|Above: Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation in #22 Natural Beige.|
|Above: Natural Beige is excellent for NC 25 skin.|
Official details, courtesy of Harrod’s:
Cellular Performance Cream Foundation gives a flawless complexion today
while optimising skin condition for tomorrow. With an exceptional 50%
moisture content, Cellular Performance Cream Finish Foundation forms a
close-fitting membrane on the skin surface to seal in moisture, enhance
coverage and create a unique firming effect.
skin to seal in moisture, enhance coverage and give a unique firming
|Above: The ingredients.|
|Above: Foundation rotation favorites.|
|Above: Swatches in outdoor mixed lighting.|
The shades swatched are as follows:
- Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation in #22 Natural Beige (initially swatched HERE)…great for NC 25 skin, this cushiony, skincare-laden formula has a slightly dewy finish and a natural, perfecting effect that simply looks like really good skin.
- Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation in #22 Natural Beige (swatched and reviewed HERE, HERE and HERE)…great for NC 25 skin. Not currently in production anymore : (
- Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation in #05 Natural (reviewed HERE)…excellent for NC 27-30 skin. I am currently mixing it with #03 Fawn (process discussed HERE) for a suitable NC 25 match. The lasting power on this formula is unprecedented in my experience…incredible!
- Gucci Face Lustrous Glow Foundation in #60 (reviewed HERE)…on the fairer side, this light to medium coverage formula is great for NC 23 skin and offers a gorgeous, soft-focus element that is simultaneously classic and glowing.
- Dolce & Gabbana Lift Foundation in #110 Caramel (swatched and reviewed HERE)…infused with anti-aging benefits and a firming, lifting effect that lasts for hours, this is my favorite D&G foundation to date. Caramel is marvelous for NC 25 skin.
- Shu Uemura The Lightbulb Oleo-Pact Cream Foundation (discussed HERE and worn HERE)…this solid cream foundation comes in a compact for touchups on the go, albeit the lasting power is so good that touchups are virtually unecessary. #564 Light Medium Sand is fantastic for NC 23-25 skin…it looks quite light when first applied, but after a minute or two, it morphs into a perfect match.
|Above: Swatches in outdoor shade.|
|Above: Never enough foundation!|
|Above: The Burberry Complete Eye Palette in Dark Spice.|
The Burberry Complete Eye Palette in #05 Dark Spice (mentioned HERE) is also a magnificent new discovery. The chic packaging, replete with a well-crafted velvet sheath and three application brush options, features a lovely gunmetal version of the iconic Burberry plaid. The four shades encased inside are as follows:
- A pale, slightly warm gold that leans marginally marigold in tone…so unique.
- A medium, warm russet brown (my favorite shade!)
- A true neutral dark brown
- A neutral charcoal black
|Above: The velvet sheath is both beautiful and utilitarian.|
|Above: Dark Spice in direct sunlight…the slightly satin finish (without any visible shimmer) is utterly in a class of its own.|
|Above: Swatches in outdoor shade.|
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Above: A swatch of Lady Bare in direct sunlight…creamy, pigmented and not the slightest bit sticky, this is the creme de la creme of liquid lip color.|
|Above: Taken in front of a window.|
|Above: All shades of Dark Spice (with the exception of the charcoal hue) blended on the upper and lids…I combined the two brown shades (in the middle) and added the lightest shade up the browbone for a seamless transition.|
|Above: Neutral never gets old.|
|Above: Prior to the fishtail, wearing a green James Perse Tee, black cape (similar one HERE), Hudson Collin skinny jeans and gray Frye boots…hanging out with my brother, Jasper (he’s so big now!) + Jethro before getting on the road.|
Good things ahead including a November Favorites video (better late than never), my Tom Ford Lips and Boys (!), a Holiday Gift Guide and some new product spotlights!
Have a beautiful weekend…xx,
–The Beauty Professor