September traditionally signals many things including the end of summer, the official arrival of a fall school schedule and the promise of new foundation formulas.
Today, I am excited to reveal a first look at all 28 shades of the brilliant new *LAWLESS Conseal the Deal Long-Wear Full-Coverage Foundation (also available at Lawless), which I’ve been testing (and absolutely loving) for the past couple of weeks. In the process of creating a full beauty look, I’m also sharing some other new makeup discoveries for the season and two style looks that are on heavy rotation.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of everything in action as well as the Bottom Line…
The *LAWLESS Conseal the Deal Long-Wear Full-Coverage Foundation (also available at Lawless) will be available at Sephora on 9/8 and in-store on 9/24 and I am thrilled to show you direct sunlight and outdoor shades swatches for all of the shades in the extensive lineup. Before we get into the marvelous range of tones, however, let’s explore the formulation itself.
Vegan, cruelty-free and completely clean, this serum-based foundation feels like a hydrating skincare, smoothly gliding onto skin and self setting in under a minute. The medium to full coverage has a flattering soft matte finish that mimics the look of perfected skin while still maintaining a natural, velvety glow.
In addition to the stunning coverage, the lasting power of this foundation is immense; after applying (either with my fingers, a beauty sponge or the dense yet fluffy *Lawless Foundation Brush), I find that my foundation requires zero touch ups throughout the day and I end up with 8+ hours of flawless wear. It resists oxidization, creasing, pooling or highlighting pores or wrinkles and feels exceptionally lightweight and breathable on the skin.
The shades come in a spectrum of hues that account for a variety of undertones (pink, neutral, golden, peach, olive, red) so every individual can find their seamless match. Some of my best matches include Tawny, Sandalwood and Honeycomb (worn in the images at the end of this post) and I hope the swatches below lead you to your best hue as well.
All in all, the *LAWLESS Conseal the Deal Long-Wear Full-Coverage Foundation is a dream formula for those seeking medium to full coverage that looks like real skin, clean skincare-based ingredients and formidable lasting power. In sum, this foundation–which is apropos for all skin types–is sublime!
Official details, courtesy of Sephora:
What it is: A long-wearing, lightweight fluid foundation that delivers modern full coverage with a self-setting, natural-matte finish. Vegan and silicone-free.
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily
– Nasturtium Flower Extract: Limits free-radical damage caused by blue light.
– Goji Berry: Rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and widely used to reduce visible signs of aging.
– Bisabolo and Ginger Extracts: Soothing anti-irritants suitable for dry, sensitive skin.
Ingredient Callouts: This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and comes in recyclable packaging.
What Else You Need to Know: This blendable, buildable foundation feels like a serum, fusing with your skin to visibly even tone, blur pores, smooth texture, and cover imperfections. The silicone- and talc-free formula contains active ingredients to provide blue-light and antioxidant protection while soothing irritation and sensitivity.
*LAWLESS Conseal the Deal Long-Wear Full-Coverage Foundation Fair-to-Light Shades:
- Meringue: Very fair with pink undertones
- Pearl: Very fair with warm-neutral undertones
- Cristallo: Fair with neutral-peach undertones
- Almond: Fair with peachy undertones
- Seashell: Fair with golden-neutral undertones
- Sand: Light with golden-olive undertones
- Champagne: Light with rosy-peach undertones
- Sesame: Light-medium with neutral undertones
*LAWLESS Conseal the Deal Long-Wear Full-Coverage Foundation Light-to-Medium Shades:
- Sunlight: Light-medium with warm-neutral undertones
- Dune: Medium with warm peach undertones
- Fawn: Medium with light golden undertones
- Citrine: Medium with light golden-olive undertones
- Golden: Medium with warm olive undertones
- Tawny: Medium-tan with neutral undertones
- Palo Santo: Medium tan with soft peach undertones
- Sandalwood: Medium tan with warm golden undertones
*LAWLESS Conseal the Deal Long-Wear Full-Coverage Foundation Medium/Tan-to-Deep Shades:
- Golden Peach: Tan with deep-peach undertones
- Honeycomb: Tan with warm golden undertones
- Amber: Tan-deep with deep golden undertones
- Suede: Tan-deep with warm honey undertones
- Sienna: Deep with neutral-red undertones
- Warmth: Deep with deep golden-olive undertones
- Camel: Deep with warm-neutral undertones
- Sable: Deep with intense peach undertones
*LAWLESS Conseal the Deal Long-Wear Full-Coverage Foundation Deep-to-Ultra Deep Shades:
- Truffle: Very deep with neutral undertones
- Toasted Almond: Very deep with warm-neutral undertones
- Rosewood: Very deep with reddish undertones
- Coco: Ultra deep with warm neutral undertones
// BASE + FACE // A refined and balanced canvas in six products.
For the look that follows, I applied the *Lawless Conceal the Deal Long-Wear Full-Coverage Foundation in Honeycomb (my ideal post-summer match) and buffed it to oblivion with the *Lawless Foundation Brush. Next, I took the darkest shade from the genius new *BY TERRY Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder Palette 02 along my cheek bones and perimeters of my face for a soft contour and overall warmth. I then blended a couple of the lighter shades in my orbital region (skipped concealer completely) to diffuse any lines and darkness. This palette is pure magic…a veritable filter for the skin and I am happy to be able to offer my Beauty Professor readers 20% off BY TERRY with the code BEAUTYPROF20 (now through 9/19).
Next, I used my ring finger to tap the universally flattering nude rose *Le Metier de Beaute Creme Fresh Tint in Toujours on the apples of my cheeks for a subtle flushed and bouncy glow. For a touch more radiance, I applied the new REFY Gloss Highlighter on the high points of my cheeks. This silky formula feels weightless and imparts a glossy sheen (rather than overt shimmer) that makes skin look positively lit-from-within. To finish my canvas (actually, after eyes and lips below), I sprayed the Lawless Glam Guard Setting Spray, which has an ultra fine mist for even dispersal; this clean (rare!) formula truly keeps makeup in place for an insurmountable span of time and also makes for a great mid-day refresher.
// EYES + LIPS // Abundant neutrals for fall, please!
For an effortless neutral smoky eye, look no further than the *Charlotte Tilbury Super Nudes Easy Eye Palette. This palette features six satin-meets-matte shades that feel buttery and blendable. For the look that follows, I mixed the first two shades to create a warm taupe wash of color that resists creasing, even in warm weather. Then, I swept the brightening side of the dual ended *Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Exagger-Eyes Eyeliner along my waterline for a wide-eyed and awake look .
Later in the images, I used the darker side on my waterline to take things up a notch. For brows and lashes, I used two coats of the Too Faced Brow Wig Medium Brown (this is a stellar formula, by the way) followed by the *Kosas The Big Clean Mascara (also at Kosas) to create intense volume and length and now that it has been reformulated with long wear in mind, there is zero smudging or flaking, even after 10+ hours of wear.
For lips, I defined with the creamy *Wayne Goss The Luxury Lip Liner in Medium Nude (this shade goes with nearly all of my lipsticks!) and followed with the pinky nude taupe *Charlotte Tilbury Runway Royalty, which is perhaps my most favorite Charlotte Tilbury neutral these days and changed it up with the glossy pink Dior Addict Stellar Lip Shine in 553 Magnetic Smile,which instantly enlivens the face.
// HAIR and FRAGRANCE //
For the past few weeks, I’ve been actively testing the *Vegamour GRO+ Advanced Shampoo and Conditioner and am very pleased with my results thus far. The silicone-free, sulfate-free formula is enriched with Karmatin (a natural protein to fortify stressed strands) to repair damage and add a glossy sheen that doesn’t weigh the hair down. Every time I use it, I feel like I’m giving my hair a special spa treatment. Can’t wait to continue to calibrate my hair health over time.
Also, it’s important to note that Oribe has launched an utterly resplendent trio of fragrances. Luxurious and sensorial in nature, each of the flacons features weighty crystal bottles topped with elements inspired by precious earth. *Cote d’Azur is like a trip to the French Rivera with notes of bergamot, current, Sicilian orange, jasmine, vetiver and amber; it’s a scent synonymous with Oribe, though the EDP version is even more complex and long lasting. *Desertland is ethereally lovely; lavender, cedar, vetiver and sandalwood harmonize for a gorgeous take on a lush skin scent. Finally, *Valley of Flowers is a rich and lavish floral (peony! voilet! rose!) anchored by amber and musk for a sensual and creamy dry down.
I am still deciding which one is my favorite, but Desertland feels modern and singularly different than anything I currently have in my collection…in sum, all three are simply beyond.
The following images reflect all products in action in afternoon sunlight…
// STYLE NOTES I //
- Free People Eternal Bustier: I’ve never thought of myself as a “bustier” person but this cotton version features puckering for a bra-free experience and boning on the sides for subtle structure. Size down (I’m wearing an XS) as it runs large and you want anything strapless to stay put, of course. It comes in a few other colors and is currently half off, too!
- Preppy Trousers: I picked these up in the spring and wear them multiple times a month…so thrilled that this lightweight pair of trousers are still in stock in all sizes (I’m wearing a M). They feature a stretch waist band, slash pockets and a voluminous cut that is fresh and relaxed. Highly recommended.
- Gucci Isla Double Strap Sandals: Perfect for the seasonal transition, this sandal is cushiony and supportive with gorgeous Gucci detailing and patent shine. They seem to run TTS (I’m wearing a 37) and require little to no breaking in…these will be on repeat over here for months on end.
// STYLE NOTES II //
- Free People Love Letter Cami: Stretchy and supportive, this cami pairs perfectly with shorts on a hot day or under a blazer as a beautifully basic layer. Oh, and it comes in an array of very wearable tones.
- Re/Done 90’s Jeans: I purchased these at the Anniversary Sale and still wear (in a size 27 here) these slightly stretchy and high waisted wonders regularly. Also, did you know there is a summer sale at Nordstrom right now? Check it out and let me know what you find!
- L’Agence Blazer: Also a procurement from the Anniversary Sale, this is the most classic yet feminine blazer I own. From the oversized gilded buttons to the rich beige-meets-taupe boucle fabric, this staple matches absolutely everything. Well worth it!
- Gucci Isla Double Strap Sandals: Reviewed above in Style Notes I.
–Shop the Post–
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this swatch-heavy look at some fall makeup beauty including the gorgeous new *LAWLESS Conseal the Deal Long-Wear Full-Coverage Foundation (online at Sephora on 9/8 and also available at Lawless) and sincerely hope the images effortlessly helped you to find your shade. Do tell!
Good things ahead! This includes a haircare story, a profile on some new skincare devices I’m loving, and my exercise and supplement routine. Also, a host of new product procurements…cannot wait to share.
Stay strong, seek wisdom, sending love and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor
**Press samples indicated by asterisk. As always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-21 Beauty Professor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.
Leave a Reply