|Above: My summer foundation line up…light texture, SPF and a lasting finish embodied!|
Now that summer has arrived, many of us are transitioning to lighter foundation formulas that better withstand heat and offer SPF protection. Here are my recommendations for every price point, from drugstore to luxury.
(2) Ardency Inn Americana Custom Coverage Concentrate…concealer, foundation and tinted moisturizer in a single airtight bottle, this formula can be tailored to one’s skin needs, thereby epitomizing the concept of customization. Light-Medium Olive is a perfect match for my NC 25-27 skin. Available at Sephora and previously reviewed HERE.
(3) Jouer Luminzing Moisture Tint in Golden and Matte Moisture Tint in Nude…I love the weightless texture of these perfecting formulas…the luminizing version offers glowy, light coverage and the matte formula delivers medium coverage that looks healthy and natural. I prefer mixing the two for a quintessential skin finish and both Golden and Nude are excellent matches for NC 23-27 skin tones.
Fully reviewed HERE.
(4) Napoleon AutoPilot Beauty Boosting Balm Light/Medium…at first glance, this BB cream seems nearly invisible, but, upon application, it dramatically perfects the canvas, leading to even, glowy results. The SFP 30 is formidable sun protection and the lasting finish is great for long days outdoors. Available at Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus and previously reviewed HERE.
(5) Guerlain Terracotta Joli Tint Foundation in Natural…this buildable, long-lasting foundation with medium coverage offers a warm leaning that implies a light tan that looks incredibly natural. Shade Natural is perfect for NC 25-30 skin tones. Available at Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus.
(6) La Prairie Anti-Aging Hydra Tint SPF 20…luxe and weightless, this SPF 20, portable wonder yields a gorgeous, subtle tint (buildable to medium coverage) and delivers significant skincare benefits over the course of wear. Shade #2 is spot on for NC 25 skin tones…comprehensive review soon! Available at Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus.
(7) Omorovicza BB Complexion Perfector Medium…This BB formula offers stunning medium to medium-full, lasting coverage and a cushiony application that melds into the skin, effortlessly matching NC 23-30 skin tones. My skin always feels improved after a day of Omorovicza! Available at Neiman Marcus. Reviewed HERE and HERE
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Above: All shades appropriate for NC 23-30 skin tones.|
Bottom Line: Adjusting one’s foundation formula to be conducive to the season is often a process of trial and error…my goal was to offer you, my dear readers and subscribers, some marvelous starting points that have already been personally vetted for efficacy!
I truly hope you enjoyed this video and welcome your questions and comments…what are some of YOUR favorite foundation formulas for summer?
xx and much more soon!
–The Beauty Professor
**Some products mentioned were PR samples provided for review (the majority purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.