|Above: Jethro and I in the Valentine’s Day spirit.
|Above: A bevy of Valentine’s Day gifts that don’t contain calories (hello chocolate), will not wither (here’s looking at you, grossly over-priced roses) and will not collect dust while nested idly in the corner (a not-so-veiled reference to stuffed bears and other red-themed tchotchkes).
- *Pixi by Petra Glow Mist: This elixir is infused with natural oils and bee propolis to add moisture before makeup, a glow after makeup and a refreshing pick-me-up at any point in the day. This has a permanent place in my work bag…absolutely love it!
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Killer Cheekbones Bronze and Glow (available at Net-a-Porter and Nordstrom and reviewed HERE): I still use this glorious compact weekly after procuring it in the summer…contouring and highlighting could not be easier. So worth it!
- Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream (available at Sephora, Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales and reviewed HERE and HERE): This nourishes hands and nails for the most luxurious nightstand treatment. My mom and I have adored this cult favorite for years.
- *SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (available at Neiman Marcus, Sephora and Nordstrom and reviewed HERE): This has become a non-negotiable in my skincare routine over the past six month. I cannot say enough good things about its positive influence on my skin (also discussed HERE)…plus, it can be integrated into your existing skincare regimen.
- By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Concealer (available at Barney’s NY and Space.NK…all shades swatched HERE): Every reader and subscriber I have who has tried this magnificent concealer has been super pleased with this skincare-meets-great coverage wonder.
- *Radical Skincare Skin Perfecting Screen SPF 30 (available at Sephora and Barney’s NY and reviewed HERE): Physical sunscreen that leaves the face glowy and fresh with no flashback. It’s a must for the warmer months to come!
- *Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush in Earthy (reviewed HERE): This neutral taupy beige looks lovely on a spectrum of skintones…if it is in stock, I highly recommend snapping one up.
- *Napoleon Perdis Stroke of Genius Liquid Cashmere Foundation (available at Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom and swatched/reviewed HERE): I have been loving this foundation after rediscovering it…B2 is a perfect match for my NC 25 skin and it makes my skin like that of a porcelain doll. Divine.
- Jouer Luminizing Liquid Highlighter: This new release from Jouer is just splendid…the ingredients list is stellar and the liquid light encapuslated in the click pen is delicate and flattering.
- Koh Gen Do Spa Water Cloths (reviewed HERE): I am never without these gentle yet powerful cloths…they remove every trace of everything without stripping my skin.
|Above: A closeup of the stunning Jouer Luminizing Liquid Highlighter…swatch near the bracelets. This has a complex, gossamer finish that delivers gorgeous light to the face.
|Above: And to take it all off, the Koh Gen Do Spa Water Cloths…I will not be without these. Ever.
- *Balenciaga B. Fragrance (reviewed HERE): I am very fond of this sweet, clean and musky skin scent…my favorite from Balenciaga to date…and the overall vibe is perfect for spring.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Quad #301 Marmalade Sky (available at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and Barney’s NY and swatched/reviewed HERE): Subtle and pigmented, this quad brightens the eye effortlessly…truly, the CdPB eye shadow formula is unparalleled in my opinion!
- *Physician’s Formula Eye Boost Instant Lash Extensions Kit: I will be doing a closeup of this kit soon but my preliminary experience is an indisuputably positive one. The lash extensions really add volume and length that doesn’t flake off. Impressive.
- Surratt Beauty Autographique Liquid Liner (reviewed HERE): As liquid liners go, this is, without question, the best of the best. It has the most magnficent lasting power and always goes on dark and smooth. Brilliant.
- Kevyn Aucoin Eye Pigment Primatif Titian (available at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Space.NK): This new procurement for me is such a gem…Titian is a warm mahogany and this plush formula adds pigment and luster that lasts for hours on end.
- Victorinox Swiss Army Alliance Watch: My watch for years now, I never tire of its classic look…an investment that I am glad I embraced!
|Above: The beauty that is the Kevyn Aucoin Eye Pigment Primatif in Titian, a rich and warm mahogany.
|Above: A close up of the ultra-high performing Surratt Beauty Autographique liner…the best I’ve ever used.
|Above: The Physician’s Formula Eye Boost Instant Lash Extention Kit really gives the look of lash extensions in two coats…incredible!
|Above: Swatches of select eye products in natural outdoor lighting.
- Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind Sparkling Lipgloss in Pink Sequin and Snowflake (also reviewed HERE): These luscious glosses are lovely baby pinks to wear alone or over lip color…they have a smooth, long lasting texture and beautiful opacity. Adore them.
- Le Metier de Beaute Obsidian Odyssey Lip Kaleidoscope (reviewed HERE): For a never-ending litany of lip combination options, this kaleidoscope is a must…jelly pinks, reds and fuchsias work together to create a juicy, lush, flushed pout.
- Gucci Lip Gloss in Breathless (reviewed HERE): A pale pinky beige delight in an uber-luxe Gucci-embossed tube. This versatile shade is perennially in my purse.
- By Terry Baume de Rose Nutri Couleur in #01 Rosy Babe (available at Barney’s NY and Space.NK and reviewed HERE): This gloss in a nutshell…tender pink meets an extremely powerful lip conditioner for a decadent indulgence that will last for ages. Get it.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Flesh Tone Lip Pencil in Cerise: This is my first red lip liner and I am duly impressed; Cerise is a strawberry red that adds impact and structure for the boldest red lip imaginable.
- Kevyn Aucoin Expert Lip Color in Carliana: A vibrant, creamy red for a classic lip look that is both wearable and memorable.
|Above: Swatches of Snowflake (iridescent pale pink) and Pink Sequin (warm light pink) in outdoor lighting…I love the texture, opacity and lasting power of these glosses.
|Above: Kevyn Aucoin Cerise and Carliana for the quintessential red lip.
|Above: Cerise + Carliana on the lips (and the images that follow!).
The following images refelct a few key gift ideas in action, including:
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
- Napoleon Perdis A Stroke of Genius Foundation in B2
- Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow
- Burberry Earthy Blush
- Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Quad in Marmalade Sky
- Surratt Autographique Eye Liner
- Physician’s Formula Eye Boost Lash Extension Kit
- Kevyn Aucoin The Fleshtone Lip Pencil in Cerise
- Kevyn Aucoin The Expert Lip Color in Carliana
|Above: Last look.
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this Valentine’s Day-inspired post…anything catching your eye?
Good things ahead including a fresh video, new product procurements a-plenty a FOTD or two, a clothes haual and a skincare update. Can’t wait to share!
–The Beauty Professor