And so it begins: the gift-giving season is upon us and before we know it, we’ll be battling busy malls and ordering online like crazy. To preempt the madness, I have compiled a list of nine present ideas for those in your life who love beauty and skincare with a dash of comfort thrown in for good measure; collectively available at QVC, these gifts are sure to please due to their inherent resplendence, utility and classic appeal.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the gift ideas in action as well as the Bottom Line…
// For the Global Beauty Lover //
(1) *Julep Charcoal Body Konjac Sponge(pictured above): This clever little exfoliator fuses the Japanese tradition of Konjac with a convenient suction cup for perfect shower companionship. Sized generously for the body, it’s infused with purifying charcoal for exceptional smooth skin in seconds.
The Beachwaver S1.
// For the Beachy Wave Enthusiast //
(2) *Beachwaver S1: This may look like a traditional curling iron but there is so much more at play! Unlike the modern hair wand, which requires one to manually twirl hair along the tool and hold it in place to develop a style, the ceramic barrel of the Beachwaver boast a clamp and rotates (in two directions and a two different speeds, no less) for effortless, beachy waves in minutes. It works well on a variety of hair lengths and textures and the digital temperature clock ensures that even the most delicate locks can benefit from heat styling without risking damage. Keep an eye out as I will be integrating this gem into a video tutorial soon.
// For the Sensitive Skin Pragmatist //
(3) *First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Set: First Aid Beauty consistently garners accolades; known for effective ingredients that soothes sensitive skin, this brand is a medicine cabinet must. It’s Ultra Repair Cream gift set offers four separate jars of the best-selling formula (great for nourishing dry skin, healing minor irritations and instantly doubling hydration levels) in individual gift boxes so you can share the delight of great skin. The 4-oz creams come in Original (unscented), Vanilla, Pink Grapefruit and Rosemary Mint, all collectively free of artificial fragrances…simply divine for friends with families and co-workers’ desks, no?!
Celebration Foundation Illumination: Buildable light to full coverage and flawless wear that masterfully performs on all skin types.
Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer: Intense opacity banishes under eye darkness and brightens the orbital area without creasing.
Heavenly Skin Foundation Brush: This ultra soft brush seamlessly blends foundation like a dream.
Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil: In a versatile taupe shade, this pencil draws fine strokes that look like real hair and stay in place all day.
Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara (reviewed HERE): One of my favorite mascaras ever, this magnificent jet-black formula lengthens and volumizes in two coats for super fluttery fringe.
Je Ne Sais Quoi Hydrating Color Awakening Lip Treatment (reviewed HERE): This baby pink balm seriously moisturizes lips while imparting a self-adjusting rosy glow that makes your pout full and pretty.
Swatches in direct sunlight: (1) Celebration Foundation, (2) Brow Power, (3) Bye Bye Under Eye, (4) Superhero Mascara and (5) Je Ne Sais Quoi Lip Treatment.
// For the Luxury Beauty Scout //
(5) *Edward Bess Earth Tones Natural Shadow Palette: The sleek, chic packaging of the Edward Bess line is only the beginning of its opulence. This new eyeshadow palette offers five gradient neutrals (sand, rich umber, clay, bronze and sienna) with a strong color payoff, velvety texture and endless possibilities. I know I’ll be reaching for it all winter long!
Swatches of the Edward Bess Earth Tones Natural Shadow Palette in direct sunlight.
(6) *Edward Bess Threads of Silk Multi-Use Powder in Ciao(reviewed HERE): Is it a bronzer? Is it a blush? A highlighter perhaps? In a word, it is stunning for certain.This powder has warm tones of bronze, rosy flushed hues and a pale beige illuminating shade that allows it to to be used all over the face for a beautifying effect…tres magnifique.
Edward Bess Threads of Silk Multi-Use Powder in Ciao.
(7) *Edward Bess Black Sea Essential Eye Cream: For days and nights when the orbital area needs some exquisite care, this rich yet weightless cream is the answer. Instantly absorbed for maximum efficacy, the eye cream also sports light-diffusing technology for a radiant and rested effect.
// For the Comfort Loving Multi-Tasker //
(8) *Dennis Basso Home Reversible Faux Fur Blanket: Even though I live in Southern California, I spend my winter evenings at home wrapped up in a blanket…there is something so reassuring about being enveloped in a warm cocoon after a long work day. Consequently, this faux fur blanket is a sublime option; it’s particularly soft and looks sophisticated and modern when draped over the side of our couch. Anyone who enjoys the comforts of home as much as I do will LOVE this blanket for a gift!
(9) *Philosophy Happy Holidays 3-in-1 Shower Gel Collection: Equally on par with a cozy blanket are the scents of the season. This collection of shower gels–which include decadent holiday notes of candy cane and sugar plum, to say nothing of iced orchid–can be used as shampoo, body wash and bubble bath for multi-tasking that sings to the senses. I’ll be giving these to my neighbors instead of baked good this year…they’ll last longer and, during a time of insane dessert excess, notably have absolutely no calories ; )
The following images reflect the products in action…specifically:
Hi Rachel, thank you for this post of all things beautiful! What shade are you in the IT cosmetics foundation power pictured above? Again, thank you for the posts.
My pleasure…thanks for the kind words! I can wear both the Light and Medium in the IT foundation powder but find that the Medium is a better match for me for most of the year!
Hope that helps…XO,
–The Beauty Professor