I hope your week is off to a wonderful start! I am excited to share a fresh FOTD, rife with new products from Clé de Peau Beauté, Hourglass Cosmetics and La Prairie; I also included an incredible boot discovery, entirely apropos for the current winter weather.
|Clé de Peau Beauté Cream Color Eyeshadow in Pony, Bear and Sequin.|
|The CdPB Cream Shadow comes with a dual brush/sponge applicator that resides within its own plastic pouch for safekeeping on one’s makeup bag…brilliant!|
|Clockwise from top left: Bear, Sequin and Pony.|
This new formula comes in five sophisticated shades:
- 301 Bear: A deep maroon with a satin finish–rich and elegant yet still lovely for everyday.
- 302 Tutu: A creamy pale pink–perfectly cool undertones for rosy toned skin.
- 303 Balloon: A shimmering silver baby blue–ethereally beautiful and fresh.
- 304 Pony: A pale, luminous taupe nude–an excellent neutral wash of color.
- 305 Sequin: A matte apricot beige flesh tone–muted on its own, this shade plays well with others and also works as a lovely base for deeper tones.
|Bear, Pony and Sequin.|
Official details, courtesy of Nordstrom:
How to use: Use a brush or your finger to blend over your eyelids. The product can be applied as an eyeliner or on the lower eyelids by using a narrow applicator.
|Swatches of the CdPB Cream Color Eyeshadow in direct sunlight.|
|Extreme closeup…the cream shadows instantly blend into the skin, imparting immense color and a soft sheen that is virtually texture-free.|
|Just in time for spring…the Hourglass Ambient Strobe Powder.|
|Heavy swatches of the Hourglass Ambient Strobe Powder in direct sunlight.|
A collection of illuminating strobing powders designed to sculpt the
face with light, creating depth and dimension for a refined,
What it does:
Ambient® Strobe Lighting Powders are formulated in a sheer base
that’s infused with concentrated, ultra-fine mico-pearl particles in a
number of sizes and refraction levels for natural-looking
luminescence—without leaving a heavy metallic finish. Developed with
Photoluminescent Technology it captures, diffuses, and softens
surrounding light to refine the appearance of the skin. Use it wet or
dry for different levels of intensity, taking you from an everyday
strobe highlight to a dramatic evening strobe highlight. These
universally flattering shades are perfect for all skintones, and they’re
designed to be used with the Ambient Strobe Light Sculptor (sold
separately) for the most effortless application.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
What else you need to know:
Designed to emulate the way in which strobe lights capture and
reflect light on the face, Ambient® Strobe Lighting Powders contain a
more concentrated level of micro-pearl particles in varying sizes and
refraction levels than the original Ambient Lighting Powders. Combined
with a sheerer base, the powders impart a highlight to the face in its
purest form without masking the skin beneath it.
“Ambient Strobe Lighting Powders give off the most amazing glow to your
skin without being overpowering. I love using it with the Ambient Strobe
Light Sculptor when I want a more reflective highlight.” —Carisa Janes,
|All four shades in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches in mixed outdoor lighting.|
|La Prairie Lotus Glow…get it while you can.|
cheek colour infused with La Prairie’s cellular anti-aging treatment
benefits to improve the texture, look and feel of your perfected skin.
- Enhances skin with soft, radiant glow.
- Long wearing, non-drying.
- 5 glowing shades.
- 0.26 ounces / 7.4g.
|A swatch of the limited-edition Lotus Glow in direct sunlight…truly, a little of this blush goes a long way!|
|Face products, resplendent in the sunshine.|
|Swatches of face products in direct sunlight.|
|Recipe for a flushed glow.|
|I also recently picked up the Becca Shadow + Light Brow Contour Mousse in Cocoa…the darker side has a creamy texture that works well to fill in and polish brows while the luminous pink highighter accentuates brow bones while still looking natural.|
|Swatches of Cocoa in direct sunlight; the light ash brown works well with my darker ash brown brows.|
|Eyes and lips.|
|Swatches of eye and lip products in direct sunlight.|
- Kjaer Weis Foundation in Just Sheer (reviewed HERE): Buffed on with a damp beauty blender, this creamy, ultra-clean foundation offers medium to full coverage…I’ve been reaching for this a lot lately.
- *Edward Bess Undo Time in Medium (coming soon!): Deemed a “skin perfecter,” this formula is highly concentrated, making it the perfect way to banish under eye darkness and any unevenness…oh, and it smoooths skin like nothing else.
- Tom Ford Moodlight…darker shade worn as bronzer (reviewed HERE): Still getting plenty of use from this summertime investment. Now that I am a bit more pale, the darker side works perfectly as a light, radiant bronzer.
- Hourglass Ambient Strobe Powder in Iridescent (also discussed HERE): Applied along the upper cheekbone, this shade creates a subtle glow that doesn’t look like “highlighter,” just softly luminous skin.
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush in Lotus Glow: I like to apply this by patting my ring fingertip into the blush and tapping it on the apples of the cheeks. As aforementioned, the result is sublimely pretty adn little goes a long way…I’ll have this blush for ages!
- Clé de Peau Beauté Cream Color Eyeshadow in Bear and Pony: I first applied Pony across my entire upper lid as a shimmering taupe base and then followed with a generous blending of Bear, focusing on the crease and working upwards. I also swept a bit of a mixture or the two shades along my lower lashline.
- Becca Shadow and Light Brow Contour in Cocoa: I used a small angled brush to apply the light brown shade into my brows to add definition and volume. I then used my pinky to sweet a touch of the pink shade just along my browbone for subtle accent.
- Surratt Beauty Brow Pomade (reviewed HERE): The most magnificent finishing touch for brows, this clear gel keeps everything in place without feeling stiff. It’s a staple in my makeup bag.
- Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara (reviewed HERE): I have been loving the jet-black, instant volume and lengthening abilities of this mascara lately. Believe the hype on this one!
- Gucci Lipstick in Whisper (reviewed HERE): One of my favorite Gucci Beauty products ever, this creamy, full coverage, hydrating and long lasting mauvy pink never disappoints. I have used up half of the bullet and may need to invest in a new one soon.
Let’s conclude with the boots! Although we haven’t been experiencing snowy winter weather in Southern California, I originally purchased these chic Sorel Joan of Arctic boots for my trip to NYC back in November. The surprisingly temperate climate at the time didn’t necessitate me to wear them but the rain of El Nino back home has given me a chance to reach for these waterproof darlings frequently as of late.
Constructed in super soft leather, these boots have a hidden wedge that provides a couple of inches of height while remaining incredibly comfortable. Prior to ordering, I was stunned by the host of consistently positive reviews and now am happy to confirm that I am amongst those impressed with this pair. Even after wearing them for hours, my feet feel perfectly comfortable; I daresay that they may be the most comfortable boots of this nature that I’ve owned to date and the fact that they are excellent companions for inclimate winter weather makes them a wholly worthwhile investment!
|Sorel Joan of Arctic boots in black, worn with Frame Skinny Jeans.|
|Above: Last look.|
Good things ahead, including a Natasha Denona feature, a foundation close up and a myriad of new product procurements (including the Spring’16 Tom Ford Eye Color Quads)! Also, it is currently finals week at one of my campuses and the start of the new semester at another…consequently, I am fielding your lovely emails and comments as quickly as humanly possible ; )
Oh, and a major happy birthday to my beloved husband (who, incidentally, took some of the pictures toward the end of this post)…January 26th will forever be a special day in my heart…so glad he was born!
–The Beauty Professor