|What I packed for a week away.
What I Packed: Featuring Keyvn Aucoin Glass Glow and Sisley Blur Expert + the Travel Bag You NEED!
|Our balcony view at the Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego, CA.
|In my travel bag.
// SKINCARE ETC.//
Still my eye cream of choice, this cushiony and ultra hydrating formula absorbs on contact and works to banish fine lines while brightening and depuffing the orbital area.
*Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream (reviewed HERE)
I use two pumps day and night and my skin has never been better…as I’ve said before, believe the hype.
*La Prairie Platinum Rare Cellular Life Lotion (reviewed HERE)
A opulent serum that detoxifies, tightens, brightens and transforms, it’s luxury well worth the pursuit. I’ve been using it nonstop for the past two months!
*Necessaire Body Lotion (reviewed HERE)
Fragrance-free and deeply nourishing, this gorgeous cream has become a regular part of my routine. It delivers impressive moisture while feeling weightless.
Mustela Gentle Cleansing Gel: Mustela is a key part of Joey’s babyhood; the delicate French scent is beautiful on delicate skin and this particular formula is shampoo and body wash in one for a seamless bathing experience.
This baby accessory was such a good investment…it’s like a portable high chair (for feeding) and safe place to settle Joey (there are belts that can be fastened) wherever we may be.
Joey gets compliments every time she wears these adorable shoes; the leather is super soft and flexible and the moccasin stays put all day.
|Shampoo and body wash for baby in a single formula…Mustela Gentle Cleansing Gel
|Joey in her Bumbo Floor Seat…perfect for travel.
|Dagne Dover Large Hunter Neoprene Toiletry Bag
// THE TRAVEL BAG //
|The Dagne Dover Large Hunter Neoprene Toiletry Bag comes with two detachable pouches (held in place with velcro fasteners)
|The significant capacity of the Dagne Dover Large Hunter Neoprene Toiletry Bag
// FACE //
Upon the recommendation of a makeup artist friend of mine, I picked up this glowing face formula that also adds a bit of self-tanning action and am very glad that I did. I like to apply a pump all over my face directly following moisturizer; it yields a touch of color and soft glow that minimizes imperfections and makes skin look amazing. Additionally, after a few hours, a more pronounced glow develops…it’s summer dream skin in a tube! For reference, Latte Light (which is what I chose) is excellent for N/NC/NW 25-N/NC/NW 30 skin tones.
Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Foundation Balm (reviewed HERE)
Still one of my favorite foundation launches of the year, this provides glowing medium to full coverage that doesn’t require touch ups…it must be tried to be believed. I brought 5-6 foundations on this trip and never ended up deviating form this particular formula.
Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Concealer #6 (reviewed HERE)
The creaseless liquid texture is easy to work with and blends out seamlessly, especially in the pernicious under eye region.
Tom Ford Bronzing Powder in Terra (reviewed HERE)
I brought but one bronzer on this trip and Terra took care of business! This true tan tone sculpts and contours while adding a natural warmth to the face…it’s divine.
*Tom Ford Sheer Cheek Duo in Lissome (reviewed HERE)
Two blush tones in one compact? Yes, please! The radiant mauve-meets-beige and lively pure pink look gorgeous separately or together on the apples of one’s cheeks.
*Kevyn Aucoin Glass Glow Face Liquid Highlighter in Bronze Spectrum and Crystal Clear
Strategically placed on the high points of the face, this formula truly makes skin look like glass. **Keep scrolling for a comprehensive review and swatches of all available shades.
I had the privilege of previewing this powder with the Sisley team a couple of weeks ago in Venice Beach and have been using it ever since. This revolutionary formula–which is translucent and designed for all skin tones–is veritable filter for the face. The velvety power looks like nothing on the skin while somehow blurring the look of pores and making the skin look magnificently even. It can be used to set make up and also serves as an expert touch up formula throughout the day. I can’t wait for you to try this!
This makeup bag-friendly brush works so well with the new Sisley powder…it’s not new but new to me and I don’t know why I waited so long to buy it! The dense bristles are soft and deposit the perfect amount of color every single time.
I use this brush multiple times a day…it’s really all I use for bronzer and blush and I’ve had it for years. Troy Surratt created a masterpiece with this gem and I wholly recommend it, especially for those of us who only want to use a modicum of brushes.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.
|*Keyvn Aucoin Glass Glow Collection
- Crystal Clear: Iridescent pearl with muted blue radiance.
