|New month newness including the *RMS Un-Cover Up Cream Foundation|
- *Sisley Radiance Foaming Cream Cleanser: Designed to remove every last trace of makeup and dirt while valiantly detoxifying the skin, this gentle but effective foaming cleanser leaves my skin feeling clean and balanced and performs formidably against even the most waterproof formulas.
- *Codex Beauty BiaSkin Day Cream: Founded by Barb Paldus, a scientist and Silicon Valley entrepreneur, this thoughtfully executed skincare line features remarkably clean ingredients and intelligent innovation backed by a host of scientific research. I learned about Codex from former Dior executive Dianne Vavra (an incredible force in the beauty industry who I’ve admired for years), who now serves as the brands Chief Communications Officer. In terms of usage, I like to apply the lightweight day cream directly following cleansing for skin that feels completely bouncy and nourished.
- *Codex Beuaty BiaSkin Superfood: This multitasker can be used on the face, hands and body to drench skin in a cloak of protective moisture. It has now found a new home in my daily work bag!
- *Oribe Run-Through Detangler: I am on bottle #3 of this brilliant detangled; it’s my post-shower go-to and I adore that, in addition to banishing every last tangle without breakage, it imparts ridiculous shine and softness.
- *NuFACE FIX: A nightstand staple, I love the ease of use of this device, which harnesses the power microcurrent to smooth fine lines and lend to an overall lifting effect. I specifically target my crows feet and lips…passing the device upward actually plumps on demand.
|Introducing the *RMS Un-Cover Up Cream Foundation|
|Swatches of ask shades of the *RMS Un-Cover Up Cream Foundation via Credo Beauty|
|A swatch of *RMS Un-Cover Up Cream Foundation #33 in direct sunlight.|
|The complete look.|
- *RMS Un-Cover Up Cream Foundation #33: I used the *RMS Foundation Brush blend a dime-sized amount all over my face.
- Milk Makeup Flex Foundation Stick in Golden Sand: I picked up this lightweight foundation stick over the weekend and love its versatility as it can double as a buildable concealer as well as a medium coverage base. I applied it in my under eye region and really appreciate the crease-free coverage.
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder in Medium: I recently rediscovered this in my stash and love how finely milled and smoothing it is…it truly banishes the look of pores and sets everything in place all day.
- *Sisley-Paris Photo-Touch Sun Glow Bronzing Gel-Powder: Still one of my top 3 bronzers of life, this powder melts into the face for a believable tan result that simply looks like tan and healthy skin. Per usual, I applied to the hollows of my cheeks and perimeters of my face.
- *Sisley-Paris L’Orchidee Highlight Blush in Corail: Just a touch on the apples of my cheeks creates a fresh and flattering, lit-from-within glow.
- Westman Atelier Superloaded Tinted Highlight in Peau de Peche: I love to use my ring finger to blend this into the high points of my face…it adds a creamy reflective warmth that none of my other esteemed highlighters possesses.
- Pat McGrath EYEdols in Rose Venus: I have had my eye on this shadow for while and finally picked it up last weekend. This radiant peachy rose tone has magnificent color payoff and, like all Pat McGrath shadows, stays put for hours on end without fallout or creasing. I applied this shade to my upper lid as a single wash of color and blended along my lower lash line for
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut: Two coats for the fullest most feathery brows.
- *Givenchy Liner Disturbia: I swept this along my upper lash line for a cat eye effect that remains indelible until I choose to remove it.
- BY TERRY Lash Expert Mascara: Two coats on the lengthening setting and one coat on the volume setting and my lashes look practically false in the best possible way.
- Pat McGrath Permagel Ultra Lip Pencil in Done Undone: I am completely smitten with this lip liner (previously reviewed HERE), which allows one to subtly redefine the perimeters of one’s lips without looking obvious. It’s truly a makeup bag must!
- Givenchy Le Rose Perfecto #101 Glazed Beige (also available at Sephora and Net-a-Porter): This tinted lip balm has magnificent peachy pink beige opacity and a cooling finish that gently plumps lips and keeps them moisturized for hours. I bought it on a whim and extremely impressed with it’s color-meets-care appeal.
- Dior Stellar Shine 352 D-Galaxy: I topped the above with a slick of this shiny formula; D-Galaxy is a lovely sheer peachy pink that applies effortlessly.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Lips via Pat McGrath Permagel Ultra Lip Pencil in Done Undone, Givenchy Le Rose Perfecto #101 Glazed Beige and a touch of Dior Stellar Shine 352 D-Galaxy|
|Eye look via Pat McGrath EYEdols in Rose Venus, Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut, *Givenchy Liner Disturbia and BY TERRY Lash Expert Mascara.|
- J Crew Button-Up Japanese Denim Shirt: Over the weekend, I was on the hunt for a new denim shirt and this chambray number fit the bill. Lightweight and in the perfect shade of muted blue, this is destined to be worn weekly. I picked it up in a size medium as I prefer a slightly oversized look.
- Topshop Faux Leather Shorts: A tailored look in a lush faux leather make these shorts practically acceptable for work…they’re high waisted and perfectly pleated for a flattering fit (I ordered in a size 6).
- Sam Edleman Nude Heels: I originally bought these gorgeous heels for my brother’s wedding but have worn them many times since then. Boasting minimalist patent nude styling and a comfortable heel that’s easily under 3 inches, I can wear the all day without incident.
- Tissot Lovely Watch: It’s been so warm and humid lately that I’ve been paring down my daily jewelry but this watch is perennially on my wrist. Luxe yet lightweight enough to forget it’s on, I love being able to tell the time without looking at my phone!
|Sam Edleman Nude Heels|
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this look at the
If you’re in the Southern California area this weekend, consider swinging by the Seal Beach Arts and Crafts Faire (Saturday 9/7 from 10-5 and Sunday 9/8 from 11-5) and visit my brother Seth’s booth–he handcrafts gorgeous leather bags that do not disappoint!
Also, I’ll be hosting the International Congress of Esthetics and Spa Show in Long Beach, CA on 9/8 and 9/9…would love to meet you there if you end up attending.
Finally, if you haven’t already, don’t forget to peruse my curated shop in partnership with the Indie Beauty Expo (use the code Beautyprofessor20 for 20% off your entire order)…my picks can be found HERE.
Good things ahead, including a fresh video and a host of new product procurements…in the meanwhile, make sure you’re following me on Instagram for even more daily content~
xx and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor