Athletic…but make it luxury. That is the theme of today’s post. From a chic beige pullover to sleek joggers plus newness from Charlotte Tilbury, Trish McEvoy, Laura Mercier and NARS, I’m excited to share an array of opulent options that make your staying-close-to-home style both comfortable and sophisticated.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of everything in action as well as the Bottom Line…
// SKINCARE // Two brands that expertly care for skin while maintaining a minimalist approach.
- Agent Nateur Holi Travel Set: I have discussed Agent Nateur on countless occasions since the summer…the products boast ultra pure and clean ingredients that deliver impressive anti aging results. The aluminum-free deodorant is equally exemplary!
- *Augustinus Bader Cleansing Balm: To cleanse the oft-longwear makeup that I am currently wearing, I reply upon this plush cleansing balm. Fragrance free (rare, in my experience, for a balm) and deeply hydrating, it removes the most formidable of makeup with ease and leaves my skin feeling moisturized and balanced.
// FACE + BASE // These products craft a flawless canvas for a naturally perfected and glowing complexion.
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter in 4 and 4.5: I have long been an ardent fan of this unique formulation and, in the process, run through a couple of bottles of shade #4. Now, the shade range has expanded and I’ve found my perfect match in 4.5, which is a touch warmer (see swatches below) and less “green-olive” than 4. If you’ve been between shades 4 and 5, then this new tone will likely be spot-on for you. I use this as a glowing primer and also atop foundation to give skin dimension, bounce and luminosity. It’s simply sublime!
- Trish McEvoy Beauty Balm Instant Solutions SPF 35 1.5: Ever on the search for the next foundation in my life, I was intrigued by the positive reviews on this newer formula. Buildable from light all the way to medium-full coverage, this cream evens skin tone, combats oil production and blurs pores while providing broad-spectrum SPF 35 protection. I have found shade 1.5 to be perfect for my NC 27-30 skin and am impressed with its beautifully natural looking lightweight and longwear performance.
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer Duo Stick 3N: This brand new innovation from the perennially classic Laura Mericer offers the coverage and customization of the iconic Secret Camouflage concealer with a creamier, more blendable texture that can be quickly and adeptly applied, even on the go. One side is excellent for color correcting and camouflaging imperfections while the other side is slightly lighter, making it optimal for strategically brightening the entire face. In turn, it will be an unmitigated staple in my makeup bag.
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage SC-3: To offer comparison, I also swatched the original Secret Camouflage in SC-3, which has been my match since high school. In my opinion, nothing covers a dark spot or blemish better than this slightly drier (and thereby non-budging) formula. I never want to be without this.
- Sisley Photo-Touch Sun Glow Gel-Bronzing Powder: A true tan-brown with a multidimensional finish that looks insanely natural on the skin (no visible texture whatsoever), this bronzer easily ranks in my top three formulas of life. Get it..it’s truly transformational.
- Chantecaille Powder Makeup in Camel: I recently hit pan on this creamy powder makeup! Buttery and easy to blend it sets concealer like a dream and flawlessly touches up skin throughout the day while looking nearly invisible.
// EYES and LIPS // Warm neutrals and a slick of peachy nude for the lips create a luxe yet effortless look.
- *Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Eye Filter Luxury Palette in Star Aura and Eyes of a Star: Radiant neutrals with a glowing satin finish? Yes, please! These two LE palettes from Charlotte are so velvety smooth, bathing eyes in luminous hues that simply look expensive. The pinky nude Star Aura will flatter all complexions and if you prefer a bit more depth, Eyes of a Star is a bronzy gold gem.
- Stila Double Dip Suede Shade and Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Smitten Kitten: Captivated by this matte and shimmer pairing in two truly natural tones, I like to first apply the sueded mink hue and then tap the radiant champagne glitter on top for a multidimensional eye that doesn’t budge.
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut: Almost daily, I sweep this through my brows and deeply appreciate the consistently full and feathery brows that this gel creates. After over four years of consistent use, I’m on tube #7 (and so is mom!).
- Hourglass Unlocked Instant Extensions Mascara: After trying approximately 24917 mascaras, I’ve learned that I prefer tubing versions as they resist smudging and are easily remove with warm water. I love this one because it instantly builds volume and length in two coats or less!
- Lancome Lip Liner in Bronzelle: This is my third Lancome lip liner and I am so happy that I bought it! It is lighter than Ideal and deeper and warmer than Natural Mauve and pairs beautifully with warm toned peachy shades like the ones (described below) that I am wearing in the images at the end of this post.
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Hi-Lustre Light Sculpting Lipstick in Angel Lips: I adore this lipstick formula in general and was tempted by both the name and shade of Angel Lips. This pinky peach coral is creamy and opaque with a soft shine…pure gold in a tube.
- NARS Claudette Audacious Matte Lipstick in Anais: This brand new lip color from the Claudette Collection (named in honor of Francoise Nars’ beloved mother) is a coral nude matte with smooth, buildable opacity. Despite having penchant for shades in the nude family, I don’t have an exact dupe for this color in my collection and love how velvety and full it makes my lips look and feel. I think I will be picking up the slightly shiny Augustine next.
The following images reflect all products in action in afternoon sunlight…
// STYLE NOTES // Athluxury in action.
- Fleece Panel Mock Neck Sweatshirt: The instant that I saw this cropped pullover (currently on sale!) I knew I would wear it a ton. The soft nude beige tone is chic and the classic cut reminds me of an opulent exerciser in the 1980s. Absolute perfection.
- Naked Wardrobe Snatched High Waist Ribbed Joggers: High waisted and slimming, these sleek ribbed pants hold everything in (I’m wearing a medium) and have pockets as well! Consider them a serious upgrade to your everyday joggers.
- Nike Air Max Verona Sneaker: I have multiple pairs of the Nike Air Max and this new, super fresh pair is currently on sale. They are ultra cushiony and run a touch on the small size. I wear a 7 1/2 in Nikes and sized up to an 8 and they’re perfection. The styling feels like a throwback to the early 1990s…adore how plush and springy they are.
- Chunky Gold Hoops: The oversized hoops that I have on are vintage Chanel clips, but I found a pair that channels similar energy here. It’s amazing how transformative a simple pair of earrings can take even the sportiest outfit.
- Slip Silk Skinny Hair Tie: One of these is always on my wrist…like a piece of silken jewelry that serves an immediate purpose when needed. I buy them in sets a few times a year (and even use them in Joey’s delicate hair as they do not create breakage). Get them and you won’t regret it!
–Shop the Post–
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this look at some recent Nordstrom beauty launches as well as the kind of outfit I will be living in for months to come. Let me know what caught your eye!
Good things ahead, including an on-location story, a fresh video and a host of new product procurements…cannot wait to share.
Stay strong, seek wisdom, much love and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor
**Many thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post. PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-20 Beauty Professor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.