The amount of skincare that passes the Beauty Professor desk is tremendous. That being said, I never tire of encountering new and innovative products that contribute to fuller hair and more youthful skin! Today, I am excited to share a round of recent discoveries that need to be on your radar.
// Hair + Body //
- *Leonor Greyl Shampooing Reviviscence: Quintessentially French, the Leonor Greyl line has a cult following of epic proportions. From the impeccable ingredients to the lock-loving effect, this particular formula leaves my thick and often unruly hair smooth, shiny, tangle free and incredibly clean. I am impressed by its ability to add lush moisture to my hair without weighing it down.
- *Edward Bess Black Sea Hair Hero (reviewed HERE): This weightless, streamlined formula multi-tasks like nobody’s business. I generally add a pump to just-washed hair to enhance shine, manageability and remarkable volume. If you need additional convincing, check out Edward Bess’ incredible mane as proof of efficacy!
- *Cellublue: Cellulite…it’s a word that no one wants to type much less say aloud. Just because it’s not a favorite topic of conversation doesn’t mean it’s not an issue. This incredibly simple yet effective device can be used to target spongy areas (e.g., thighs, derriere etc.) with a gentle massage that, with consistent use, smooths out the “orange peel” look. In a world of endless serums and creams for said issue, this is singular in its approach and definitely worth a try.
- *Nuxe Prodigieux Shower Oil: With the unmistakable NUXE fragrance (reminiscent of a warm and sun-drenched beach in St. Tropez) and a delicate gold shimmer, this shower oil has a gel texture that makes shaving one’s legs a decadent experience. My limbs are left ultra-smooth and immensely moisturized.
- *Mila Moursi Revitalizing Body Oil (reviewed HERE): In the past, I have mentioned that both my mom and and I love this rich and fortifying oil for its light feel and hydrating properties. Brimming with essential oils and a infused with a fresh, plant-inspired scent, I’ll be on bottle #3 before I know it.
|Portable and effective, Cellublue works to mitigate the signs of cellulite in a few treatments a week.|
- *Estee Lauder Advanced Night Micro Cleansing Foam: This recent launch from Estee Lauder harnesses the power of the award winning Advanced Night Repair Serum and channels it into a soothing foaming cleanser that sweeps away makeup and dirt while giving your face a total skincare experience.
*Le Metier de Beaute Replenishing Oil Cleanser: For those seeking a oil-based cleanse, this new, moisturizing formula from LMdB is a must. Boasting enriching ingredients including Jojoba, Coconut, Olive and Sunflower Oils, Vitamin E and Rosemary Extract, try massaging this over the entire face to free dirt, unwanted oil and impurities in seconds.
// Moisturizers + Serums //
- *Kane NY Serum Savant: The skincare world has been abuzz for this oft-sold out serum; in light of the claims it makes (see below), I can see why! I prefer to use the formula, which employs the use of micro-fragment delivery of Hyaluronic Acid molecules, at night (directly following cleansing) and find that I awake with consistently smoother and brighter skin. According to Kane NY, the formula helps with:
1. VISUAL: LINES—Fine lines and wrinkles become less visible. Reduce depth and contrast.
2. STRUCTURE: DENSITY & LIFT–Lines
are not enough. Ideal skin is full, plump and lush. Contours from below
the surface of skin to lift and firm from every visual angle. Refill to
reduce hollows, tighten contours and shore sagging.3. RADIANCE: LIGHT–Lit from within, not merely reflected on the surface with luminizers. Deep moisture creates a full, liquid light.
- *Bless Beauty Balm by Leahlani Skincare: Designed and produced in Maui, this latest creation from the highly lauded Leahlani Skincare starts as a solid and melts when it meets one’s fingertips. Lilting with the essences of Orange Blossom and Blue Tansy, this balm delivers moisture and glow while instantly soothing and calming irritated and sensitive skin. Utterly divine!
- *Juara Clove Flower & Turmeric Anti-Aging Serum: I have been taking Turmeric on and off for years and love its antioxidant powers. When I learned that Juara, one of my favorite natural lines, had integrated it into its newest serum, I couldn’t wait to give it a try. Coupled with Clove Flower (which smells magnificent) and Goji Fruit Extract, this serum hydrates, tightens and stimulates circulation for healthier skin that simply glows.
- *Tula Advanced Neck Cream: Hydrating and plush, this cream delivers significant moisture to the fragile neck and decollete area, both of which are prone to visible signs of aging. I prefer to apply morning and night for maximum smoothness and firmness.
- *Hada Labo Skin Plumping Gel Cream: This gel-meets-cream contains an insane concentration of Hyaluronic Acid to plump skin upon contact. I used it frequently during my trip to Bermuda last month and deeply appreciated its ability to fight the intense dryness cultivated during long flights.
*Erno Laszlo White Marble Sheet Mask: If you have 10 spare minutes, than you have enough time to enjoy the impressive benefits of this new sheet mask. Marinating in an envelope of serum that includes collagen (for hydration and wrinkle reduction), Soybean extract (to lighten and even skin tone), Vitamin C (which combats discoloration and brightens the visage) and Green tea extract (to soothe skin while providing protection from free radicals), the White Marble Sheet Mask revitalizes while still being entirely safe for sensitive skin; after a long and often sleep-deprived week, I truly appreciate the radiant results.
- *La Prairie Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Transforming Cream (reviewed HERE): This freshly-released hybrid imparts ultra-flattering light/medium coverage and skincare benefits that last the day. Visit my full review for swatches of all four shades and additional details!
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Correcting Cream Veil (also available at CdPB): Equal parts primer and SPF, a pea-sized amount of this stunning cream instantly smooths pores and fine lines, creating a more resilient, even-toned canvas (skin like porcelain!) for the make up that follows. I find that my foundation oxidizes less, lasts longer and looks fresher when preceded by this formula and I love the additional SPF 21 protection for unexpected moments in the sun.
- *May Lindstrom The Jasmine Garden Mist: Excellent to refresh skin at the start of the day and revive skin in the afternoon, this fragrant pick-me-up offers an instant sensory experience with every spritz.
- By Terry Baume de Rose Nutri-Coleur Mauve Moon (reviewed HERE): The formula you love in a resplendent pinky purple, this lightly-tinted balm offers just enough color to brighten up the face. Always within an arm’s reach!
- *Kate Somerville Goat Milk De-Puffing Eye Balm (reviewed HERE): I still cannot get over how instantly revitalized my eyes feel after a single application of this gel stick. The light formula hydrates, brightens and is perfectly purse friendly. So good.
In the images that follow, I am drenched in the above skin and hair care and am wearing the:
- *Decorte Soft Creme Foundation #303 (reviewed HERE): Buffed on with a damp Beauty Blender, this plush formula offers beautiful medium coverage
- Natasha Denona 5 Palette #04 (reviewed HERE): Warm tones abound in this
- Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro #507 (reviewed HERE): This rosy shade has a thin, hydrating texture and a lovely pearly finish that lasts like a stain.
- James Perse Slub V Neck in Lucite Pigment: I have no less than 8 of these T shirts…super soft and durable with one of the most perfectly cut “Vs” on the market, James Perse makes a modern classic.