|Above: The Beauty Professor Holiday Gift Guide is here!|
With only four days until Hanukkah and twelve before Christmas, I am beyond thrilled to present my Holiday Gift Guide! With curated gift suggestions in every category known to man, this image-laden post is sure to offer you a host of inspiration for the skincare and beauty lovers in your life…oh, and you just may see a product (or 10!) to add to your own wishlist.
|Above: Gift ideas worthy of a teenage dream.|
- Amazon Burning by Victoria Griffith: This young adult mystery novel has it all…a mystery inspired plot line, an exotic locale, a riveting journalism angle and, dare I say, a bit of tasteful romance.
- Hair Ties by MaddyLoo: Glittery and gorgeous, these hair-friendly elastics come in their own clear ornament for festive fun.
- Formula X Nail Polish in Standout: Perhaps the most perfect nude, this baby pink beige makes nails look clean, groomed and polished.
- Napoleon Perdis Megamix Lip Gloss Collection: With 10 glosses–from the sheerest beige to the richest red–nestled in their very own LE zipper pouch, this collection is sure to enchant.
- Lavanila Fragrance Rollerballs in Vanilla Lavender and Vanilla Blackberry: Soft, subtle scent with a base of vanilla and portable packaging make these a sophisticated choice for a first foray into fragrance.
- Bath and Body Works A Thousand Wishes Crystal Confetti Spray: Fresh, fruity, musky and shimmery, this glowing body spray offers just the right gleam for the holiday celebrations ahead.
- Pixi Beauty Ultimate Beauty Kit 2nd Edition: With an impressive 52 shades of finely milled eyeshadow and cheek color in age-appropriate, wearable shades, this tri-fold palette yields endless look options.
- NudeStix Lip and Cheek Pencil in Whisper: Created by two teenage girls who embrace minimalist beauty, the NudeStix line has a wonderful range for beauty beginners. The soft, nude pink flush of Whisper is excellent for lips and cheeks alike!
- TopShop Lips Lipstick in Whimsical (reviewed HERE): A light, creamy coral lipstick with just the right amount of pigmentation, Whimsical adds a touch of glamour without being over the top.
- Dauphines of New York Headband: Like jewelry for the hair, this iridescent rhinestone and chain headband has an adjustable elastic back for a seamless fit, fit for a princess.
|Above: The beauty that is the Napoleon Perdis Megamix Lipgloss Collection.|
|Above: A spectrum of shades for all coloring and tastes.|
|Above: Swatches of all 10 shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: A closeup of the delicious Lavanila fragrances.|
|Above: MaddyLoo glitter hair ties are stylish AND useful.|
|Above: With sweet, fruity fragrance and gorgeous, shimmering finish, this is sure to bring holiday cheer to every moment.|
|Above: The impressive PIXI by Petra kit…endless options in a streamlined tri-fold.|
|Above: Dauphines of New York crystal headband…it’s like jewelry for the hair.|
CATEGORY 2: Options for the hair enthusiast…for healthy, flowing locks that are strong and manageable, here are a range of options at every price point.
|Above: Haircare options.|
- Oribe Gold Lust Shampoo and Conditioner (reviewed HERE): Marvelous for all hairtypes, this ultra-nourishing formula makes locks smooth and silky in a single washing.
- EVO Day of Grace Leave-in-Conditioner: For times when in-shower conditioning is not an option, this lush spray-in version is divine. Brushed into wet hair, and tangled locks become a thing of the past.
- Suave Natural Infusion Moisturizing Light Oil Spray (reviewed HERE): I love this gleaming formula for shiny hair in a single spritz…the light oil doesn’t weigh hair down and it smells magnificent.
- Tangle Teezer Compact and Aqua Splash versions (reviewed HERE): With its ability to painlessly rid even the most snarled hair of tangles, these plastic brushes are genius. The compact is great for everyday use and the Aqua version makes brushing in (or just out of) the shower a breeze.
- Alterna Caviar CC Cream 10-in-1 Complete Correction (reviewed HERE): This leave-in mask conditions hair on contact, making it appear fuller, fluffier and more youthful in a single pump. This goes with me on every. single. trip.
- Christophe Robin Nourishing Balm: This 99% natural balm (from France) eliminates frizz, dryness and split end but also is pure enough to be used on parched lips, hands, cuticles and feet…magnifique!
|Above: Christophe Robin Nourishing Balm…so utilitarian.|
CATEGORY 3: Skincare for all skin types…tried and true, here is an array of my favorite skincare for the year. Potent ingredients and a friendliness to sensitive skin make these choices unadulterated standouts for me.
|Above: Skincare for every skin type.|
- Radical Skincare Instant Revitalizing Mask (reviewed HERE): This oxygen-infused formula is a sensory experience for the skin, erstwhile leaving it extra smooth and glowing.
- Tatcha Ritual Discovery Set: An excellent trial set for the full Tatcha experience, this lovely box contains some of this exquisite line’s best sellers.
- LiftLab Lift + Perfect: Fast becoming a multi-tasking favorite, this one step serum contains powerful ingredients to fight signs of aging and crate ultra clear skin. Loving this.
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (reviewed HERE and HERE): A classic formula that increases skin clarity with regular use, don’t let its light, watery texture fool you. There is a reason this has been a best seller in the line for over 30 years.
- RoC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream (reviewed HERE): A potent concentration of retinol makes this night cream a very reasonable procurement.
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift Cream (reviewed HERE): My favorite eye cream to date, the tinest dab moisturizes, lifts, tightens and brightens the delicate eye area. For even more La Prairie indulgence, I recommend the Classic Caviar set for a full face experience.
- Nude Skincare Detox Fizzy Powder Wash (reviewed HERE): I adore this soft, fragrant, foaming scrub for its ability to smooth skin in seconds.
- Omorovicza Blue Diamond Resurfacing Peel (reviewed HERE): This may be a luxe splurge, but its immediate benefits to the skin cannot be disputed; the plush formula works to gently increase cell turn over for an uprecedented glow in 20 minutes…perennially in my arsenal.
- La Prairie Ice Crystal Oil (reviewed HERE): Rare ingredients make this nourishing dry oil a welcome addition to any skincare routine.
- Natural Bisse Diamond White Instant Makeup Remover: Especially powerful for lips and eyes, this lush cleanser wipes of the most stalwart makeup in a single step.
- Koh Gen Do Spa Water Cleansing Cloths (reviewed HERE): I adore the Spa Water formula (have used it for 3 years nonstop) and these cloths make it endlessly portable. Always in my bga.
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge (reviewed HERE): Another non-negotiable in my routine, I have written about this dozens of times…an anti-aging moisturizer, primer, SPF, illuminator and tint in one tube, both my mom and I never go a day without it.
- Sisley Black Rose Oil (reviewed HERE): Infused with an intoxicating rose scent, this light oil hydrates upon contact…truly decadent.
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream (reviewed HERE): This cream has a cult following and a single experience with the plush, radiant formula will have you knowing why its release earlier this year was hotly anticipated.
- By Terry Densiliss Primer (reviewed HERE): For skin that looks like porcelain, this luxe primer is a must…my mom and I use it daily.
|Above: Skin saviors for specific skin issues.|
CATEGORY 4: Skin soothing saviors…specialized skin care to suit a spectrum of needs.
- Belli All Day Moisture Body Lotion: Uber gentle ingredients make this hydrating formula suitable for even the most sensitive of skin.
- Kate Somerville Eczema Therapy Cream (reviewed HERE): I have already finished my first tube of this unscented wonder…so good for skin that needs a wash of moisture.
- Hydraluron (reviewed HERE): Infused with the highest concentration of hyaluronic acid on the market, this cushiony salve can be used on the face and lips for instant hydration.
- Colleen Rothschild Sheer Renewal Cream: For a glowing visage in moments, this light refining lotion encourages gentle cell turnover for results that are more than skin deep.
- Biotin Bursts: They may taste like candy, but the impressive amount of biotin infused into each chew will have your hair, skin and nails thanking you for indulging.
|Above: Favorite foundations for the foundation-phile…is that YOU?|
CATEGORY 5: Foundations for the foundation-phile in all of us…there is no shortage of foundation reviews on Beauty Professor and, whenever possible, a full range of swatches are posted to help readers find their ideal match. Here are some of the best formulas in my massive rotation…
- Shu Uemura The Light Bulb Oleo-Pact Cream Foundation…reviewed HERE
- Burberry BB Fresh Glow Cream: Sheer but buildable, I’ll be featuring a FOTD with this gem soon.
- Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Lift Foundation…reviewed HERE
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer and Foundation…reviewed HERE
- Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation…reviewed HERE
- Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Fluid Foundation…reviewed HERE
- Sensai Cellular Performance Cream Foundation…reviewed HERE and HERE
- Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation…reviewed HERE
- Gucci Face Foundation…reviewed HERE
- Kate Somerville IllumiKate CC Cream…reviewed HERE
|Above: Gadgets to effectively streamline your beauty routine.|
CATEGORY 6: Beauty Gadgetry…science meets innovation…some of the most clever and progressive releases for tech and design buffs.
- Personal Microderm (discussed HERE): Sanding disks, gentle enough for personal use bring this classic spa treatment to the comfort of your own home.
- Mirenesse Pebble Sonic (reviewed HERE): A permanent fixture in my shower, the silicon tips vibrate to remove every trace of dirt and makeup without stripping the skin.
- Beauty Blender Micro Mini: Diminutive egg-shaped sponges for the tiny contours of the face…absolutely perfect for concealer.
- Surratt Beauty Relevee Eyelash Curler (reviewed HERE): The perfect marriage of form and function, this dramatically curls lashes with minimal pressure.
- NuFace Mini (reviewed HERE): Micro currents stimulate skin to increase collagen production and lift and tighten the contours of the face…an at-home spa treatment with serious results.
- Cenoire Eluo Toothbrush: Cheerful design + travel packaging make this electronic toothbrush a welcome addition to any routine.
|Above: I cannot get over how adorable this mini Beauty Blender is.|
|Above: Skincare and electronics for the guy in your life.|
- Bose QC25 Headphones…for those that travel, these noise cancelling wonders magically shut out the rest of the world.
- Tom Ford Lip Balm…I’ve bought him four tubes. Enough said.
- Kiehl’s Razor Bump Relief
- Kiehl’s First Class Purifying Hand Treatment, In-Flight Refreshing Facial Mist and Eucalyptus Lip Balm Travel Set
- Tom Ford Oil Free Daily Moisturizer
- Tom Ford Skin Revitalizing Concentrate
|Above: Three fragrances for those with eclectic taste.|
CATEGORY 8: Fragrance for those with eclectic taste…sometime a unique scent makes all the difference.
- Byredo Gypsy Water (reviewed HERE): Fresh, light and sweet, this classic has a hard-to-place quality that delivers levity and wanderlust on the spot.
- Ramon Monegal Cuirelle (reviewed HERE): This leather-inspired scent is dark, mysterious and sophisticated…perfect for the cooler months.
- Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (reviewed HERE): I just finished my bottle of this intoxicating elixir…the vanilla tempers the deeper tobacco elements, making this suitable for daily wear.
|Above: Lip color options galore.|
CATEGORY 9: Lavish a loved one with lip color…die hard makeup devotees will never turn down another bullet of lipstick.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Lipstick…reviewed HERE
- Girlacktic Gloss in Babydoll…reviewed HERE
- Air Repair Skincare Moisture Quench…reviewed HERE
- Surratt Beauty Lip Lustre (pictured in Charmant)…reviewed HERE and HERE
- Lipstick Queen Silver Screen Lipstick (pictured in Stella! and Made It)…reviewed HERE and HERE
- Lipstick Queen Red Carpet Collection…swatched and pictured below
- By Terry Velvet Rouge in Lady Bare…reviewed HERE
- Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bare Baby…reviewed HERE
- Tom Ford Lip Color in Nude Vanille…reviewed HERE
- Surratt Beauty Lipslique (pictured in Eglantine)…reviewed HERE and HERE
- Gucci Lipstick in Whisper…reviewed HERE
- Guerlian Kiss Kiss in Golden Girl…reviewed HERE
- Tom Ford Lips & Boys in Luca…Flynn reviewed HERE
|Above: Applying By Terry Velvet Rouge Lady Bare, a quintessential nude shade.|
|Above: The Lipstick Queen Red Carpet Collection…proves there is a red for every occasion.|
|Above: Swatches of the Lipstick Queen Red Carpet Collection.|
CATEGORY 10: Luxe cosmetics options for the beauty lover who already seems to have everything…I cannot imagine my makeup collection without these luminaries.
