|A look at products on heavy rotation in mid-December.|
|Skin, hair etc.|
- *Knesko Skin Rose Quartz Face Mask: Luxurious on every level, I used this lush and clean hydro gel mask, which is reiki energy charged and infused with precious minerals, to hydrate, brighten and nourish my skin. The brand–which is pronounced “Nes-ko,” (the initial “k” is silent) focuses on skincare as a ritual…the weighty mask rife with skincare forces one to sit calmly while soaking up the benefits. Simply brilliant!
- *Knesko Skin Nano Gold Repair Collagen Eye Masks: To help combat my tired eyes (the end of the semester is synonymous with late nights and early mornings over here), I embraced these firming and lifting eye masks that harness the power of 24K colloidal gold and collagen. The manner in which they depuff and firm is nothing short of magical…cannot wait to try more from this intriguing brand.
- *ReVive Sensitive Oil-Free Lotion SPF 15: As its name implies, this lightweight moisturizer is fabulous for skin that needs a drink of moisture without irritation. Excellent for combination and oily skin, it balances the canvas and controls excess oil product for a fresh-faced look (and feel) all day.
- Mason Pearson Junior Mixture Nylon & Board Bristle Hair Brush: This brush has been in my purse for years…it’s small enough to be portable but large enough to remove every last tangle while leaving hair shiny and smooth. It’s an investment well worth the pursuit!
- *BYREDO Woods Candle: Completely apropos for the winter months, this candle–which summons up the cozy yet cool energy of the forest and possesses a 60-hour burn time–is on deck to burn next as my beloved Treehouse candle has but a few hours left.
- Crate & Barrel Looking Glass Mirror: I bought this for my bedroom wall; the clean lines and golden chain accent belie its under $50 price tag…so good.
|Base + face.|
- *Livana PerfectTemp The Traveler Makeup Bag (reviewed HERE): The weather has been all over the place in Southern California as of late…sometimes it’s utterly frigid and other times–especially in the sun–I’m breaking into a sweat. Consequently, this makeup bag has been a lifesaver as it keeps the temperature of my makeup consistent no matter what the weather decides to do. I’ll be relying on it heavily for a post-Christmas trip to the desert…more on that soon! Use the code BEAUTYPROFESSOR25 for 25% off of your order.
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter #4: My daily primer, I applied a quarter sized amount all over my face (blended with my fingers) for a special glow that makes skin look its unequivocal best.
- La Mer The Luminous Lifting Cushion Foundation #33 Warm Bisque: I recently unearthed this formula from a mountain of foundation in my collection and am so glad that it surfaced; the buildable medium coverage is lightweight and lovely and, once set, simply looks like really good skin. Also the lasting power is divine!
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Corrector in Almond: Just a touch along my lower orbital region and everything looks brighter and more even. It’s a makeup bag must.
- Hourglass Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light: I used this bronzer–applied with my trusty Surratt Beauty Artistique Cheek Brush–every single day. The pairing is the quickest, most effective way to gently sculpt the face while adding a wash of skin-enlivening warmth.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Cream Blush in #4 Perfect Peach: Still my favorite cream blush to date, I used my ring finger to apply a bit to the apples of my cheeks…the velvety flush that ensured is peerless in nature.
- *Wayne Goss Holiday Brush 2019: This glorious brush pairs so well with highlighter and other power formulas…the ultra soft bristles tenderly distribute product onto the skin for an airbrushed and diffused look that is positively stunning.
- *Chantecaille Eclat Brilliant Highlighter Powder: Housed in a regal gold-flecked compact, this opulent, limited-edition powder the highlighter for those who want skin to look lit-from-within rather than shimmery. The golden veil is universally flattering and can be strategically applied to the high points of one’s face or all over for a candlelit radiance and dimension.
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Star Highlighter: Entranced by the luminous lustre of this LE powder, I used my finger tips to apply a bit along my upper cheek bones and Cupid’s bow for a heightened incandescence.
- Giorgio Armani Neo Nude Compact Foundation 5.5: I swept a light dusting of this slightly glowing powder along t zone to gently set everything…it’s gossamer in texture and gives the skin an extra “something.”
