|My color palette of choice.|
|Even skin, bronzed cheeks and lids and a peachy lip with plenty of shine.|
|Applying the Milani Keep It Full Lip Plumper Champagne|
|Base + face.|
- Flower Beauty Pore Perfect Instant Blur Stick + Multi-Tasking Foundation in Natural Beige: I started by using the transparent blurring side of this dual ended wonder to soften the look of pores and fine lines and prime the skin for the Revlon foundation below. I then used a touch of the foundation stick side in the center of my face and along my orbital region to brighten skin and conceal darkness. I love that this foundation is buildable, fragrance-free, great for sensitive skin and completely portable (compare with the Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick).
- Revlon PhotoReady Candid Natural Finish Anti-Pollution Foundation in Butterscotch: I’ve read many incredible reviews of this new(er) foundation launch and am happy to finally try it first-hand. The creamy formula imparts medium coverage (buildable to full) that simply looks like fresh and healthy skin. I used the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Makeup Blender Sponge to blend it all over my face for an even finish that also fights elements of pollution (compare with BY TERRY Cover Expert Foundation and Surratt Surreal Real Skin Foundation).
- Physician’s Formula Murumuru Butter Butter Bronzer in Deep Bronzer: Buttery, velvety smooth and delicately matte, this bronzer contours and warms up the face while transporting the senses to a tropical vacation. I applied it along the hollows of my cheeks and perimeters of my face for a post-vacation glow (compare with MAC Bronzer in Canyon Dreamin).
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Glow Amour Glow Booster in Golden Hour: I love the gossamer texture of this liquid highlight; it blends into the skin without an obvious shimmery finish and can even be mixed into foundation for additional illumination. I added a touch to the center of my forehead and down the bridge of my nose (compare with Lancome Custom Glow Drops).
- Physician’s Formula Butter Highlighter in Rose Gold: Bouncy to the touch with plenty of rose gold radiance, I used my ring finger to tap this incandescent cream along the high points of my face with special attention to my upper cheeks (compare with Westman Atelier Superloaded Tinted Highlight in Peau de Peche)
- Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso: Perhaps my favorite discovery for this look, this cult-favorite blush is a tender baby pink with an insane amount of glow that looks so lovely on the apples of one’s cheeks. After experimenting with it for this post, this blush–which possesses the quintessential balance between color and highlight–has a permanent place in my everyday makeup bag…truly a gem (compare with elements of Natasha Denona Blush, Bloom and Glow).
|Base + face swatches|
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24 HR Eye Shadow in Amber Rush: I applied this rich warm peach rose all over my upper lids and swept a little more along my lower lash line for continuity. This shadow is ridiculously lightweight, buildable, long lasting and crease-resistant (why didn’t I try this sooner?!) and comes in an array of shades for endless possibilities (compare with Hourglass Scattered Light Eye Shadow).
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24 HR Eye Shadow in Eternal Sunshine: I used my ring finger to blend this pure gold tone up to my brow bones for additional dimension and radiance (compare with Hourglass Scattered Light Eye Shadow).
- Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner in Super Black: This Japanese formula features an intense black line that glides on smoothly and stays in place. I focused application on my upper lid and added as slight tail for a hit of drama that doesn’t overpower (compare with Surratt Autographique Eyeliner).
- Physician’s Formula Brow Last Longwearing Brow Gel in Dark Brown: Pigment and fibers work together to fluff and feather brows and hold them in place all day and I used just a touch to define and set my arches (compare with Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut).
- L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof Mascara: I’ve been a fan of this mascara formula since its launch a couple of years ago and felt like this extra humid month would be the optimal time to try the waterproof version. Two coats makes my lashes super dark, long and lush and I love how impervious it is to sweltering weather conditions (compare with Chanel Le Volume Waterproof Mascara)
|Eye swatches in direct sunlight.|
- Flower Cosmetics Petal Pout Lip Liner in Nude: This creamy and long lasting lip liner has stellar reviews and a retractable tip that makes sharpening unnecessary. Nude is a true warm beige with plenty of color payoff…I outlined my lips and filled everything in. The liner is hydrating and comfortable and wears for hours on end (compare with Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Liner)
- Flower Cosmetics Petal Pout Delicate Dew Lip Color in Peach Posy: At the center of this lip look is this bold apricot peach hue, which I applied straight from the bullet in a single coat. Th color saturated formula feels weightless and wears effortlessly…so good (compare with Clé de Peau Radiant Rouge in Nectar)
- Milani Keep It Full Lip Plumper Champagne and Luminoso: I was torn between wearing both of this shades as reflective topper for my final look. Champagne is a creamy beige with an impressive amount of opacity for a gloss and Luminoso is a pure and luminous pinky peach that–by the way–looks fabulous on its own. This particular gloss formula is plush and moisturizing and not the slightest bit sticky…there is a slight tingling effect that makes lips feel their fullest. I am in love with both shades but settled on Champagne for the final look that follows (compare with Jouer High Pigment Lip Gloss)
|Lip swatches in direct sunlight.|