Hello lovelies…I hope you had a magnificent Christmas! Spent close to home with family, mine was joyous, indeed.
Today, I am excited to share a close up of the gloriously wearable, double-layered palette for neutral eye lovers. If this description has piqued your interest, do read on. I’ve also included some Boxing Day/weekend sale suggestions for those of you who have some newfound holiday gift cards burning a hole in your pocket…no time like the present for the best deals of the year!
|Above: The Giorgio Armani Luxe Is More Palette, Maestro Brushes and Maestro Lip Stain #500.|
- The Maestro Angled Eye Brush: Whimsically fluffy and white, this brush features angled bristles that harmonize with the contour of the eye for luxuriously accurate application of powder and cream shades.
- The Maestro Blending Eye Brush: Marvelous for blending in the crease, the tapered tip is extremely effective for diffusing color.
- The Maestro Concealer Brush: This flat brush adeptly applies concealer, even in the small and sensitive orbital area.
|Above (from L-R): The Angled Eye Brush, the Blending Eye Brush and the Concealer Brush.|
Official details, courtesy of Nordstrom:
Giorgio Armani introduces the Luxe is More Palette, an
oversized collection of colors for your eyes, cheeks and face. The top
pan is filled with 10 harmonious eye shadows in a blend of colors that
allow you to create a perfect nude eye on the go, while a second pan
features a silky compact powder for a flawless, glowing look and two
shades of compact cream foundation to sculpt and contour the face. The
palette is tucked inside an exclusive velvet pouch and comes with two
eye shadow applicators.
|Above: Swatches in outdoor lighting.|
|Above: A closeup of the top layer of the palette.|
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Layer two…three components for a perfected visage.|
|Above: Swatches of the concealers (1 + 2) and powder (3) in direct sunlight.|
|Above: The Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in #500 is a soft yet rich rosy nude.|
The following images reflect all products in action; for reference, I applied shades 1, 3, 6 and 10 for a subtly smoky eye…
Just in case you are inclined to get the absolute most out of your holiday gift cards, take a peek at these Boxing Day Sales:
- Anthropologie: An extra 25% off sale items with code TAGTIME–check out these mod-inspired Rachel Comey booties for timeless utility.
- Equipment: An extra 25% off with code TAKE25–I just picked up this sweater (as warm as it is chic) and bronze-toned slim signature shirt.
- Free People: 25% off all sale items–this wool sweater dress with serious pockets is calling my name.
Up to 50% off–I’ve been consistently pleased with my ordering
experience from this European e-tailer and I have my eye on this unique Fendi key wallet.
- Luisa Via Roma: Up to 50% off–these Roberto Cavalli jeans are perfect.
- Neiman Marcus: Up to 60% off designer sale–I am saying “yes, please” to this Shoshanna dress, perfect for work and play.
- Net-A-Porter: A major sale (up to 70% off) across all categories–this 10K gold ear cuff (at drastic markdown, I might add) is unique and excellent for everyday wear.
- Nike: So many lovely gift options–I wear my Nikes constantly and these Air Max 1‘s may need to be added to the collection.
- Nordstrom: The Half Yearly Sale for Men, Women and Kids begins now and runs through January; save up to 50% off on a vast collection of wear now items including this Burberry coat!
- Revolve: Tons of markdowns in the Final Sale category…I’m loving the look of this Michael Stars jumpsuit.
- Shopbop: A host of sale options and these Stewart Weitzman heels may have to be mine.
- SpaceNK: Up to 50% off a wide variety of products plus free shipping on orders over $50. Now is a great time to stock up on By Terry Cover Expert (reviewed HERE) as it is half off in preparation for the impending release of an updated version (same exact formula plus a dash of SPF).
- The Real Real: There is always a sale to be found on this site and now is the ideal time to pick up a Cartier Trinity Band; I have two that I never take off!
|Above: Last look.|
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this beauty closeup of the brilliant Giorgio Armani Luxe is More Palette (also available at Neiman Marcus, Barney’s NY, and Saks Fifth Avenue) and would love to hear your thoughts on this stunningly neutral, limited-edition collection of shades.
What are some of YOUR favorite Giorgio Armani Beauty products?
Good things ahead, including a Favorites of 2015 video, a New Year’s Eve look and a host of product procurements. I am also in the midst of working my way through BP comments and emails…thanks for your patience in this busy time of year!
–The Beauty Professor
provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me),
however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally
my own. ©
2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or
republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.
I was initially super interested in buying this palette, until I saw the second layer. I was super disappointed that they didnt provide options for darker hued beauties. Pity Armani was not creative enough to consider providing options for the second layer.
Thanks for your comment! Creating palettes, especially with base/concealer products, can be so tricky due to the vast variation in complexions! Sorry the shades weren't ideal for you…Armani's base shade range has been commendably inclusive for years and they have a new formula launching soon. Keep an eye out for a preview on BP soon ; )
–The Beauty Professor