- Burberry Complete Eye Palette…reviewed HERE
- Clé de Peau Beauté LE Makeup Coffret…reviewed HERE…similar version HERE
- Surratt Beauty Large Customizable Compact…reviewed HERE
- Burberry Earthy Blush…reviewed HERE
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush in First Love…reviewed HERE
- By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Blush in Platonic Blonde…reviewed HERE
- Chantecaille Le Chrome Luxe Eye Duos...pictured below
- Chantecaille Liquid Lumiere Anti-Aging Cheek llluminator in Lust…reviewed HERE
- Serge Lutens Quant-A-Soi Makeup Base…reviewed HERE
- By Terry Eyebrow Mascara in #4 Dark Brown…reviewed HERE
- Hourglass Panoramic Lip Pencil in Eden…reviewed HERE
- Surratt Beauty Autographique Eyeliner…reviewed HERE
- By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Concealer…reviewed HERE and HERE
- Napoleon Perdis Greatest Hits Cheek Palette…reviewed HERE and swatched below
- Chantecaille Le Camouflage Stylo…reviewed HERE
- Jouer Cream Eyeshadow in Chiffon…reviewed HERE
- Le Metier de Beaute True Color Eyeshadow in Alexandrite…reviewed HERE
- Gorgeous Cosmetics Prism Powder in Summer…reviewed HERE
- Lancome Grandiose Mascara…reviewed HERE and HERE
|Above: Chantecaille Luxe Eye Duos swatched in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Napoleon Perdis Greatest Hits Blush Palette, swatched in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Highlighters and powders and brushes…oh my.|
- Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick in Sandstone…reviewed HERE
- Surratt Beauty Diaphane Loose Powder Compact…reviewed HERE
- By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Powder Compact…reviewed HERE
- Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Powder Foundation…reviewed HERE
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Palette…reviewed HERE
- Edward Bess Quad Royale South of France…reviewed HERE
- Jenny Patinkin Travel Brush Set…reviewed HERE
- Burberry Beauty Sheer Lumionus Compact Foundation Powder…reviewed HERE
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge Powder…reviewed HERE
|Above: Jenny Patinkin Travel Brush Set…resplendent in rose gold and white.|
|Above: Sumptuous final touches.|
- Geluxury Slippers…lined with a botanical-enriched gel, these chic slippers smooth and nourish dry, cracked heels with 20 minutes of wear. A briliant idea!
- Mia Bling String…this whisper fine, super luminous tinsel fastens to tiny barettes for invisible attachment and a sparkling gleam that is festive for all ages. A perfect addition to any new year’s celebration, too.
- Mia Tony Pony Metal Hair Ring…this golden accessory has both an elastic band and metal outer ring for a secure, minimalist ponytail.
- Le Metier de Beaute Kaleidoscope in Cheeky Chic…with four layers of cheek enhancing shades, this beauty gem is all sorts of pretty. I love using the nude shade for gentle sculpting, the pink or peach shade on the apples of my cheeks for a tender flush and the highlighting shade on the high points of my face. Full review soon!
- Jouer French Kiss Lip Gloss Trio…three shades of delicate nude and pink lip gloss, nestled in a golden pouch makes for a tres chic suprise.
|Above: The gel lining is incredibly smooth and cushiony feeling…a welcome respite for the feet.|
|Above: Geluxury slippers to the rescue!|
|Above: Le Metier de Beaute in Cheeky Chic features a soft nude powder, a pale pink blush, a tender peach hue and a golden beige highligting shade for quintessentially pretty cheeks.|
|Above: The Jouer Cosmetics French Kiss Lip Trio…delicately gorgeous, no?|
Bottom Line: I hope this gift guide serves as inspiration for thoughtful, personalized, last minute presents for both others and, dare I say it, yourself ; )
I am looking forward to continuing to respond to your lovely emails and comments in the coming days…my work schedule, thankfully, is slated to slow down a touch, even in this busy season.
Have a beautiful weekend…xx,
–The Beauty Professor
provided for review (the rest purchased by me), however, as always,
all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos
without author’s written permission.