- MAC Powder Blush in Peony Petal: This blush is a quintessential cool toned baby pink that is richly pigmented without oxidizing dark, even over the course of a long day. I like to stipple this into the apples of the cheeks for a natural flush.
- MAC Cranberry Frost Eyeshadow: Lushly appointed with fantastic color payoff and virtuously no fallout, this warm burgundy shadow has a silky satin finish and subtle luminosity. I can apply it as a single wash of color for a complete eye in seconds.
- MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Patent Pink: I have loved this lip color for well over 3 years and am glad that MAC made it a part of the permanent collection. Glossy and nourishing, this jumbo lip pencil has great coverage and a creamy lilac pink hue that will flatter a spectrum of skin tones.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.
- *Lancer Dani Glowing Skin Perfector (reviewed HERE): One pump of this illuminating skincare formula and my face is hydrated and brightened; I love that Dani offers glow without imparting any pigment as this characteristic works especially well with high-coverage foundations.
- *Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Foundation #6 (ALL shades swatched + reviewed HERE): Speaking of high-coverage foundations, the new Power Fabric is simply brilliant. Lightweight yet potent, this base instantly evens the skin and dries down to a natural matte finish that looks entirely natural and performs well for hours.
- *Sisley-Paris L’Orchidee Highlighting Blush (reviewed HERE): Don’t let this veritable work of art in a compact belie its ability to create a sophisticated warmth on the cheeks that gently contours and bronzes in a single pass.
- MAC Powder Blush in Peony Petal: As aforementioned, this cheery cool pink works well on the apples of the cheeks for a doll-like effect.
- *Vintage by Jessica Liebskind Illuminating Face Set: Featuring two gloriously radiant shades, this stunning palette provides illumination on the high points of the face with soft rose gold and cool pale brown options for a customized glow. I even used a touch at my brow bones for an upper transition shade.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.
//EYES // A drastically pared-down two products complete the eye look in the images at the end of this post.
- Byredo Mojave Ghost (reviewed HERE): This, hands down, is my signature scent…the combination of ethereal warm, sweet, fresh and musky notes allows me to wear it year round and it works incredibly well with my chemistry. When you know, you know.
- Byredo Mojave Ghost Hair Perfume (reviewed HERE): To further enhance the above, I love this clever hair perfume, which infuses my tresses with a softer version of the Mojave Ghost EDP.
- *Juvalips: In a world rife with injectables, I am all for natural ways of enhancing one’s features. Enter: Juvalips. This clever and portable device uses a light suction method to gently stimulate blood flow to the lips, creating visible plumping and fullness with ever one-minute treatment. I noted results after the first treatment and am continuing to use it, both day and night, to maintain my more pillowy pout. Is it commensurate with injectables? Likely not. But it definitely creates a lasting (5-7 hours per treatment), fuller lip at an affordable price point with no long-term commitment. I, for one, am impressed!
- Clarins Lip Pencil in Nude Fair: My mom and I both picked up this gorgeous nude lip liner after randomly swatching it at the counter. It is pale enough to subtly expand the boundaries of the lip line while being dark enough to serve as a stunning base for nude and pink lipstick. One of my favorite discoveries as of late!
- MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Patentpink (reviewed HERE): Two sweeps of this jumbo pencil across the lips and your finished…it’s an effortless cool toned pink that lasts for hours with a soft and moisturizing shine.
- Equipment France Black Slim Signature Shirt: Should I be embarrassed that I have three of these in my closet? Perhaps. That being said, they get A LOT of wear.
- FRAME Denim Vintage Fit High Rise Cropped Jeans: I wasn’t sure how I felt about these jeans when I first bought them; they have a higher rise and an asymmetrical cropping that looks positively rudimentary. That being said, I have worn them a ton in my month of owning them; they are pieced together from two separate pairs of jeans (fascinating) and have a feel on the body that once was only reserved for the most vintage and worn in pairs in my collection. I know these will continue to get a lot of use, especially through the spring and summer. I generally wear a 24 or 25 in FRAME and sized up to a 25 for this high waisted pair…that was a good choice.
- Nike AirMax Sneaker: My tennis shoe love affair continues and these slightly platform-soled gems have classic appeal while being extremely comfortable.
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this FOTD and would love to know which products caught YOUR eye…do tell!
I have a host of stories in the works–including the latest By Terry, an IMATS LA recap, a fresh video tutorial and a haircare feature. Do you have any requests?
xx and thanks, from my heart, for reading!
–The Beauty Professor