Above: (1) Two of my latest Lipstick Queen lippies…the Silver Screen formula in Come Up (reviewed HERE) and You Kid…so marvelous.
Before I retire for the evening, here are nine points of discussion, thoroughly captured by film and quickly discussed!
(1) Lipstick Queen (reviewed HERE, HERE and HERE) Creator Poppy King will be making an appearance at Barney’s NY in Beverly Hills tomorrow; I am slated to interview her in the afternoon and cannot wait to meet her in person! Full rundown of my experience in the very near future!
Above: Skin-saving wonders.
(2) The early October Southern CA heat has taken a toll on my skin and three products that have worked miracles with my dryness are:
Above: Oil, cream and tint…what else does one’s legs need?
Above: The La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift Cream…glorious on every level.
(3) I’ve just started using the La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift Cream. This truly opulent formula has been recommended to me time and again and I am LOVING the results thus far…a smooth, dewy, healthy and hydrated orbital area, even when I am at my most exhausted (which has been basically every day this week!). More on this gem and how I use it in my skincare routine soon.
Above: The bottle of Joy Forever is breathtaking, no?
(4) After running through a sample of this intoxicating juice, I now have a full bottle of the Jean Patou Joy Forever in my possession. This sparkling floral instantly brings cheer into my life with a single spray. Simultaneously classic and progressive, it has significant sillage and lasting power and smells utterly divine.
(5) Thursday 10/9/14 was National Handbag Day (who knew?) and I couldn’t help but celebrate by posting an image of my daily purse…this gorgeous creation–the Quincy Vida–by Seth Wegter Bags. It is just the right size to hold everything one needs (including a plethora of lipsticks) while not being so large as to be tempted to overfill it and break one’s back!
Above: SK-II Essential Power Essence and Cream for clear, smooth, glowing skin.
(6) Kindly meet two new additions to my growing SK-II skincare are the Essential Power Essence and Essential Power Cream. I use these concentrated formulas day and night to moisturize, tighten and clarify my visage and truly, since using the SK-II line, my skin has never been better. Full skincare routine breakdown in the works!
Above: The Glam Screen converts the front of your phone into a mirror!
(7) I’ve been meaning to mention this genius idea for awhile now…the Glam Screen by Jonathan Chebaninstantly converts one’s phone into a mirror. Simply apply the thin film onto the phone and, voila, the reflective surface acts as perfectly functional mirror when the lock button is pressed. I have used this countless times to covertly touch up my makeup or check my teeth after eating…truly, a brilliant invention.
Above: The details.
Above: My mirror…the quality and clarity are tremendous.
Above: Swatches of nearly every shade of the freshly released Tom Ford Matte Lipcolor!
(8) The brand new Tom Ford Matte Lipcolor just arrived at Neiman Marcus this week! I was able to procure some swatches from the lovely Tom Ford Specialist Reena Levin (312/241-7189) at Neiman Marcus in Chicago and the LE shade, First Time (a peachy pink nude that is lighter than Pink Tease), is on its way to my house as I type this. I will make sure to properly profile First Time as soon as it arrives. If you are wanting a delightful shopping-for-Tom-Ford-by-phone-experience, I highly recommend giving Reena a call!
Above: Long week, horrendously messy braid…at least my contour and blush (Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow and Cheek to Chic blush in First Love) are doing their job.
Very excited to check out the TF mattes in person!! I'm headed to Chicago next weekend and NM will definitely be shopping stop #1. Only because I know of your immense attention to detail, shouldn't the title read "10/09/14"?
Thanks for your comment…yes, the TF mattes hold so much promise. I am counting down the days to First Time arriving! Enjoy your shopping time in Chicago…truly, Reena is a gem and will help you out! Thanks for your observation of my date error…that's what I get for typing when I should be in bed ; ) Even though it published late late late on Thursday night, it was my intention for it be a "Friday" post and I just changed the month so it's correct now!
Have a beautiful weekend and talk soon…xx,
–The Beauty Professor
I had no idea TF has matte lipsticks! How exciting! Do you know if there are any nudeish shades or are they all bold shades? Unfortunately, I don't really pull of bold shades too well.
They are new for Holiday 2014 and just were released this week! The nude shade I have my eye on is First Time…it appears pale enough to suit our taste ; ) I've ordered it by phone and it should be arriving early next week! Will share swatches as soon as possible…
xx and happy weekend,
–The Beauty Professor
Was plannig on attending but my son in law broke his leg so I'm not able to attend. Must help my daughter. But… I have preordered the bronze and glow plus a few other things. I will be there first thing Monday to check everything out. Sorry I missed the big show. Life get's in the way of makeup sometimes. Looking forward to your reviews.
Good to hear from you! I am sorry to hear about your son in law…not fun for him!
The Bronze and Glow is marvelous and the event was fun…however, life should always come before makeup ; )
Full recap soon!
–The Beauty Professor