Thursday, April 26, 2012
The Beauty Professor
Finding a foundation shade that perfectly matches your skin tone is crucial. I have already heralded the praises of By Terry’s Cover Expert; it, along with the Rouge Bunny Rouge Milk Aquarelle foundation (reviewed HERE) and Koh Gen Do Aqua foundation (reviewed HERE) constitutes my foundation rotation trio. I recently swatched the entire Cover Expert spectrum…it seems that the odd numbers in the line tend to be more yellow-based while the even numbers have more neutral to rosy undertones. This formula is currently available at Space NK, Barney’s NY, Bloomingdales, B-Glowing, Beauty.com and Harrod’s.
Kindly scroll on for shade descriptions…I wish you the best in your color match quest!
1. Fair Beige–very pale alabaster ivory
2. Neutral Beige–very pale ivory with neutral undertones
3. Cream Beige–light yellow beige for fair skin
4. Rosy Beige–neutral light beige for fair skin
5. Peach Beige–as the name implies, a light peach beige; in certain lighting it seems darker than #7
6. Flush Beige-a very rosy-based beige…dries to a dark pink-based beige
7. Vanilla Beige–light beige with yellow undertones for light to light-medium skin
8. Intense Beige–a slightly deeper, more golden version of #7 (a closer side by side of #7 and #8 HERE)
9. Honey Beige–yellow-based beige for medium skin tones
10. Golden Sand–a huge jump from #9, this is a neutral dark beige for medium to medium dark skin
11. Amber Brown–dark golden beige for dark skin
12. Warm Copper–darkest golden beige for dark bronzy skin
–Shop the Post–
Bottom Line: Currently available at Space NK, Barney’s NY, Bloomingdales, B-Glowing, Beauty.com and Harrod’s, there truly may be nothing better for natural full coverage and velvet matte skin than the incredible By Terry Cover Expert Foundation…I hope these swatches are extraordinarily helpful in your foundation quest. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this formula if you’ve tried it!
–The Beauty Professor