Hello lovelies! Last week, I shared my 2015 Holiday Gift Guide with the promise of a final installment, focused on jewelry, lip color and a dash of style on sale, just in time for last-minute gift procurement. The products featured are some of my favorite daily essentials, plucked from my collection to be highlight in this story!
My jewelry taste is fairly specific…I prefer a combination of gold and silver pieces that can be worn everyday. Classic, effortless and unique, these choices embody a relaxed elegance that works year round.
|Above: The Loren Stewart Ball Choker.|
The Loren Stewart Ball Choker is one of my latest acquisitions. This 14K gold wire necklace fits close yet comfortably to the neck, making it a piece to never take off…I sleep and shower in mine as it and the fact that it isn’t a chain allows one to layer necklaces with it without fear of tangling.
Also pictured, the divine *Norell fragrance, a floral-meets-musk that first launched in 1968. This updated version is gorgeous for daily wear.
Next up is the Victorinox Square Watch, which I’ve had for years. The gold and chrome metal, classic shape and easy to read face seamlessly blend to any style and it pairs well with bracelets.
|Above: The Victorinox watch in action.|
|Above: A larger face and colorful band make this Daniel Wellington watch unique.|
Another watch I’ve been loving as of late is this *Daniel Wellington rose gold watch. Featuring a clean, bright face with Roman numerals and a striped, cloth and leather band, this preppy gem adds a dash of understated color to my generally monochromatic outfits.
|Above: My Daniel Wellington watch.|
|Above: My custom talisman from Sequin NYC.|
|Above: Layering pieces like a mad woman!|
|Above: The Monica Vinader Fiji Friendship Bracelet in rose gold and black.|
|Above: Jewelry loving!|
To round out the category, here are a few accessories that have been on constant replay in my routine:
- Vintage Cartier scarf…I love all things silk scarf and Cartier-related so this gem from The Real Real, which guarantees authenticity of its barely used designer items, hits all the marks. Timeless and useful (hair accessory! belt! fix for a too-low top!), this holiday season is a great time to start collection.
- *Maison Margiela Replica Lipstick On…brand new from the Margiela line, this dreamy fragrance is reminiscent of all the best moments of getting ready in front of mirror. Softly sweet and subtly floral, this is a MUST for makeup lovers.
- Gigi New York iPhone Wallet Case…available for monogram, this genius wallet features a detachable iPhone case for flexibility and convenience on the go. I’ve used my green version nonstop for nearly a year!
|Above: Maison Margiela Lipstick On…blush and powder at its best.|
|Above: My latest scarf.|
|Above: Transitioning from jewelry to lip color now…|
|Above: Candy Lipz.|
Onto lip color! First, I’d like to mention a product with which I’ve been experimenting for the past month or so. *Candy Lipz is a lip plumping device which safely utilizes suction to bring fullness to one’s pout. I love the fact that it has an optional divider so one can concentrate the plumping on the upper (in my case) or lower lip rather affecting both equally. If you’ve tried every topical lip plumper and are ready for a new way of increasing volume in a matter of two minutes (results last 2-6 hours and are supposed to be longer lasting with frequent and consistent use), then consider giving Candy Lipz a spin.
|Above: The MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Plexi-Glass Kit.|
- Nude Beige: My absolute new favorite, this insanely pigmented shade alone makes this kit worthwhile. It creates the perfect plush nude lip alone or atop lip liner or a pink or nude lip color…AMAZING.
- Pearly Nude
- Red Coral
- Candy Pink
|Above: The flat paddle doe foot applicator of the MUFE Plexi-Gloss is unique and effective.|
For those who have an insatiable thirst for lip gloss, consider the MAKE UP FOR EVER Plexi-Gloss Collection. Brimming over with 12 glosses of varying shades and finishes ranging from a pale pearly beige all the way to a deep and lush burgundy, this color-saturated collection contains:
- Pearly Light Beige
- Brown Beige
- Sweet Pink
- Pop Pink
- Fuchsia Pink
- Pearly Golden Pink
- Orange Coral
- Pearly Plum
- By Terry Baume de Rose Gloss (reviewed HERE)
- Bliss Liquid Lipstick in Gotta Nude Attitude (reviewed HERE)
- Charlotte Tilbury Gloss in Seduction (reviewed HERE)
- NARS Chelsea Girls gloss (reviewed HERE)
- Tom Ford Naked Gloss (reviewed HERE)
- Marc Jacobs gloss in French Tickler (also available at MarcJacobsBeauty and reviewed HERE)
- Girlactik Star Gloss in Flirty (formula reviewed HERE)
- Burberry Kisses Gloss in Nude Beige…delightfully unscented and not the slightest bit sticky, this opaque pinky nude looks lovely alone or over lip pencil for effortlessly shiny lips.
