|Elements of my La Prairie Caviar Ritual.|
- *La Prairie Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion (also available at Neiman Marcus and reviewed HERE): Upon cleansing, a drop or two of this bouncy formula (which delightfully simultaneously feels like a liquid and a gel) delivers moisture while toning the skin, ultimately preparing it to more readily accept the benefits of the skincare to come.
- *La Prairie Skin Caviar Liquid Lift Serum (also available at Neiman Marcus and reviewed HERE): This serum nourishes the skin, encouraging skin cells to repair and rejuvenate; the results include firmer and more lifted looking skin with each application.
- *La Prairie Skin Caviar Absolute Filler (also available at Neiman Marcus): One pump (the packaging, by the way is extremely innovative) yields enough of this luxurious cream to cover my entire face; as soon as it’s absorbed (which is in mere seconds, I might add), my canvas appears hydrated, bouncy, revived and positively glowing. The blurring effect this seems to have on my skin is remarkable; fine lines and even pores appear minimized and the effect lasts the entire day; consequently, I am over the moon for this latest addition to my routine.
Caviar Absolute, La Prairie’s new caviar ingredient is used for the first time in Skin Caviar Absolute Filler. It is the result of an advanced technological process that captures the most elusive, volume-enhancing nutrients found in caviar—an innovative scientific breakthrough in state-of-the-art caviar science.
Immerse yourself in the Skin Caviar lifting and firming ritual by starting with Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion, followed by Skin Caviar Liquid Lift and Skin Caviar Eye Lift Cream. Complete with Skin Caviar Absolute Filler.
- *La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer and Foundation (also available at Neiman Marcus and reviewed HERE): Ever a foundationphile, this formula is consistently in my top five formula rotation as it offers buildable medium coverage and a gorgeous natural skin finish that delivers skincare benefits while perfecting one’s canvas. It’s so adored that I never ever travel without it…and, based on your comments and emails, a host of Beauty Professor readers feel the same way!
|Upon cleansing, I apply a few drops of the La Prairie Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion, either with a cotton pad or my bare hands. It primes my skin and also adds a lovely wash of moisture.|
|Then, I distribute a single pump of the *La Prairie Skin Caviar Liquid Lift Serum all over my face for firming and lifting benefits.|
|Next, a signal pump of the *La Prairie Skin Caviar Absolute Filler is all that is necessary to plump fine lines and smooth my canvas for makeup application. After this step, my skin literally glows!|
|*La Prairie Skin Caviar Absolute Filler|
|Finally, I conclude my Caviar Ritual with the *La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer and Foundation. A nickel-sized amount imparts flawless medium coverage and the accompanying concealer instantly brightens the orbital area.|
|On to the makeup…|
|The full look.|
- *La Prairie Caviar Concealer and Foundation in Honey Beige (reviewed HERE and HERE) buffed into face with a Beauty Blender.
- By Terry Sun Designer #2 (reviewed HERE) as a bronzer on the hollows and perimeter of my face.
- *Gucci Blush in Soft Peach (reviewed HERE) on the apples of the cheeks
- *La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush in Peach Glow (reviewed HERE) on apples of cheeks blended towards temples.
- Tom Ford Soleil Sheer Highlighting Duo in Reflects Gilt (reviewed HERE) swept along the light points of my face for additional radiance.
- *By Terry Style Blackstar in Copper Crush (reviewed HERE) blended on my upper eye lids and along my lower lash line for a neutral wash of color. I forgot how much I adore this long lasting formula and effortless hue!
- *Gucci Smoky Impact Eyeliner in Iconic Black (reviewed HERE) swept along my lower waterline.
- *Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut (reviewed HERE) brushed through my brows to add volume, hold and definition.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Intensifying Liquid Eye Liner (reviewed HERE). I placed a line along my upper eyelid for additional impact.
- *It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara (reviewed HERE). Two coats for full and fluffy lashes!
- *La Prairie Cellular Luxe Lip Color in Rouge 30: This brand new lip color is a quintessential fall tone that can be applied sheerly (for a stain-like effect) or layered to full opacity for major impact. Although I am typically a nude lip lover, I find this deep rose tone is exceptionally wearable and know it will be on heavy rotation as the cooler months ensure.
- Ragdoll LA Camel Sweatshirt: This French terry number has classic appeal and a wildly comfortable fit that makes me want to put it on daily. In my experience, Ragdoll LA can do no wrong…in light of this sentiment, check out the new Ragdoll LA selection now at Nordstrom!
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
- Anthropologie: Extra 40% off sale items…I am loving these wide leg pants, gingham wrap dress and perfect black and white mules.
- Bloomingdales: 40-60% off sale items…I recommend these DL1961 black jeans (wear them with everything), Equipment shirt dress and Frame Le Original jeans (I already have 3 pairs in this style)
- Intermix: Major savings site-wide, including this chic cropped jumpsuit, relaxed yet detailed cutoff shorts and Ancient Greek color block sandals.
- Neiman Marcus: Up to 65% off…check out this adorable Milly denim dress, timeless Eileen Fisher shift and Rag & Bone Harrow Bootie.
- Nordstrom: Up to 40% off, including these brilliant leggings, effortless tie dress and timeless Stan Smith sneakers (I have two pairs!)
- Shopbop: Hundreds of items on sale…I’m intrigued by these Levi’s (which are bestsellers on the site), this pair of Rachel Comes peep toes and this pajama set for when temperatures drop.
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this overview of my updated La Prairie Caviar Ritual; I cannot say enough good things about the *La Prairie Skin Caviar Absolute Filler (also available at Neiman Marcus) as it has notably contributed to a smoother, brighter and more refined canvas in my two weeks of consistent testing. I plan to diligently use it daily this fall and can’t wait to continue to calibrate the results.
Is La Prairie a part of YOUR skincare routine? If so, please make sure to share your favorites in the comments section!
Good things ahead, including a comprehensive overview of the upcoming Space NK Fall Edit GWP bag and a host of new product procurements…xx and have a lovely weekend,
–The Beauty Professor