|A glimpse at my travel beauty choices.|
|During my Clé de Peau Beauté master class at Bloomingdales SoHo in NYC last week. Photo by Laura Lynn.|
|The view from our window at the Sixty SoHo Hotel in NYC…an abundance of natural light, indeed.|
|Skin care and hair care. .|
- Lift Lab Purify + Clarify Daily Cleanser: My go-to cleanser for years this cleans and exfoliates without stripping or irritation. I’ll continue to buy it as long as it’s being made!
- *Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream (also now available at Neiman Marcus and reviewed HERE): This buzz-worthy formula has been on my face nonstop since January…my mom and I are wholly devoted and are so pleased with the bouncy, glowy and youthful skin that comes from daily use.
- *Sisley-Paris Eye Contour Mask: A constant travel companion, I apply this gel mask at night to fight the dark circles and puffiness that come from a lack of sleep whilst on the road.
- *Orlane Magnificent Lip Balm: Divinely hydrating and plush, this is my second tube of this balm; I cannot get enough of the moisture and the slightly rosy finish.
- *GrandeLash and GrandeBrow (reviewed HERE): This dynamic duo keeps my lashes and brows nourished and full…both are a nightly ritual for me.
- *Sisley Black Rose Mask: Transformative for the skin each and every time I use it, this cult-classic is always in my travel bag.
- *LATHER Blue Chamomile Makeup Remover: I am very intrigued and impressed with this clean and natural formula; it’s extremely soothing yet removes every last trace of makeup without irritation…simply brilliant.
- *Chanel Hand Cream (reviewed HERE): Just a touch nourishes my hands…it’s a nightstand staple, no matter where I am.
- Philosophy Fresh Cream and Mint Body Lotion: This has been my body lotion of choice for the past few months…it’s rich and hydrating and smells delicious without being the slightest bit cloying.
- *Oribe Run-Through Detangling Primer: I cannot live without this recent discovery; the lightweight formula completely obliterates tangles, making my worst snarls history in a manner of moments.
- *Tangle Teezer Ultimate Detangler: This brush lives up to its moniker…combined with the Oribe above, my tangles have no chance to thrive these days.
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter #4 (reviewed HERE): Forever my first base, this adds an “extra something” and plays well with all foundations in my arsenal.
- La Mer The Luminous Lifting Cushion Foundation in #33 Warm Bisque: Because so many of you have been requesting a review of the formula, I bought this while in NYC and am so glad that I did. The foundation, which comes with a refill, offers instant medium to full coverage with a natural finish that wears well for 12+ hours. Warm Bisque is my perfect match and I will try to do a current cushion foundation comparison soon…in the meanwhile, if you can find a match, I think you’ll be very pleased with this formula.
- *Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Med/Dark (reviewed HERE): This has been on my face almost daily; the brown bronzer is so natural looking and the peachy highlighter works as a blush on my medium olive skin.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Corrector in Almond (reviewed HERE): I like to think of this click brush pen as “a few extra hours of sleep” since it truly banishes many of the signs of tiredness in my orbital region. It’s lightweight and inconspicuous yet has fabulous coverage…just what one wants with an under eye concealer.
- Westman Atelier Superloaded Tinted Highlight (reviewed HERE): Just a touch along the center of my forehead, upper cheek bones and down the bridge of my nose and my skin looks lit-from-within rather than shimmery. The slightly pinky peach tone of this creamy highlighter is what lends to its stunningly natural effect…truly unique amongst my cadre of illuminators.
- Hourglass Scattered Light Eye Shadow in Foil, Aura and Blaze (reviewed HERE): During the four days I was in NYC, I wore this combination daily and people constantly asked me what was on my eyes…the formula is radiant and light-catching yet budge-proof…so potent and oft-sold out. I found the 3 colors I wore in stock at Beautylish just in case you seek to recreate the look.