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Eyes + lips.|
- *Livana The Minimalist Makeup Bag (reviewed HERE): For moments when a more streamlined makeup bag is called for, the Minimalist is divine and makes the most thoughtful gift for a makeup enthusiast. Use the code BEAUTYPROFESSOR25 for 25% off of your order.
- Tom Ford Cream and Powder Eye Color in Golden Peach: Are you tired of me talking about this eyeshadow yet? The peachy pink glow it imparts is endlessly flattering and works so well to illuminate the orbital region without overwhelming. I applied a single coat and blended towards my brows to serve as backdrop for the liquid line that subsequently followed. I adore this shade so much that just may have bought three more (two as gifts for close friends and one on backup for me) last week.
- *Surratt Beauty Autographique Eye Liner in Chat Noir: Easily one of the most high performance liquid eyeliners available, I concentrated application along my upper lash line, making sure to deposit the obsidian ink deep into the beds of my lashes for intense impact. Consider this gem a calligraphy pen for those who love makeup.
- *Victoria Beckham Eye Kohl in Black: A lower waterline staple, this liner glides on in jet black glory and does not budge…oh, and it’s 100% clean. Very impressed.
- GrandBROW Brow Serum: I faithfully use this serum every night to support the health and volume of my brows…after trying so many formulas over the years, I can confirm that this one is simply the best.
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut: A few brush strokes through my brows with this illustrious formula and everything is full, feathery and defined with hold that lasts the day without the slightest trace of flaking.
- *Charlotte Tilbury Volume II Mascara: I tried this mascara on a whim and am so glad as it masterfully adds intense volume to my lashes in a single coat. It really must be tried to be believed.
- *Surratt Beauty Relevee Lash Curler: The online reviews of this functional work of art are resonate…this just may be the best eye lash curler on the market. I am apt to agree! It’s gentle yet wildly effective and makes one look refreshed and awake in a matter of seconds. Troy Surratt created a masterpiece with this one!
- Pat McGrath Done Undone Lip Liner: I used a touch of this fleshy nude beige to define my lip area; I love that this shade goes with every lip color in my collection and will be starting my second pencil soon as this one is nearly finished.
- *Chantecaille Lip Cristal in Rose Quartz: Brilliantly deemed by one of my Instagram followers as “my lips but shimmery,” this decadent rose shade bathes lips in gorgeous color and and a cloak of radiance. After being the last of the three LE Chantecaille Holiday 2019 shades to arrive to most counters around the country, I am thrilled that it is available online…beware, once you try it, you’ll be apt to order a backup…it’s just that flattering.
- Tom Ford Lipstick in Spanish Pink: I have been devotee to this particular TF shade for years and recently picked up a new one…it’s a must for a pinky nude lover is–dare I say it–my absolute favorite shade in the entire TF collection.
- *Au Naturale Lip Gloss in Slip: I finished the lip look with a sweep of my favorite clean beauty gloss…this particular shade is a gorgeous fusion of pink, peach and nude with plenty of shine and bounce.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
- Amazon Goodthreads Turtleneck in Vintage Pink: I recently spent an inordinate amount of time on Amazon in search of the best turtlenecks and, after reading approximate 346785 reviews, I found this lightweight (yet completely opaque) cotton version, which comes in a host of colors. Because I prefer a slightly oversized look, I ordered this one in a medium and it’s perfection. Looking forward to picking a few more!
- GRLFRND Helena High Waist Straight Jeans: During one particularly late night try-on session at Nordstrom last week, these jeans were love at first sight. Super high waisted with a cropped straight leg, they are slimming and classic and go with everything. I purchased a size 26 and the fit couldn’t be better.
- Boucle Cardigan in Tan Lion: I love the effortless lines of this cardigan and the color is a neutral lover’s dream, no?
- Jeffrey Campbell Angora Booties: Purchase in the late summer, these booties are still on heavy rotation in my wardrobe…they’re infinitely comfortable and extremely versatile. So glad that they are still available.
|Johannah Elle and her smiles make my heart melt.|
In the midst of this beautiful holiday season, I have good things to share ahead, including a fresh video tutorial, a host of new product procurements and my Best of 2019 video.
Sending much love and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor