|Freshness for February.|
I hope your February is off to a strong start! I kicked off this month with a return to campus for spring semester (final tenure meeting this week!) and plenty of fresh product testing and am excited to show you what’s new in my routine. From a round of lush skincare and a tinted moisturizer that makes every foundation look (and last) better to a glorious release of Pillow Talk goodness and gorgeous lip color formulas galore (just in time for Valentine’s Day), this post
- *Ranavat Luminous Ceremony Cream Cleaner (reviewed HERE): Ever since receiving late last year, this decadent cleanser has had a permanent place in my shower. The creamy formula removes every last trace of dirt and makeup and duality of calming and cleansing that comes from this tube is noteworthy.
- *Decorte AQ Serum Absolute Firming Lift Contour Serum: When lifting and firming is the objective, this potent formula from one of my favorite Japanese skincare and color lines is the answer. The innovative ingredients target fat cells while increasing skin density for a more contoured look with every application.
- *Retrouve Dynamic Nourishing Face Cream: My recent love affair with Retrouve continues, this time with a daily moisturizer that leaves my face feeling moisturized, revitalized and balanced. I apply a single pump in the morning and adore how velvety smooth and healthy my skin feels afterwards…the immediate and long term benefits make it worth the investment!
- *Costa Brazil Kaya Anti-Aging Face Oil: Long a fan of designer Francisco Costa, I am over the moon to try his eponymous skincare line and this delicate facial oil–enriched with Kaya Oil (native to the Brazilian forest and proprietary to the brand) and antioxidants–delivers hydration and can even be mixed with foundation for a glowy result.
- *Malin + Goetz Meadowfoam Oil Balm: Post-shower, this nourishing balm bathes my skin in moisture that stays locked in all day. It’s a cold weather must-have with a indulgently herbal aroma.
|Face + Base.|
- Shiseido Waso Color-Smart Day Moisturizer: Intrigued by its utilitarian claims of moisture, SPF and a tinted veil of color that works with most skin tones, I picked this up at my local Sephora and am so pleased that I did. I use this like a primer and am stunned by how porcelain and even it makes my skin…it let’s me use less foundation and keeps everything in place for hours on end. It feels like a secret that I’ve stumbled upon and I am thrilled to be able to share it with you!
- *Kosas Tinted Face Oil 5.5 (reviewed HERE): A few months ago, I realized that shade 5.5 in this brilliant formula is a perfect match for my NC 25-27 light-medium olive skin and haven’t looked back. Deceptively weightless with marvelous, breathable coverage, this base makes skin look airbrushed and stays in place all day.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer in Almond: Ever my orbital go-to, this concealer banishes darkness while living up to its cult status on a daily basis.
|Swatches of base and face in direct sunlight.|
- *Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Cheek to Chic Blush Intense: Already a fan of the original pillow talk blush, this intense version–which will work well on tan and deep skin tones–can also double as a bronzer on light and medium skin tones (as demonstrated in the images at the end of this post). I love swirling the deep red brown outer ring with the luminous pinky beige inner ring for a customized flush.
- Surratt Beauty Artistique Cheek Brush: This is my daily go-to brush for powder bronzer and blush and has been for 5+ years…if you haven’t yet tried it, I implore you to give it a spin. Troy Surratt created a masterpiece with this one.
- *Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Light Wand in Pillow Talk and Pillow Talk Medium: I have run through countless Beauty Light Wands over the years as the gel formula looks incredibly natural on the skin for a lit-from-within look. As an ardent fan of all things Pillow Talk, my excitement for these two new shades–a soft champagne rose (worn in the images at the end of this post) and a warm peachy bronze rose–couldn’t be contained and I am thrilled to show you swatches. They will launch later this month and I suggest adding them to cart as soon as you spot them as I predict they’ll sell out immediately.
|Cheek product swatches in direct sunlight.|
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Instant Eye Palette: I have received so many requests to review this palette and am happy to finally be able to oblige. Replete with an array of creamy matte and radiant satin finish shades in the beige, peach, tan and rose families, the buttery shades (read: no fallout!) in this well-equipped palette speaks to my neutral-loving heart while having enough brighter shades to appeal to my (moderately) adventurous side. If that description isn’t enough, allow the swatches below to speak for themselves, my friends.
