|Above: Sephora, Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom…just a bit of retail therapy at my favorite retailers.|
Happy weekend to you! I just determined (during some rare, end-of-the-work-week quality time on the Internet) that the post-Halloween, pre-holiday season SALES have officially arrived! A perusal of my favorite retailers yielded quite a wish list.
1. NORDSTROM: The 40% off sale (running now through November 11th), touted to be “like the Half-Yearly but better” has a plethora of marked down merchandise that can be worn this minute. Here are my choices…
- A.L.C. Tiger Print Genuine Calf Hair and Merino Wool Sweater: This creation is endlessly charming and I know it will be a key component in my wardrobe for years to come.
- Elizabeth and James Carine Woven Shirt: Baby blue to brighten up the cooler months and classically tailored to be worn for years.
- Elizabeth and James Riely Flared Skirt: I get so much mileage out of my black flared skirt…it’s essentially a little black dress with even more versatility since your top (blouse, tee shirt, tank or sweater!) can be changed out for the occasion.
- Rag and Bone Noelle Bootie (reviewed HERE and HERE): I cannot believe these are now on sale. I absolutely adore mine and happily paid more for what I consider to be an extremely well made, immensely flattering, endlessly comfortable and fairly unique pair of booties. I wear mine a few times a week and the love affair has not even the slightest bit cooled…get these.
- Rag and Bone the Skinny Stretch Jeans in Coal: I have a few pairs of Rag and Bone jeans in this cut and love how well they flatter one’s legs and booty…slimming but not painted on, these are destined to be denim icons and the black wash enables a paradoxical sense of laid back dressiness.
- Kork-Ease Natalya Demi Wedge Boot (reviewed HERE): I have already sung the praises of these ridiculously comfortable booties…I own them in both the black and tan shades and wear them constantly, much to the neglect of some of my more high-maintenace booties. In light of their look, quality and comfort, I cannot for the life of me figure out why they are so affordable. Glad to see that they are still in stock!
- MASCARA!: Now through Saturday, it’s a “buy two, get one free” promotion…I personally love the Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill (reviewed HERE), Clé de Peau Beauté Perfect Lash (reviewed HERE), the Lancome Grandiose (reviewed HERE), the Guerlain Le 2 de Guerlain (reviewed HERE)
2. NEIMAN MARCUS: Select items are 30% off and they go back to full price after Saturday 11/8 so indulge in Helmut Lang and Equipment while it still can be fiscally justifiable! My eye is on the…
- DL 1961 Skinny Jeans: These have a marvelous sense of stretch but fit like a glove…no dreaded stretching out over the course of wear (I HATE that!) and this dark wash can be dressed up or down, making them extremly versatile. They fit true to size in my experience!
- Equipment Aubrey Silk Animal-Print Dress: It is no secret that I cannot get enough Equipment and this dress in an edgy (yet classic) print is beyond apropos for the holiday season. Oh, and this has POCKETS! I find that the Equipment dresses tend to run big so you may want to consider going down a size.
- Helmut Lang Morse Leather Neck Crepe Top: A high-neck black blouse should be a mandatory part of every classic minimalist’s wardrobe. It is the quintessential background for a statement necklace and the leather accent is so chic for streamlined, jewelry-free moments. Love.
- Equipment Reese Long-Sleeved Plaid Blouse: I already have this in a different color combination and adore the plaid pattern for the cooler months. Preppy and progressive.
- Helmut Lang Sonar Wool Cropped Jacket: Classic black, wool blend, timeless cut and leather trim…this jacket is an absurd steal!
3. SEPHORA: The 20% sale for VIB and VIB Rouge members (running now through Monday, November 10th) is too good for eligible shoppers to pass up. Some of my recommendations for this promotion include…
- Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation Illuminator (reviewed HERE): Quite possibly, one of the best liquid highlighters I’ve encountered to date.
- NARS Audacious Lipstick (reviewed HERE): A spectrum of shades boasting a full coverage, ultra-hydrating formula, this is a lipstick lovers dream come true. A few of my favorite shades include Raquel (nude perfection…reviewed HERE) and Claudia (a perfectly wearable bright pink).
- Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Lift Foundation (swatches of every shade + full review HERE): Skincare benefits, medium coverage and a skin-like finish make this new foundation formula a brilliant option…it has fast found its way into my foundation rotation.
- Tom Ford Velvet Orchid: I am on my second sample of this fragrant elixir and am on the cusp of splurging on a proper bottle of my own. It is simultaneously sensual, sophisticated, chic and fresh (expertly capturing the sweet, musky, creamy floral goodness to which I gravitate) and I cannot stop smelling my wrist every single time I wear it.
- SK-II Pitera Essence Set Red Flower (review HERE): This excellent foray into the venerable SK-II skincare line is a killer deal…the fact that it currently comes in gorgeous, limited-edition floral packaging is a beauty bonus, indeed. The Facial Treatment Essence has become a key component in my skincare routine and my insatiable SK-II obsession all began with this initial trial set. Glowing skin is just around the corner…
|Above: This picture, from the NudeStix Instagram account, sent me over the edge for Sexie and Bare (on top row from left to right)…they both look so pigmented and perfect for fall and winter.|