- *Sisley-Paris Phyto Kohl Star Waterproof Eyeliner in Mystic Green (reviewed HERE): I like to put this deep rich green in my lower waterline for an unexpected pop of subtle color and instant impact that stays in place.
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow in Chestnut (reviewed HERE): This is basically all I ever use for my brows so it made perfect sense that I should bring it on this trip…purchasing a back up this week!
- BY TERRY Lash-Expert Twist Mascara (reviewed HERE): Two coats for ultra-long and voluminous lashes that resist melting or migrating…this still ranks in my top two mascara formulas of life.
- *Koh Gen Do Gloss Film Powder #123 (reviewed HERE): A gorgeous finishing powder that I like to use to set my under eye region; it provides excellent coverage while lacking any signs of a powdery finish.
- Fenty Gloss Bomb in Diamond Milk: Entranced by the extreme reflection and slightly opalescent (read: like an oyster shell) quality of this gloss, this is the first Fenty product in my collection and I am quite pleased with it.
- Anna Sui Lipstick F Shade 300: I bought this at the Anna Sui boutique in NYC and wore it nonstop (and in the images at the end of this post) for the rest of the trip; it is a creamy warm pink with no shimmer but plenty of depth and a touch of shine.
- Lancome L’Absolu Lip Lacquer in Nuit & Jour (reviewed HERE): I recommend this shade to everyone as it’s a stunning universal peachy pink nude…the formula is equal parts stain and gloss and it bathes lips in color and hydration…truly exquisite.
- Kevyn Aucoin Molten Matte Lipstick in Tori (reviewed HERE): This has been a staple in my handbag for the past few months; the rosy peach with full opacity is excellent to apply in haste as it wears comfortably for hours on end.
- Edward Bess Ultra Slick Lipstick in Secret Seduction: The latest shade by Edward Bess, this dreamy pinky nude has remarkable color payoff, making it well worth tracking down.
- Dior Diorific Matte Velvet Color Lipstick in #360 Elegante: Transfixed by the smooth texture and gorgeous rosy peach tone, I bought this LE Holiday 2 018 shade for both my mom and myself. It wears like a dream and is well worth tracking down whilst it is still available.
|Lipstick Close Up.|
- Longchamp Le Foulonne Leather Belt Bag: I purchased this fanny pack of sorts on a whim and am so smitten with it; large enough to hold everything that I need over the course of a long day while keeping my hands free (and posture straight and balanced), it was the quintessential bag for me to embrace while walking miles in Manhattan. Highly recommended!
- Vintage Gucci Silk Scarf: Other options HERE: This is my second vintage Gucci scarf from the Real Real and I am over the moon for its neutral color palette and generous length; it looks great in the hair or around the waist as a scarf belt.
- *Oribe Geometric Gold Plated Hair Stick: This two pronged beauty secures a bun in seconds and can also be used to create a host of other hair styles. It’s permanently in my handbag!
- Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540: My signature fragrance, rarely does a day go by without someone asking me what I’m wearing. I love the travel vials for purse-friendly portability.
|Vintage Gucci Silk Scarf and Longchamp Le Foulonne Leather Belt Bag|
|The eye look featuring Hourglass Scattered Light Eye Shadow in Foil, Aura and Blaze|
- Patterned Silk Blouse: Slightly oversized and breezily relaxed, this silk shirt is equal parts chic and effortless.
- Spanx Faux Leather Leggings: These quite possibly are my most favorite leggings…slimming yet comfortable, the leather-look patina is a fresh take on a closet staple. Everyone I know who has tried this particular pair has loved them as I do.
- Nike Air Max 270 Sneakers: Tennis shoes in earth tones? Yes, please! Nike is killing it lately in the color combination category and this particular pair is as comfortable as it is cute.
- Vintage Burberry Trench Coat: There’s something about a vintage version of this timeless classic that is so appealing…I found mine on The Real Real…a myriad of other options HERE.
|The full outfit with Longchamp Le Foulonne Leather Belt Bag…with two of my favorite people: Nathaniel Hawkins and Troy Surratt.|