|Above: A glimpse of the Kenneth Cole Faux Fur Jacket…I cannot wait for the weather to get cool enough for me to wear this!|
Friday, July 18, 2014
The Beauty Professor
After posting about the early access (for account holders) to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale last week, I received many requests to show images of some of the items I purchased. Since today marks the open access of the sale to everyone (even if you don’t have a Nordstrom card), I thought I would re-share my shopping list as well as provide you with images of some of my favorite procurements. Trust me when I say that taking the pictures of the coats was a labor of love in light of the fact that it is definitely not quite “coat weather” here in Southern CA!
Kindly scroll on for my list and select images of the items I purchased…
CLOTHING…all options HERE
1. Equipment ‘Margaux’ Pinstripe Cotton Shirt…I haven’t tried a cotton button down from Equipment yet, but now I shall because this classic basic is a steal.
2. Equipment ‘Reese’ Print Silk Shirt (images below)…my collection of Equipment silk shirts is heavily relied upon in my daily wardrobe. Can’t wait to integrate this very wearable plaid version, which is a gorgeous mix of black, blue and purple, into the mix. My shorts in the subsequent images are from Top Shop and were recently purchased at Nordstrom as well!
3. Helen Berman Wool Blend Cape (images below)…I have always wanted a cape and the time has come to make that dream a reality. I purchased the black version…it is lightweight, the material is high-quality and the fit (XS) is amazing. Love this!
4. Kenneth Cole Faux Fur Jacket…the neutral cream color and swingy shape of this coat was calling my name and I answered ; ) This was difficult to track down in-store so if you find it online and like it, I suggest acting on the purchase. It is true to size (I bought a small), super soft, very comfortable and endlessly warm…like a very chic and attractive blanket!
SHOES…full selection HERE
1. Joe’s ‘Abby’ Cutout Leather Bootie (images below)…it is rare to see a unique spin on a bootie these days. I am loving the cut out…unique, yet totally wearable. I have already worn these a few times (with shorts, no less!) and have been stopped by different people inquiring who makes them and where they can get them…one girl even took a picture! They are comfortable, easy to get on and off, fit true to size (I got a 7) and I know they’ll be a staple in my fall work wardrobe.
2. Frye ‘Anna — Shortie’ Leather Boot…I usually get one pair of Frye’s at the sale each year. This beautiful brownish pair is my choice this time around!
Now, onto the BEAUTY…you can view the full array of Nordstrom Beauty Exclusives HERE
The products I am strongly considering include…
1. Charlotte Tilbury ‘Filmstar Killer Cheekbones’ Set…this would be my first Charlotte Tilbury product and am so excited, especially since I do some form of contouring everyday. It arrived yesterday, just in time for me to take preliminary images…the packaging is endlessly luxe and I am impressed with how soft the brush is. The powders themselves are pigmented and ultra finely-milled. Can’t wait to do a full blog post feature on this soon…in the meanwhile, my first impressions confirm that this one is a GEM!
2. Baby Quasar PLUS Light Therapy Device (Nordstrom Exclusive)…to be fair, I actually already own this, but I am thinking of buying one as a gift for a family member and this markdown makes it a sweet deal.
3. Burberry Beauty ‘Effortless Beauty’ Set…totally intrigued by this lovely collection.
4. AMOREPACIFIC ‘Time Response’ Collection…I’ve wanted to try the full size of these products for months and this sale seems to be the perfect time to invest.
5. MAC ‘Look in a Box — All About Nude’ Set…can’t say no to a finely-edited nude set!
6. NARS Cheek Palette…I am not usually one for palettes, but this one is so versatile…bronzing, highlighting and blush options a-plenty.
7. NARS ‘Dolce Vita’ Lip & Nail Set…I have loved the ‘Dolce Vita’ shade for years and am always attracted to it again in the fall…will get this for myself or perhaps as a gift for a friend.
–Shop the Post–
Bottom Line: I adore getting a deal on new fall merchandise and there is no better way to indulge in this luxury than with the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I hope this overview, and my newly added personal images are useful for you as you peruse the offerings of this event. What is catching YOUR eye?
xoxo and more soon…including a comprehensive review of the glorious La Prairie Skin Caviar Foundation!
–The Beauty Professor
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.
I like all your hauls and those booties are really unique! My Charlotte Tilbury palette came today, I'm also excited to try this brand.
Thanks, Kath!! The booties are fast becoming a favorite ; ) How do you like the Charlotte Tilbury palette? I wore it for the first time last night to the fair and was truly impressed on every level!
xoxo and have a beautiful weekend,
–The Beauty Professor
Ohhh, I'm jealous! You got yourself some really great stuff!
Thanks, girl! I always make sure to save up for this sale as I end up buying clothes and makeup that I can use for the entire year!
I hope your weekend is off to a wonderful start…xx,
–The Beauty Professor
I am strongly considering those boots, the fur jacket and the baby quasar you posted. I was trying to find if you ever reviewed the Baby Quasar but I don't see it anywhere. Is that a tool you find effective? Now that you have tried these items on for a week now do you feel about them? Are the boots are comfortable? One of the reviewers complained the cut out cut into their foot. And are you loving the size small on the fur jacket or did you consider exchanging for an xs? I am a size 2 or 0 depending on brand but I am a bit tall so I usually get a small. It looks like it might run a little big in the picture. I would really love to know if the baby quasar is a must have. I hope you are enjoying summer break as much as I am! It's so great not having to wake up early and throw the kids in the car for school. xo
I hope your week is going well! In response to your questions, I have a few posts that discuss my experience with the Quasar over time (just type "quasar" into the search bar for a list of results). I do really like it as a long standing part of my skincare routine and, with regular use, my skin has become smoother, brighter and healthier looking! Consistency, however, is key, when it comes to seeing results. I still adore the J Brand boots…the cutout hasn't been an issue for me…I wore them all day last week and they were just fine. I know they will be a work staple for me in the fall. Also, the size S in the fur jacket is perfect for me; I like a little bit of "swing" in my coats and the S gives me that. I, too, wear a 0 or a 2 but am personally happy with the S!
I hope that helps and yes, my summer has been incredible thus far…the down time at home was much needed! I am so glad that you are having a lovely summer as well…sleeping in is the best ; )
xoxo and talk soon,
–The Beauty Professor