|Above: Wearing NARS gloss in Chelsea Girls.|
- *La Prairie Lip Enhancer (reviewed HERE)
- *Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Very Victoria (reviewed HERE)
- Chanel Lip Pencil in Modore Nude (reviewed HERE)
- Christian Louboutin Lip Definer in Nats (reviewed HERE)
- *Rodial Lip Pencil in Nude #2…a true peachy beige, this waterproof neutral is creamy and opaque. I love pairing it with Make Up Forever gloss in Nude Beige (as seen in this Instagram post)
- *Le Metier de Beaute Waterproof Lip Liner in Nylon (reviewed HERE)
Jewel-Toned Pinks, Reds and Corals // For a creamy, bright pop of color that doesn’t overwhelm.
- MustaeV Lip Palette Red…this versatile and affordable 10 shade palette possesses a spectrum of rich, buildable and blendable shades for endless combination. Yet another highly recommended from the venerable MustaeV line!
- MustaeV Lip Palette Coral
- Tom Ford Lilac Nymph (reviewed HERE)
- Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Cheek Tint…softly pigmented and endlessly creamy, this tender peachy pink looks amazing dabbed onto the apples of one cheeks and can also be swept over lips for a mod 1960’s pale pink result.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Enriched Lip Luminzer in Pink Parfait (reviewed HERE and also available at CdPB)
- Armour Beauty V Gloss in Gilda…in honor of famed comedian Gilda Radner, this glowing bright pink is vegan, pigmented, moisturizing and long wearing…so lovely.
- Dolce & Gabbana Sophia Lip Color (reviewed HERE)
- Christian Louboutin Silky Satin Lip Color in Bikini (reviewed HERE)
|Above: Koh Gen Do Cheek Tint…swatched in sunlight, this creamy formula is a beautiful pale peach for a naturally just pinched look that can be applied to lips or cheeks.|
|Above: Wearing Christian Louboutin Silky Satin Lip Color in Bikini.|
|Above: Bikini for the win.|
Mid-Toned Neutrals // For a deeper nude that looks ever so “my lips but better.”
- Buxom Big & Sexy Bold Gel Lipstick in Guilty Angel
- Kaplan MD Lipstick in Peach (reviewed HERE)
- Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lip Color in Backtalk
- Christian Louboutin Silky Satin Lipstick in Tutulle (reviewed HERE)
- Surratt Beauty Lipslique in Fee Soie (reviewed HERE)
- Laura Mercier Lip Parfait in Amaretto Swirl (reviewed HERE)
- Tom Ford Matte Lip Color in First Time (reviewed HERE)
- Tom Ford Lips & Boys in Flynn (reviewed HERE)
Liquid Lip Color in the Darker Neutral Family // Saturated with pigment and extremely long lasting.
- *Edward Bess Lasting Kiss in Au Naturale (reviewed HERE)
- *Estee Lauder Liquid Lip Potion in Fierce Beauty (reviewed HERE)
- *Giorgio Armani Ecstasy Lacquer in #503 (reviewed HERE)
|Above: Wearing the Giorgio Armani Ecstasy Lacquer in #503.|
|Above: Last look.|
- Anthropologie: 20% off all items with code STOCKUP–check out these mod-inspired Rachel Comey booties for timeless utility.
- Equipment: 25% off with code TAKE25–this striped dress and bronze-toned slim signature shirt are going into my shopping cart this minute.
- Free People: 25% off winter boots–these hiking-inspired booties are calling my name.
