|Above: The Neiman Marcus Trend Event is always a gorgeous springboard for the coming seasons.|
|Above: My mom and I at the exposition of the evening.|
|Above: I love the signature glasses at the NM Cafe.|
|Above: A special IPPOLITA jewelry gift with purchase…beautiful!|
|Above: The Trend Event seating area prior to guest arrival.|
|Above: Each chair was emblazoned with a list of the hottest fashion trends for Spring 2014 (listed below along with my personal picks for each category).|
- Artistic Prints…your body is a fashion canvas, paint it well. This Art Deco-inspired dress from Clover Canyon executes this idea well.
- Pinks…my favorite is the barely there nude blush for a unique twist on neutrals. The Vince blush colored skinny jeans are a perfect way to integrate this subtle shade.
- The Pink Lip…no complaints from this pink lip lover!) The Tom Ford Sheer Lip Color in Summer Fling (the only shade I bought from this release) is springtime pink in a lipstick tube.
- Summer Booties…peep toe, wedge and cutout styles will take you through the entire year with ease. These sophisticated suede slingbacks by Alberto Fermani are the quintessential hybrid of booties, wedges and heels…truly the best of all worlds.
- Short Stories…I like a crop top with high waisted pants and shorts with boots, thank you very much. One wearable way to pull off this at work is with a slightly cropped Helmut Lang sweater…short enough to be on trend but long enough to be entirely professional!
- White with Black…always classic, clean and chic, there is no way to improve on this duo, like this Helmut Lang Litho Print Jersey Tee (it’s clear, I love Helmut Lang!)
- Layered Bracelets…my personal approach involves mixing metals and eras, stacking as far up as the arm will allow. These gold-plated ones from Nest are a beautiful start.
- Shirt Chic…button downs are a daily staple for me and sometimes they’re actually from the women’s department ; ) This Alice and Olivia nude chiffon blouse is a delightfully feminine option.
- Denim on Denim…dark blue jeans with a faded chambray shirt work in perfect harmony and avoid being classified as the dreaded “jean suit.” These J Brand cropped skinnies with ankle zippers are a prime foundation for the whole look.
|Above: Prior to the show’s start.|
|Above: A gorgeous Laura Mercier beauty display.|
|Above: Guests beginning to arrive.|
|Above: Requisite mirror shot.|
|Above: Thanks, Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills for another splendid trend event.|
|Above: My “little souvenir” for the evening…a Cle de Peau lipgloss in #5, light pink with a gorgeous, complex sheen.|
|Above: The fantastic array of samples within the NM Beauty Event bag.|
|Above: I love these generous skincare samples from Sulwhasoo and Kiehls.|
|Above: I’ve been wanting to try this version of the iconic JOY and am thrilled at its inclusion in the bag.|
|Above: Befitting for shopping or the beach, this tote will be entirely useful in the months to come.|
|Above: Estee Lauder gifts with $100 purchase at the line.|
|Above: The Le Metier de Beaute gift with any $175 LMdB purchase.|
|Above: The illustrious Fresh lip balm station…stunning!|
|Above: The generous Kanebo Sensai gift (with any $300 KS purchase) includes the Prime Solution and cult favorite lip treatment.|
|Above: The wonderful Tata Harper gift with any $175 purchase.|
|Above: The Cle de Peau gift includes skincare minis housed in a metallic midnight blue pouch.|
|Above: The classic makeup basics gift with any $175 Kevyn Aucoin purchase.|