|Above: Ready to enter the beauty wonderland otherwise known as IMATS LA 2015.
|Above: My makeup choices for the day of the event.
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (reviewed HERE)
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift Cream (reviewed HERE)
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge (reviewed HERE)
- Astalift Light Analyzing Moisture Foundation in Caramel (reviewed HERE)
- Becca Lowlight/Highlight Perfecting Palette (reviewed HERE) to lightly contour and highlight my face…contour applied with the Jenny Patinkin All Over Face Brush (reviewed HERE)
- Koh Gen Do Cheek Color in PK 02 (reviewed HERE) on apples of my cheeks, blended with the Cozzette blush brush S130 (reviewed HERE)
- By Terry Densiliss Concealer in #3 Natural Beige (reviewed HERE) under eyes
- Giorgio Armani Fluid Eye Color in #10 Senso (reviewed HERE), blended with Tom Ford Cream Eye Color in Platinum (reviewed HERE) and set with NARS Dual Intensity Eye Shadow in Himalia (reviewed HERE)…on upper lid and lower lashline.
- 3 coats of Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (reviewed HERE)
- Lashes curled with the Surratt Beauty Relevee Eye Lash Curler (reviewed HERE)
- Brows were filled in and groomed with the Surratt Beauty Expressioniste Eye Brow Pencil in Brunette (reviewed HERE)
- For lips, I combined Laura Mercier Paint Wash Liquid Lip Color in Petal Pink and Golden Peach (reviewed HERE)
- Byredo Gypsy Water (reviewed HERE) was the perfect, subtle, fresh and unique fragrance with which to embrace the day!
|Above: The final look.
|Above: In terms of clothes, I embraced a simple, streamlined look including an Alexander Wang Muscle Tee, J Brand Jess High Rise Jeans (reviewed HERE), Neiman Marcus Cashmere Leopard Cape and Freebird by Steven booties along with my trusty, Seth Wegter bag.
|Above: IMATS LA had over 120 vendors, specializing in cosmetics, wigs, tools, special effects makeup and supplies and education.
|Above: The debut of the Beautylish booth, which featured Bioderma vending machines…genius!
|Above: Face Atelier…this gorgeous line is always a favorite stop for me. The base products (including the brand new Ultra Face…shown later on in this post) are incredible.
|Above: Makeup artist Anthony Gordon, Face Atelier creator Debbie Bondar and BP at the Face Atelier booth.
|Above: With Jouer Cosmetic’s very own artist extraordinaire Niki Metz…her sweet energy and talent are such a delight.
|Above: The venerable Hakuhodo booth…more on the exquisite brushes I bought later on in the post!
|Above: The ever-dashing Veil Cosmetics Founder Sebastien Tardiff.
|Above: Mesmorizing airbrush makeup demonstration in action.
|Above: With Surratt Beauty National Artist (and dear friend) Satya Linak.
|Above At the Mehron booth…this line offers makeup for both theatrical performers and everyday purveyors of beauty.
|Above: Famed designer Michael Costello and his sister Stephanie happened to be at the Mehron booth when I arrived.
|Above: With Mehron Marketing Director Stephanie Ferreira Koutikas following our meeting.
|Above: The Mehron Celebre Pro HD Cream Foundation comes in a spectrum of skin-matching shades. More on this foundation later on in the post.
|Above: I adore the treasures I find at the French-Canadian line Lise Watier, found at the Naimie’s Beauty booth.
|Above: With Lise Watier specialist, the beautiful Francoise SaintPierre.
|Above: The freshly-relased Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lip Color…so pigmented and creamy.
|Above: Not just for brows, Anastasia Beverly Hills also has a stunning variety of concealers.
|Above: The gorgeous Anastasia Beverly Hills Marketing and Social Media Director, Sabrina Sinclair (on left) and another lovely associate.
|Above: Can’t get enough Koh Gen Do (at the Frends Beauty booth)
|Above: A breathtaking Egyptian-inspired work of artistry.
|Above: I loved running into fellow beauty blogger, the radiant Krystal of Beauty by Krystal.
|Above: Taking glitter to another level entirely…so amazing in person.
|Above: Artifacts from the special effects wing…this racoon soldier stole my heart.
|Above: Medieval beauty incarnate.
|Above: Thanks for another spectacular show, IMATS LA…see you next year!
|Above: My assistant Laura and I directly following our day on the convention floor.
|Above: Sustenance, courtesy of El Cholo.
|Above: These churros may deserve their own blog post. Insane.
|Above: A sampling of what I procured at IMATS.
|Above: A Hakuhodo retractable blush/bronzer brush and domed eyeshadow brush…the harmony of form and function at its best.
|Above: Lise Watier Fondant lip color in Jennifer, a creamy, soft nude pink.
|Above: Veil Complexion Fix in 2G; this multi-tasking wonder is skincare, concealer and foundation in a single product…brilliant!
|Above: The brand new Face Atelier Ultra Skin in #3…a buildable foundation with the most unique consistency. The HD finish looks just like really good skin…more on this products (with swatches!) forthcoming.
|Above: The Mehron Celebre Foundation in ME 2…a perfect match for my NC 25 skin. Full review soon.
|Above: Gloriously nude lips, courtesy of Anastasia Beverly Hills…this is Pure Hollywood.
|Above: The Anastasia Liquid Lip Color in Pure Hollywood…ultra pigmented, very creamy and uber long lasting…the quintessential lip color trifecta, no?
|Above: Anastasia Beverly Hills Pure Hollywood in action.