|My transitional beauty and skincare selects.|
- *Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Cleanser: As I type this, I have used the last drop of this gentle yet effective cleanser (rarely happens when I test so much here at BP HQ) and am reminding myself to put my backup tube in my shower. It exfoliates without disrupting the natural barrier of the skin while removing every last trace of dirt and makeup.
- *Kate Somerville ExfoliKate: For moments when I want to enhance exfoliation, this cult-classic takes care of business in the most consistent fashion. I use it once or twice a week in the shower to smooth my canvas without irritation; my skin is fresh, rosy and glowier with every session.
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Serum Crystal Elixir: I just started my second bottle of this Vitamin C-rich which works well in warm and cool weather alike; the brightening effect is palpable and I sometimes use it alone on no-makeup days for a healthy radiance.
- *Guerlain Abeille Royal Anti-Aging Youth Watery Oil: For a lightweight cloak of moisture with impressive anti-aging benefits, this hybrid Guerlain formula, which is equal parts serum, oil and toner, cannot be beat!
- *Kate Somerville SPF 50 UncompliKated SPF Soft Focus Makeup Setting Spray: This potent SPF doubles as skin perfecting setting spray for a filtered result that looks exceptionally smooth…it’s optimum seasonal transition SPF.
- *Sisley-Paris Self Tanning Hydrating Facial Skin Care: Even though I’ll likely be in the sun less in the fall, I still love a sun-kissed glow and this luxurious cream is the best for a true brown tan tone that I have ever tried. Sometimes, I can just apply this (in my experience, let it develop overnight for best results), skip foundation and add a dash of cream blush and be good to go.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Enhancing Eye Contour Cream Supreme: Still my eye cream of choice, this nourishing formula works well both day and night (rare with an eye cream, in my opinion) and the way it smooths and plumps fine lines around the orbital area make it a favorite for both my mom and me.
- *Sisley-Paris Velvet Sleeping Mask: I love the way this mask works overnight to hydrate skin while “resetting” its response system. When I’m extremely tired and searching for a minimalist skincare option before bed, a singular and ample dose of this mask is the answer…it positively revitalizes.
- *BYREDO Eleventh Hour: Fragrance during seasonal transitions can prove challenging as finding a juice that harmonizes duality of both seasons is rare. For me, BYREDO Eleventh Hour–which is rife with notes of bergamot, rum, cashmere, fig and Tonka beans–blends the sultry mood of summer with the sensual coolness of a fall evening. In sum, it’s the best of both worlds and wholly recommended!
|BYREDO Eleventh Hour|
- *La Prairie Skin Caviar Perfect Concealer Shade 5: I am very pleased with this opulent new concealer release from La Prairie. Infused with caviar-powered skincare, this lightweight, high coverage formula banishes under eye darkness while looking almost invisible…a little goes a very long way and its ability to resist creasing–even in humidity–is commendable.
- *BY TERRY Eclat Opulent Warm Radiance 100: This melange of skincare and lush pigments form the most flattering veil of perfection on one’s skin. It’s as if one’s canvas has been transformed to velvet and the effect lasts the entire day. I am completely smitten with this formula (as is its creator, Terry De Gunzberg) and envision myself wearing shade #100 well into the heart of winter as the warm neutral hue is self adjusting.
- Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Bronzing Cream: I missed the initial release of this creamy tan concoction when it first launched nearly two years ago. After search high and low, I am thrilled to see that Nordstrom has been restocked with this modern classic, which I’m told is subtly reformulated and now a part of the permanent collection (though, if you’re serious about it, I would purchase before it sells out again). This ultra-natural looking cream is buildable without revealing the slightest hint of texture; it makes skin look like it’s been blessed by the sun in the most chic way possible and I love applying it with a beauty sponge for a warm and diffused take on traditional contouring.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Cream Blush #4 Perfect Peach: Just a touch on the apples of one cheeks does wonders to light up the face with a natural flush that looks impeccably pretty on everyone. Blushes may come and go with the season but this one–which blends pink, peach and nude beige–is always within an arm’s reach. Try it and you’ll wonder what you ever did without it.
- Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Light Wand: I am on #3 of this gel-meets-cream formula, which looks utterly ethereal on the high points of one’ face. The pearly champagne tone is universally flattering and I love using my ring finger to gently blend it into my upper cheeks, center of forehead, down the bridge of my nose, Cupid’s bow and center of the chin. Never glittery or disco ball-esque, it’s highlighter for grownups!
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Infinity Powder: I finished the complexion with a sweep of this clever new formula, which blends the two shades of the light diffusing Hourglass Ambient powders with a dash of the luminous Hourglass Strobe powder for an even, poreless, matte canvas that still channels plenty of natural glow. It’s the multitasking product you never knew you needed.
- *Chantecaille Le Chrome Luxe Eye Duo in Kenya: I swept on this deep incandescent burgundy all over my upper lids and used a small brush to blend it along my lower lash line for continuity. I then used the cool gray-meets-lavender as a transition color up to my brown bone. This duo simultaneously embodies the smolder of summer and changing leaves of autumn. So good.
- Guerlain Mad Eyes Felt Waterproof Eyeliner: A waterproof liquid liner is a liner for all seasons in my book–especially since I wear contacts and battle allergies for most of the year. The intense black formula glides on with precision and ease while yielding an indelible line that doesn’t budge…it’s technically a “fall” launch that you will find yourself using plenty of during the remainder of summer.
- Hourglass Unlocked Mascara: I ordered this on a whim and am so glad that I did! I am already an ardent fan of the Caution Extreme Mascara due to its ability to create massive length and enviable volume and the only difference, in my experience is that the new Unlocked is tubing, which means much easier removal and zero possibility of smudging. If you like tubing mascaras but year for the volume and length provided by traditional mascara formulas, you will find great success with Unlocked.
- Jouer Pink Champagne Lip Liner: I recently rediscovered this retractable lip liner in my stash and forgot how much I enjoyed wearing it. The pinky nude shade is the only shimmering lip liner in my repertoire and the creamy pigmentation lasts all day without flaking or migrating. Lately, I’ve been wearing it–with great delight–with absolutely everything.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Lip Gloss in Rose Quartz: I love the plush and moisturizing nature of this gorgeous gloss. It’s clear with a tender sparkle that works just as well as a hydrating base for lip color to come as it does as a dose of reflective shine atop lipstick.
- Tom Ford Lipstick in Spanish Pink: Over the years of beauty writing, I have both purchased and received a lot of Tom Ford lipsticks, oft considered the gold standard in the luxury lip color vertical. The shade that I have repurchased time and again in Spanish Pink. This peachy pink nude compliments a rich tan as effortlessly as it flatters fair skin…it can make a dark lipstick lighter and add a creamy depth to a very pale hue. It’s perfection and perennially in my purse.
- Kosas Lipstick in Rosewater: Neither too light nor too dark, this classic rose hue accentuates the natural flush of one’s lips without overpowering. It’s the quintessential “my lips but better” shade that performs beautifully on a spectrum of skin tones.
|Swatches of face products in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches of eyes and lips in direct sunlight.|
|A look at the innovative and new *La Prairie Skin Caviar Perfect Concealer Shade 5|
|A closeup of all five *Chantecaille Le Chrome Luxe Eye Duos|
The *Chantecaille Le Chrome Luxe Eye Duos feature a delicate pairing of coordinating eyeshadow tones that can be worn sheerly as a soft wash of color or built up to an intense smoky situation. The baked formula is silky smooth with lush color payoff and sophisticated luminosity that is radiant rather than glittery…my favorite duos include the peachy taupe Monte Carlo and rich burgundy Kenya (worn in the images at the end of this post).
|Swatches of the *Chantecaille Le Chrome Luxe Eye Duos in direct sunlight.|
|*Chantecaille Le Chrome Luxe Eye Duos|
|If she could, Joey would always have a lipstick in her hand…I can wholly relate.|
|Eye look via *Chantecaille Le Chrome Luxe Eye Duo in Kenya and Guerlain Mad Eyes Felt Waterproof Eyeliner|
- Equipment Signature Silk Shirt in True Black: I have three of these blouses in black as they are ultimate staples in my wardrobe. Invest in an array of Equipment shirts (pro tip: begin with black for the most versatility) and you’ll have years of effortless dressing in your future.
- Topshop Super Ripped Mom Shorts: I purchased these relaxed, high waisted shorts a month or two ago and am thrilled with their distressed style. The denim is lightweight yet durable and the price (currently on sale) cannot be beat for their quality!
- Steve Madden Issey Block Heel: This is the heel of summer as far as I am concerned! The minimalist lines and translucent block heel (which, by the way, equate to a very comfortable experience) work on everyone and with every outfit from skirts to shorts to jeans. They’re the kind of heel that you’ll reach for again and again and if clear is not your style, rest assured they come in a myriad of other shades.
|A close up of the Steve Madden Issey Block Heel in clear…these shoes match positively everything, no?|
|The subtle, lit-from-within look of the Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Light Wand on the high points of the face.|
|Applying Kosas Lipstick in Rosewater|
- Frame Le Original Jeans
- RIKI Skinny Lighted Mini Vanity Mirror
- Madewell Classic Ex-Boyfriend Shirt
- Faherty Bellamy Linen Cardigan
- Mother The Insider Two Step Fray Jeans
- Rag & Bone Maya High Waist Ankle Jeans
- Zella high waist live-in leggings
- True Body Bralette
- Superga Platform Sneaker
- Topshop Double Breasted Blazer
- Cozy Jogger Sweatpants
- Delicate bangle
- Spanx Faux Leather leggings
- Sociallite Double V Long Sleeve Knit Dress
- UGG Cozette Genuine Shearling Slide
- Tom Ford Black Orchid and Ombre Leather Travel Set
- NEUBROW Duo
- NEULASH Duo
- Tom Ford Lily Cat Eye Sunglasses
- NuBody Skin Toning Device Set
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lip Secrets Set
- Charlotte Tillbur Glowing, Gorgeous Eye Secrets Set
- PMD Clean Facial Cleansing Device
- Topshop Cable Sleeve Cardigan
- Paul Green Belted Biker Boot
- Tom Ford Eye Color Quad and Mini Lip Color Set
- Longchamp Le Pliage Cuir Leather Shoulder Bag
- Paul Green Dede Platform Sandal
- Topshop Long Sleeve Square Neck Bodysuit
- Eileen Fisher Tapered Ankle Pants
- Slip Silk Pillowcase Duo
- Necessaire Set
- Vince Wool and Cashmere V-Neck Sweater