- Prism Rose: Tender baby pink…this looks incredible on the cheeks.
- Spectrum Bronze: Warm golden bronze for a subtly burnished effect.
Official details, courtesy of Sephora:
What it is: A unique, lightweight face gloss that creates a look of youthful, well-hydrated skin with a glassy complexion.
– Passion Fruit Oil: Rich in omega 6, promotes a smooth touch on the skin.
– Marula Oil: Rich in antioxidants and with omega fatty acids 3, 6, and 9; supports skin hydration; and soothes and reduces redness.
Ingredient Callouts: Free of parabens.
What Else You Need to Know: This universal, lightweight, unique formula creates youthful-looking, well-hydrated skin with a glassy look. The multipurpose glow-gel can be used on the face and body, leaving skin appearing clear, radiant, and seemingly transparent.
What it is: A lip gloss with an ultimate, three-dimensional, reflective glaze, comfortable wear, and a non-sticky formula that glides on with ease for a glassy finish.
– Vitamin E: Protects and conditions lips, and provides antioxidant benefits.
– Mixture of Emollients: Adheres to lips and locks in shine.
Ingredient Callouts: Free of parabens.
What Else You Need to Know: Glass Glow Lip is infused with antioxidants and vitamin E to moisturize, protect, and lock in shine. This comfortable lip color delivers a high-shine, reflective look. The non-tacky formula glides on with ease, leaving a glossy finish.
|Swatches of the *Keyvn Aucoin Glass Glow Collection in direct sunlight.
|*Sisley-Paris Blur Expert Powder and Sisley-Paris Retractable Kabuki Brush.
|Eyes and Lips.
- *Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerize in Rose Gold (reviewed HERE): I am over the moon that this eyeshadow–originally released as a limited edition last year–is now available again. Softly shimmering and delightfully creamy, this shadow–which resists creasing and does not fade–is a marvelous daily hue.
- *Nude Envie Eye Shadow in Desire (reviewed HERE): I always have Desire in my makeup bag; this luminous bronzy rose tone is so effortless as as single wash of color and also looks lovely atop the above Rose Gold to intensify the effect.
- Hourglass Scattered Light Eye Shadow in Foil (reviewed HERE): Just a touch on the center of my upper eye lids yields pure golden light…I will hit pan on this soon as I use it almost daily.
- Sisley-Paris Phyto Kohl Star Eyeshadow in Sparkling Black (reviewed HERE): My waterline’s best friend, this is really the only eyeliner I need on a regular basis.
- BY TERRY Lash Expert Twist Brush Mascara (reviewed HERE): Volumizing and lengthening in a single tube, this formula easily remains in my top three favorite mascara choices of life.
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lip Liner (reviewed HERE): My lip pencil go-to of choice, I love slightly overlining with this warm pinky nude shade for lips that reach maximum levels. Oh, and a single application lasts all day.
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lipstick: I recently rediscovered this lipstick in my stash and have fallen in love all over again. Creamy, volumizing and incredibly flattering, this mid-toned pink-meets-beige is (believe it or not) unlike any other neutral in my vast collection. Highly recommended!
- Laura Mercier Rouge Essentiel Lipstick in Nude Naturel: This pale 1960s pink is a quintessential nude pout in seconds. I have much love for the new Rouge Essentiel range and will be sharing swatches of all available shades soon.
- *Charlotte Tilbury Supermodel Body Slimmer: I love running this luminous formula along my collarbone and down the fronts of my legs for immediate sculpting and illumination. The elongated roller ball applicator is genius!
|Swatches in direct sunlight.
// STYLE NOTES //
A pop of color in my favorite hue…exact wrap top HERE.
Relaxed and distressed to the perfect level, I cannot get enough of Moussy these days.
Vince Westport Platform Sandals (reviewed HERE)
I bought these back in January and am still wearing them nonstop with no sign of slowing…especially as the temperatures continue to rise. They match everything and are extremely comfortable!
|Vince Westport Platform Sandals
|With my beloved Jethro.
|Eye look, courtesy of *Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerize in Rose Gold (reviewed HERE), *Nude Envie Eye Shadow in Desire (reviewed HERE) and Hourglass Scattered Light Eye Shadow in Foil (reviewed HERE)