my nightly treatment) and Dip (the perfect rosy nude) and 10-Second Eyeshadow in Globe, Element and 333. Plus, the gift sets like the Ready in 5 (reviewed HERE) are adorable and extremely versatile as well!
- Reformation: 30% off everything…my closet continues to become a Reformation shrine because the pieces are timeless and ever so wearable for everyday. I suggest this cashmere boyfriend turtleneck (delightfully oversized and ridiculously cozy), Mary Dress (I’ll toss a cardigan or blazer over it for for cooler temps and then wear again all summer), Delia Top (I’ve worn mine 20+ times since getting it earlier this year…it runs small. I usually wear a medium so I got a large and its perfect) and the Hailey Trouser Jeans (if you’re going to wear jeans, make them comfortable, right?).
- Serucell: I have used this brilliant skincare line consistently since early March and am constantly impressed with how it firms, tightens and lifts while adding clarity and refining texture. On Cyber Monday, enjoy 20% off plus a makeup bag and hand lotion (pictured below) with your purchase.
- Tatcha: Explore the holiday sets galore…they’re marvelous for gifting self and others with equal aplomb.
- Verishop: I discovered this new online retailer by accident and am loving its curated edit and free one-day shipping (INCREDIBLE). I’ve already placed two orders and am very pleased thus far. Right now, enjoy 25% off fashion…I plan to purchase the AGOLDE 90s Mid Rise Loose Fit Jeans, Vince Boyfriend Flannel Blazer (in a gorgeous shade of nude) and this Billie the Label blouse, which will instantly elevate a pair of jeans. There is also 15% off full-priced home and beauty with code HOLIDAY.
- Vitamin A.: With super strong discounts (up to 70% off) all week, this brand makes the best bikinis (I have 3!)and loungewear…pick it up now, wear it all year.
- ZIIP: 20% off site wide with code ZIIPTHANKS until 12/1. After 12/1 use code BP20 for the same 20% off savings (I use the OX model regularly and am astounded by the results) and please mark your calendar for 12/9 at 11 AM PT…I will be hosting an Instagram Live on my handle with ZIIP founder Melanie Simon and hope to see you there!
–Shop the Post–
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this first look at my Beauty Professor x Au Naturale Collection (currently 25% off with code BFCM25 through 11/30 at 11:59 PM); I am truly proud of the products and their ease of wear as well as their ingredients and versatility and look forward to your thoughts!
Also, let me know what may have caught your eye from my Cyber Monday guide…it was a joy to create it for you.
Good things ahead, including a fresh video tutorial, my first holiday gift guide and a host of new product procurements. Cannot wait to share!
Stay strong, seek wisdom, much love and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor