|In my work bag…|
• Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant Deodorant Cool Essentials 2.6 oz, up to 48 hours of antiperspirant protection
• Contains Dove NutriumMoisture and ¼ moisturizers
• Underarm skin looks and feels softer with regular use
• Refreshing, cool scent of cucumber and green tea
• 0% alcohol (ethanol) formula is kind on underarms
• Antiperspirant deodorant glides on easily
Dr. Barba: The way antiperspirants generally work is that the active ingredient temporarily blocks the release of sweat from the sweat ducts. The salts dissolve into the skin and forms a protective layer over the mouth of the sweat ducts, which reduces perspiration in the underarm.
BP: Should we put deodorant on in the morning or at night?
Dr. Barba: You can put your antiperspirant on at any time of the day that is most convenient for you. If you have sensitive skin after shaving, it’s ideal to shave in the evening, and apply antiperspirant in the morning after your skin has had a chance to recover overnight. You can also look into a fragrance-free antiperspirant for sensitive skin that has moisturizers, which can be gentler on recently shaved skin. I recommend Dove Advanced Care because it offers 48 hours of protection plus skincare benefits with its NutriumMoisture formula.
Dr. Barba: I had a wonderful dermatologist growing up. The power of topical products and medicines to transform the skin was intriguing to me and I identified with a specialty where “creams” are the mainstay of treatment. Intuitively I felt that as a woman I could be successful in this specialty. I do not regret it for a minute and I often encourage young women going into medicine to consider dermatology. It is now the top specialty in medicine and the hardest to get into.
BP: What are the biggest challenges facing women and their skin?
Dr. Barba: One of them is definitely not understanding, early on, the role that sun damage plays on premature aging, sun spots and skin cancer. The sun damage in your teens and 20s will have an effect on how skin looks in your 40s. Also, the desire for “perfect” skin based on photo shopped images in the media. No one has flawless skin everywhere like we see in magazines. Trust me, I know! I take care of some of these gorgeous men and women and I am happy to report they have the same issues as you and me.
BP: What is one thing all women can do to improve their skin in 30 days?
Dr. Barba: Learn to read labels and learn about the “active” ingredients in skincare. They truly make a difference and have the power to transform the skin.
|Click on items in image for shopping details and read on below for even more…|
- Longchamp Large Le Pliage Tote: Waterproof, super strong and ultra chic, nothing is better for toting around your essentials…it’s all I’ve carried for nearly six years!
- *Surratt Beauty Surreal Real Skin Foundation (reviewed HERE): One of my favorite bases to date, this long lasting formula looks like really good skin and the built in brush guarantees that on-the-go touch ups are a breeze.
- *Jouer Essential Matte & Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette: The latest from Jouer, this neutral eyeshadow palette features 12 matte and satin finish shades that flatter a spectrum of skin tones and blend like a dream.
- Dove Advanced Care in Cool Essentials: Provides 48 hour protection and keeps my skin moisturized, especially during my long teaching days.
- Logitech Laser Pointer/Presenter: Always handy, this technological gem allows me to present my lectures with command!
- Tic Tacs: My go-to mint of choice for decades, I always have a pack in my bag and love to share with those around me.
- *Aveda Shampure Dry Shampoo: To give hair a boost of freshness, this dry shampoo works like a charm and also delivers impressive volume and lift!
- *BECCA Multi-Tasking Perfecting Powder: Creamy and pigmented, this powder banishes shine, evens skin tone and, due to the respectable round of shades, can also be used to bronze, contour and highlight.
- *SK-II Mid-Day Essence (reviewed HERE): Long a trusted companion, I love how this essence wakes my skin up and gives it new life.
- *Tom Ford Shimmer Shot in Spin Spin Sugar (reviewed HERE): For moments when only liquid highlighter will do, this latest release from Tom Ford is fast becoming a favorite. Buffed into the high points of my face, it imparts a gorgeously ethereal glow.
- Guerlain Radiance in a Flash: I’ve been meaning to mention this little tube of light–which I picked up this past summer–for awhile; just a dot delivers rare, shimmer-free radiance to my face when the long hours of the day have taken their toll.
- *Too Cool for School Max in Pocket Lip Balm in Pink Pink: Super cute and delightfully moisturizing, this adorable lip balm features a wash of pink pigment and little mirror for quick application.
- *Hourglass 1.5mm Mechanical Gel Eyeliner (reviewed HERE): Just a bit along my lower waterline instantly transforms my eye look.
- *La Prairie Light Fantastic Brightening Eye Treatment #20 (reviewed HERE): For moments when eye fatique is apparent, this concealer works to instill new life into the orbital zone while covering up shadows and darkness.
- Tom Ford Lip Contour Duo #01 (reviewed HERE): This brown nude shade is universally-flattering and ever so office appropriate.
- *Sisley-Paris Double Tenseur (reviewed HERE): I use this new formula as both a primer underneath makeup and as a way to refresh, lift and tone the skin atop makeup…so good.
- Byredo Hair Perfume in Mojave Ghost (reviewed HERE): This genius invention is the quickest way to infuse my hair with my favorite fragrance…it’s all at once alluring and mood-lifting.
- *Oribe Lip Lust Creme Lipstick in The Nude: Perhaps the most quintessential pinky peachy beige tone, this creamy, full coverage formula instantly creates a chic nude lip.
- *Oribe Illuminating Face Palette in Moonlit: With three shades of radiant powder to contour, flush and highlight, this is the ultimate brightening tool and takes one from daytime to evening with ease.
- *Fictions Fragrance Mini EDP Paris: She Met Him in Secret: This clever scent appeals to my love of all things literary in nature; built on the premise of an engaging book, this travel fragrance boasts notes of violet and leather (two of my favorite scents ever) for a mysterious, sensual and entrancing effect that is marvelous for a day to night transition.
|Oribe beauty…yes, please!|
|Oribe Lip Lust Creme Lipstick in The Nude.|
|Oribe The Nude alone on the lips.|
|Oribe The Nude swatch in direct sunlight…this is reflective of a single pass…so much pigment, no?|
|With three shades of illumination, you can bronze, flush and highlight with a single pass of the brush.|
|The packaging is intensely luxe.|
|Swatches in outdoor lighting.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|The *Jouer Essential Matte & Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette.|
|Swatches of the *Jouer Essential Matte & Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette in direct sunlight.|
|Introducing the *BECCA Multi-Tasking Perfecting Powder.|
The formula comes in seven shades for endless opportunities to set makeup, banish shine, even skin tone, contour and highlight:
- Fair: Alabaster beige
- Light: Light yellow beige
- Beige: Light-medium neutral beige **my perfect match
- Tan: Rich golden medium beige
- Warm Honey: Peachy deep tan
- Dark Golden: Warm golden brown
- Deep Bronze: Deepest cocoa brown
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
This multi-tasking powder imparts a natural finish with the help of pure mineral pigments that are pressed into this silky powder.
- A one-step powder & foundation
- A do-it-all formula: sets concealer, highlights & contours
- Delivers medium to full coverage that feels weightless
- Blends seamlessly over the skin & feels as natural as it looks
- Leaves skin with a silky, matte finish
- Acts as a finishing powder
- Perfect for on-the-go touch-ups to refresh your looks
- Antioxidant vitamins A, B, C & E for anti-aging benefits & allows skin to breath
|Seven diverse shades for maximum matching power.|
|In my bag.|
|Protected and under control, even during a 12-hour work day.|
|Applying lipstick on the go…it’s the norm for me!|
|Ready for another work week.|