- *Charlotte Tilbury Rock ’N’ Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Pillow Talk: This intense burgundy brown pencil has uniquely beautiful and insane color payoff along with stalwart lasting power that makes eyes of all shades simply pop. I’ve been enjoying it on my lower waterline and even use it to create a demi-cat eye on my upper lash line (as demonstrated in the images at the end of this post).
- *RealHer Liquid Eyeliner: This clean beauty gem features a jet-black formula and waterproof performance at a super affordable price point. I like using the pointed tip to apply to the base of my upper lashes to create even more depth and definition.
- Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Volume 2 Mascara: Two coats for lush and long lashes that don’t flake or smudge…this is a truly exquisite formula.
|Swatches of the Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Instant Eye Palette in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches of the Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Instant Eye Palette in outdoor light.|
|My current lip menagerie.|
|The Clé de Peau Beauté Legend Collection.|
Limited-edition and outrageously red (in the best possible way), the *Clé de Peau Legend Collection features a quartet of lip formulas, all in the signature neutral red shade Legend. These
- *Clé de Peau Beauté LE Refined Lip Luminizer in Legend: Sheer color payoff in a balm-meets-lip color hybrid that’s effortless to apply on the go.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté LE Radiant Lip Gloss in Legend: Plush sheer red gloss with plenty of radiant shine that looks lovely alone while adding dimension to existing lip color.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté LE Cashmere Lipstick in Legend: Rich, creamy and velvety lipstick with a stunning opaque finish.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté LE Radiant Liquid Rouge Shine in Legend: Shiny and full coverage, this stain-meets-liquid lip is my absolute favorite formula. It feels incredibly comfortable on the lips and wears flawlessly for hours. I get compliments every time I wear it…wearing it in the images at the end of this post!
|Swatches of the *Clé de Peau Legend Collection in direct sunlight.|
|Prominent members of the Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk family.|
Now, with the new shade extensions, there is a Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk shade to flatter every skin tone from fair to deep…
- *Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lipstick (reviewed HERE): The original pinky beige with a velvety matte finish, this is nearly always in my handbag due to its versatility, chic wearability and immediate impact.
- *Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lipstick Medium: Suggested for medium and tan skin tones, this berry rose comes in a matte formula that adds volume and dimension to the lips. To showcase its relative depth, I am wearing it in the images at the end of this post.
- *Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lipstick Intense: Beautifully apropos for rich and deep skin tones seeking the “Pillow Talk” effect, this potent berry stain has a luscious creamy finish.
- *Charlotte Tilbury Collagen Lip Bath in Pillow Talk: Equal parts lip plumper and tinted gloss, I am completely smitten with this pinky beige incarnation that wears beautifully by itself or atop a neutral lip color (as showcased in the images at the end of this post). I currently have the Collagen Lip Bath in three shades and this, without question, is my favorite.
|Swatches of Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk shades in direct sunlight.|
|The new *Decorte Lip Oils|
|Swatches of the Decorte Lip Oils in White Jasmine, Luxe Camellia and Fuchsia Rose in direct sunlight.|
|*Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Lip Pop|
|*Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Lip Pop swatch|
|The *Viseart Moisture Boost Lip Shine in Petale, Beignet, Fleur and Cerise|
|Swatches of the *Viseart Moisture Boost Lip Shine in Petale, Beignet, Fleur and Cerise in direct sunlight.|
|The eye look via the Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Instant Eye Palette, *Charlotte Tilbury Rock ’N’ Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Pillow Talk, *RealHer Liquid Eyeliner and two coats of the Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Volume 2 Mascara.|
|Applying the *Clé de Peau Beauté LE Radiant Liquid Rouge Shine in Legend|
- Striped silk blouse: Clean and sophisticated, this blouse is an investment that is sure to provide years of timeless wear.
- Reformation cotton trousers: Ahh, these all at once feel classic and modern and I appreciate the high waist and relaxed leg…casual dressing at its best.
- Stone oversized tee: I have two of these super soft tees (in the perfect neutral ivory beige hue) in rotation right now and love the way the drape the body and can be dressed up or down.
- Glitter barette clip: This luminous accessory makes a style statement in a single snap.
|Wearing the *Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lipstick Medium topped with the*Charlotte Tilbury Collagen Lip Bath in Pillow Talk.|
Good things ahead, including a new video tutorial, an office tour and an in-depth look at some Spring 2020 launches that I’m loving…cannot wait to share.
xx and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor