|The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is here!|
The hotly anticipated Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018 has arrived, extending serious savings on brand new fall releases in every category! Nordstrom cardholders get early access to the sale today through July 19th and the sale is open to everyone from July 20th through August 5th.
Due to my cardholder status level, I had a chance to preview the sale on the 11th and this shopping guide–involving key picks in beauty, accessories, style and even a couple things for my husband–features exactly what I purchased and recommend!
|Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Beauty Picks.|
- Tom Ford Iris Bronze Eye and Lip Set: Costing less than a single eyeshadow quad, this stunning set includes an exclusive eyeshadow quad in some of the most neutral and wearable shades I’ve encountered in ages as well as two mini lipsticks in the brilliantly nude beige Spiced Honey and my-lips-but-better Casablanca. **Palette is worn in the images at the end of the post
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette: The three shades in this palette–Surreal Glow, Luminous Flush and Mood Exposure–adeptly sculpt and flush the complexion while looking entirely natural. The diffused and lit-from-within effect is simply beautiful. **Worn in the images at the end of the post
- Charlotte Tilbury Pretty Pink Lipstick Set: This trio was love at first sight; I run through the iconic Pillow Talk lip liner regularly so it’s inclusion in a set with two exclusive-to-the-sale lipstick colors (the glorious peachy pink Blushing Dream and medium neutral pink Rose Kiss) made this a must for me. Both lip colors are welcome additions to my collection and I have a feeling Blushing Dream (worn in the images at the end of the post) will have a permanent place in my purse.
- Dior Addict Pink Glow Lip Set: Begin with a glossy pink Dior emblazoned pouch, add the cult classic Lip Glow, toss in an ultra pigmented, hydrating peachy pink lipstick (Lacquer Stick in Palm Beach) and include a mini lip plumping gloss and you have a near perfect lip offering. I bought one for myself and one as a gift…this does not disappoint!
|The Tom Ford Iris Bronze Eye and Lip Set comes in a gorgeous chest of sorts.|
|The Tom Ford Iris Bronze Eye and Lip Set|
|Swatches of all of my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Beauty picks in direct sunlight.|
|The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette|
|The Charlotte Tilbury Pretty Pink Lipstick Set|
|The Dior Addict Pink Glow Lip Set|
|Burberry Heritage 54mm Square Sunglasses|
- Kendra Scott Kacey Pendant Necklace
- Longchamp Le Pliage Expandable Tote
- Nordstrom Cheveron 20-Inch Spinner Carryon
- MARC JACOBS Mini Double Pack Crossbody Bag
- Nadri Pave Hinge Bangle
- Halogen Cashmere Wrap
- Rag & Bone Suede & Leather Circle Crossbody Bag
|Picks for my husband from Travis Matthew and Monte Rosso.|
// MEN’S // 90% of my husband’s wardrobe exists because I’ve purchased it for him while I’m out shopping (who can relate?). That being said, I know what he likes and he is consistently pleased with golf shirts from Travis Matthews and dress shoes from Nordstrom Men’s Shoes Department. When I handed him his specially curated pair of products, he was just as pleased as always…what would he do without me ; )
- Travis Matthew JJ’s Legacy Trim Fit Polka Dot Polo: The cool gray material is embellished with tiny dots that would make even the most pattern phobic person feel at ease. Also, my husband tells me that polos and golf shirts from this brand run true to size.
- Monte Rosso Federico Cap Toe Oxford: My husband is on his second pair of these after the first pair lasted 2+ years of near daily wear. Excellent for work, he tells me that they are just the right balance of comfortable on the inside and formal on the outside.
|Monte Rosso Federico Cap Toe Oxford|
|The YSL All Hours Foundation Stick in BD40 and B50.|
Before sharing my style selections, I need to quickly alert you to my latest foundation discovery which seems to currently only be available at Nordstroms. The YSL All Hours Foundation Stick is designed to be a multi-tasking complexion perfector that yields buildable coverage that works as foundation, concealer and canvas enhancer, depending on one’s needs.
The pigmented formula is silky smooth and glides on with ease, feeling perfectly balanced (neither too dewy nor too dry) even after 8+ hours of wear. I have tested it in humid weather and it’s worn flawlessly (without oxidizing, pooling or fading!) and later this week I’ll give it a formidable trial at Disneyland…update forthcoming! In the meanwhile, I have swatches of every shade of YSL All Hours HERE and have found that BD 50 is my best current match. For reference, I am wearing this foundation in the images that follow.
|Swatches of the YSL All Hours Foundation Stick in outdoor light.|
- Vince Silk Split Hem Camisole in Zest: I was instantly smitten with this vibrant yellow cami which screams summertime. When temperatures drop, it will be just as viable with a cardigan (see below) or blazer atop. **Runs true to size…I’m wearing a Small.
- Madewell Cali Demi Boot Jean in Fenton: These jeans are denim brilliant; soft and stretchy while maintaining their shape, the mid-rise waist and slightly cropped raw hem are a fresh take on a classic and they look especially good with heels. **Runs a touch on the small size…I’m wearing a size 26 (and I am generally a 25).
- Lewit Marta Slingback Pump in Ivory: I am having an white shoe moment and these pointed leather slingback are just the right touch of ivory (not too bright), ensuring that they’ll comfortably go with nearly everything in my wardrobe. **Runs true to size…I’m wearing a size 7.
|The full look.|
|The Lewit Marta Slingback Pump in Ivory has a comfortable pointed toe.|
|The slingback of the Lewit Marta Slingback Pump in Ivory is stretchy yet secure.|
|The higher waist of the Madewell Cali Demi Boot Jean in Fenton works well with a variety of top lengths.|
|The Treasure & Bond Easy Throw On Cardigan in Olive Breen|
|The eye look, featuring the Tom Ford Iris Bronze Eye Palette.|
|The YSL All Hours Foundation Stick in B50 and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette in action.|
|Madewell Oversized Ex-Boyfriend shirt in Jade Green (paired with the Madewell Cali Demi Boot Jean in Fenton)|
|Tie the Madewell Cali Demi Boot Jean in Fenton at the waist for a fun day out and tuck it in with trousers when serious business is at hand.|
|ASTR the Label V-Neck Crepe Shift Dress|
|Eileen Fisher Ives Bootie in Wheat Nubuck|
|ASTR the Label V-Neck Crepe Shift Dress + the Eileen Fisher Ives Bootie in Wheat Nubuck|
|The Hinge Lace Detail Minidress|
|TheHinge Lace Detail Minidress paired with the Burberry Heritage 54mm Square Sunglasses|
|The subtle yet intricate detailing on the Hinge Lace Detail Minidress|
|Leith Midi Coat.|
|Wearing the Leith Midi Coat with the Burberry Heritage 54mm Square Sunglasses|
|Loving this dress by ASTR the Label.|
|ASTR the Label dress|
|Charlotte Tilbury Blushing Dream (from the Pretty Pink Lipstick Set) on the lips.|
|The swingy skirt of this ASTR the Label dress is feminine without being too precious.|
|Active wear for moments when I’m active and not so active.|
|Zella Sun Salutation High Waist Leggings + Adidas Active Icons Cropped Hoodie in Trace Scarlet|
|Jumping for joy in the Nike Tempo Running Shorts in Smoky Mauve and|
|The Nike Sportswear Rally Sweatshirt worn with the|
|Last look…the Nike Sportswear Rally Sweatshirt.|
As aforementioned, Nordstrom cardholders get early access to the sale today through July 19th and the sale is open to everyone from July 20th through August 5th. I suggest shopping early and often for the best selection and I will make sure to update you on any additional purchases from the sale that I make in the coming days (it seems to happen every. single. year.).
Good things ahead, including a host of new product procurements and a special Beauty Professor life update…more soon!
Thanks for your consistent support, loyalty and sense of community…I am always grateful for what we’ve built here over the past six and a half (!!) years.
–The Beauty Professor