At the start of the month, we took a resplendent three-day family road trip to the desert–Death Valley to be specific–and, in between gratefully relishing the wildly fresh air and gorgeous change of scenery, I was able to document the skincare and makeup I brought and used, as well as my new favorite blouse of the season.
Hope you enjoy this on-location pictorial as much as we enjoyed the excursion itself!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of everything in action as well as the Bottom Line…
// The Hair + Skincare //
- Oribe Run Through Detangling Spray (review): I never travel anywhere without my detangler as you never know how drastically new weather and hotel water (extra hard? extra soft?) will contribute to tangles. This formulation masterfully takes care of business in a spritzes.
- City Beauty Eye Revive Firming Serum (review): I appreciate how this lightweight gel reduces puffiness and dark circles in a single application and the cooling, angled applicator is like a little spa experience in under 30 seconds.
- Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo and Moroccanoil Extra Volume Conditioner: I picked these up on a trip to Miami and permanently keep them in my travel bag for easy access. Both add hydration and manageability to my hair and smell so very good.
- Agent Nateur Holi C, Holi Water and Holi Face Serum (review): I use the full size versions of each of these formulas at home and love having a little travel set to keep my routine going while away. All three expertly work together for clear, bright, bouncy skin. I sincerely and wholeheartedly love this line. Use Agentrachel for 15% off on the Agent Nateur site.
- Kosas Chemistry Deodorant (review): I just finished an entire tube of this and brought my new one on the trip…in my experience, this is the best natural deodorant, in terms of performance, that I’ve ever tried. I recommend it to anyone who will listen!
- Biologique Recherche P50: Ever in my travel bag, this potent skin resurfacer is a cult classic for so many reasons.
- *Ranavat Luminous Ceremony Cream Cleanser (review): Lush and effective, this gem removes every last trace of makeup while leaving my skin balanced and refreshed.
- *Youngblood Daily Enzyme Exfoliant Creme (review): I am smitten with this exfoliator-mask hybrid. The dual sphere beads provide gentle exfoliation and then convert to a rich foaming mask that leaves skin feeling extra smooth.
- Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream (review): One of my favorite creams of life, I never go anywhere without this…it’s magnificently hydrating while calming skin and adding a lovely glow. I gave it to both my husband and Joey multiple times over a few days, making it a skincare investment that works for the entire family.
- GrandeBROW Serum (review): I apply this every single night and have fuller, more feathery brows as a result.
- *Sisley-Paris Velvet Nourishing Body Cream (review): I am almost finished with this tube of buttery goodness…with notes of saffron, this formula envelopes skin with moisture on contact. It’s simply sublime.
- Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (review): When in doubt, I always reach for this fragrance…it works year round in every setting and climate.
// The Beauty Products //
- Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer in Buff (review): I sweep this in my under eye region to look infinitely more rested than I actually am and keep it in my handbag for touch ups on the go.
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 4.5 (review): I am so happy to have this new shade in my arsenal as it matches my medium olive skin perfectly. Worn as a primer, it adds extra dimension to the skin and when worn atop makeup, it creates an inimitable bounce and glow. Invaluable!
- *Monika Blunder Beauty Blunder Cover in Vier (review): I am really enjoying this new foundation for its creamy and buildable coverage and lasting natural finish; it’s consistent performance makes it an absolute winner in my book.
- Au Naturale Multi-Stick in Mine (review): I like to tap this on to the high points of my face for a rose gold glow that looks marvelous on all skin tones.
- Laura Mercier Blush in Fresco (review): I was traveling light so I brought this small blush-meets-bronzer to gently sculpt and warm up the complexion in a few swipes.
- LAWLESS Beauty Blush in Vintage Love (review): Often sold out, this plummy nude tone is so good for brightening up the face without overpowering. Oh, and my mom loves it as much as I do.
- *Wayne Goss The Luxury Eye Palette in Imperial Topaz (review): I recently rediscovered this genius palette in my stash after talking about it in my Best of 2020 video and realized that it would be the only eyeshadow I needed for this trip. All the shades are velvety and neutral and wear flawlessly all day…for reference, I made sure to swatch the two shades I wear most in the image below.
- Uoma Beauty Brow-Fro Blow Out Volumizing Gel Pomade 5: Just a couple of passes and I’m left with full and feathery brows that stay in place all day.
- Natasha Denona I Need a Nude Lip Crayon in Natasha and Ilona: I ordered these two shades as soon as they launched and am so happy I did. Boasting smooth and intense pigment and non-drying lasting power, these nude tones allow you to add volume to your lips (e.g., overlining) without looking conspicuous. My current favorite pairing is the pinky nude Natasha with my Au Naturale Lip Creme (discussed below) for a luscious pinky beige pout.
- Au Naturale Lip Creme in Me (review): My first tube of my collaboration creation with Au Naturale is almost finished now, indicative of how much I wear this perfect pink shade. It hydrates like a treatment while adding a creamy pop of true light pink…I am so proud of it!
The following images reflect all products in afternoon sunlight, on location Death Valley, CA…
// STYLE NOTES //
- Wendy Glez Catherine Pop-Up Poplin Collar Shirt: This chic blouse, indubitably, was the center of my outfit. Sustainably designed in Los Angeles, I’m in love with its soft cotton styling and high collar energy. Simply exquisite! Get 25% off the entire Wendy Glez site with code Rachelanise
- Frame Le One Jeans: Intrigued by the fact that these jeans can fit up to six sizes of jeans, I purchased these late last year and couldn’t be happier. They are ultra stretchy and flattering and truly do fit a span of sizes (I range from a 26 to a 28 and these fit perfectly). I highly recommend them (the size 2 fits 28-32, fyi) if you’re looking for jeans that won’t hold you hostage to a single number!
- Chuck Taylor All Stars (review): I may have brought four pairs of shoes on this trip but only wore these…cushiony and waterproof, they are ridiculously comfortable and even add a touch of height. Get them…you won’t regret it.
- MCM Belt Bag: I use this particular belt bag so frequently as it seamlessly blends with my closet of neutrals. It’s durable and adeptly holds everything I need for a day out and about.
- Patagonia jacket: Warm and timeless, this jacket is excellent in brisk weather and the cream tone matches everything in my wardrobe.
–Shop the Post–
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this look at my skincare and beauty travel non-negotiables during a blissful weekend in the desert and would love to know what caught your eye…do tell!
Good things ahead, including a new video tutorial, an official tour of my new site layout, a haircare-intensive and a host of new product procurements…cannot wait to share.
Stay strong, seek wisdom, much love and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor
**PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-21 Beauty Professor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.