- Italist: Up to 50% off–I’ve been consistently pleased with my ordering experience from this European e-tailer and I have my eye on these DSquared2 Twiggy Jeans.
- Luisa Via Roma: Up to 50% off–this Saint Laurent sweater is perfect.
- Neiman Marcus: Extra 25% off designer sale–I am saying “yes, please” to this brilliant Burberry coat.
- Net-A-Porter: A major sale across all categories–this handmade cuff (at drastic markdown, I might add) is unique and excellent for everyday wear.
- Nike: So many lovely gift options–I wear my Nikes constantly and these Air Max 1‘s may need to be added to the collection.
- Nordstrom: So many gift options and free delivery by Christmas Eve–I think I’ll be picking up a couple of sets of these darling copper mugs for our house…I don’t always buy makeup ; )
- Revolve: Designer dress sale with savings up to 50% off–this Cacharel Ruffle Dress will work just as well at work as it will at a special event.
- Shopbop: A host of sale options in the curated gift guide; I’ve been wearing a ton of boyfriend jeans lately and these slouchy leather pants (rare!) need to be a part of the rotation.
- The Real Real: There is always a sale to be found on this site and now is the ideal time to pick up a Cartier Trinity Band, currently an additional 20% off with code GIFT; I have two that I never take off!
Bottom Line: I hope you found this last-minute gift guide helpful and inspiring and would love to hear what has caught your eye!
XOXO and have a lovely remainder of the weekend,
–The Beauty Professor
provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me),
however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally
my own. ©
2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or
republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.
hi rachel!! ok….everything caught my eye!! i'm still taking notes from your other fabulous holiday post. years, and i do mean years ago, makeup forever was sold at my local saks in downtown, cincinnati. they really had beautiful makeup. i need to check this line out again when i go into sephora. right now, i'm looking for a red lipstick (like looking for a great pair of jeans). i'm searching for an understated red lipstick (if that makes sense). i heard estee lauder has new glosses for spring and 1 is called red extrovert. i need red introvert!! anyway, with all the "craze" of the 80's brown lip, it also made me look at the 80's red lip. ever since that joan collins video…sigh! on brooke shields, kim alexis and others they wore this light red lipstick. i don't know if i'm explaining it correctly. i still have the vogue issue, may 1981 that shows brooke and a few others wearing that lovely color. did you know ralph lauren had a makeup line? that's the brand that was listed. the only 1 i have considered so far is chanel's sonate glossimer from spring 2014. it's still available but, a tad too pink. if you're familiar with woolrich's red buffalo plaid that's the color i want to coordinate with. if you have any suggestions, i'd greatly appreciate it. i hope you enjoy your time off, it will go by quickly. i'm not sure of my schedule but, i have tons of documentation as our 5 star-rating visit is coming up after jan.15. i have lots of work to do! now, back to reading your posts as everything is just so gorgeous!! yes, i want it all!! love, wendy. xoxoxo
Hello dear Wendy,
Thanks for your lovely comment! I always enjoy reading your musings! With regards to the red lip you are on the hunt for, I suggest taking a peek at the By Terry Jewel Lip Kit (also swatched and reviewed on my blog). It offers 5 reds with different undertones and 5 glosses for mixing up the perfect shade. Very 1980s Joan Collins if you know what I mean.
Hope your post-Christmas weekend is marvelous…XOXO and talk soon,
–The Beauty Professor
….p.s. that lipgloss named after gilda radner is a must have! who didn't adore gilda?! and, all of the jewelry and, that cartier scarf is gorgeous….back to your incredible posts!! xoxoxo
Yes, Wendy…it was created in honor of Gilda and even donates a portion of proceeds to breast cancer research!
Thanks again for all of your support…XO,
–The Beauty Professor
Wow Rachel, great post. I want it all. Love the necklaces and the talismans. Would be a great gift any time. Thanks!
Thanks so much!! Indeed, these gifts were great for Christmas but aren't so seasonally-specific as to be relegated to just December…definitely good for anytime!
–The Beauty Professor
Wow!!! Great products again. Now I know what to include in my gift list and wishlist as well.
Thanks so much, Emily! I hope you got what you wished for!
–The Beauty Professor