I never thought I’d be typing these words but I wear some version of activewear multiple times a week. The last year and a half has definitely changed my style habits. Between working out more and taking long walks with Joey as well as plenty of time at home, I’m ever on the quest for great sports bras, flattering shorts and accessories that make these pieces work, even when I do leave the house!
Activewear for Everywhere Beauty Staples + The Sale I’m Shopping This Weekend
Today, I am sharing some recent fall finds that I picked up in the Nordstrom Summer Sale (now through 9/12), which features hundreds of items at up to 60% off. I also of course, am including some skincare, haircare, fragrance and makeup to round out the look!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of everything in action as well as the Bottom Line…
Proper underpinnings that do the job while feeling comfortable are, dare I say it, rare. First, I’ve been on the search for a basic bra without underwire that works under tee shirts. Enter: the Lively No Wire Push Up Bra. This bra (I’m wearing a 36B) offers structure and support without the wire and has beautifully clean lines. I topped this bra with a Leopard print blouse (above) but cannot wait to try it with some of the many white tees and blouses in my closet.
Sports Bra and Shorts
Next, I changed things up with the Zella Breezy Tank Sports Bra (I’m wearing a medium) and a pair of High Waist Double Shorts in Olive. This black sports bra is everything I want from such an item; it has great coverage, is neither too tight or too loose and holds its shape all day while being $25. I hope to pick up other colors soon. The shorts (I’m wearing a small) are so fun; the double layering involves an abbreviated bike short.
It’s topped with a flouncy traditional short along with a high waist and pockets. So good. To dress up this duo, I added my Lee Oversized Trucker Jacket (also worn HERE) and finished the off-duty look with some rubber Gucci Sandals (reviewed HERE).
For a dash of unexpected color the tiger-inspired Beyond Yoga Jasper top (wearing a medium) is an absolute gem. Soft compression holds everything in while. Still, being incredibly breathable and I think I want to try it with a black blazer next! In the meantime, I paired this tank with the neon lime green IVL Collective Race Pace Shorts (wearing a medium) which feature a similar two layer system for maximum mobility.
I also love that my Adidas sneakers (there is no tennis shoe more comfortable in my experience) worn above are currently on sale! Be forewarned. So, once your toes get a taste of freedom in these shoes, they might not want to return to something with a more narrow profile.
For the last look (dramatically backlit during the Golden Hour), I kept the IVL Collective Race Pace Shorts on and topped them with the lush green Lively Eco Deep V Bralette, which has a deep v and enough support for a quick jog.
// SKIN, HAIR + FRAGRANCE // Minimalist at Its Finest
There is always something so satisfying about finishing a product and such is the case for my Agent Nateur Holi Face Serum, which is good to the last drop. Every time I apply it, my skin feels calm, hydrated and balanced. Oh, and it’s beautiful to mix with foundation for an ethereal glow. Speaking of glow, I just started a fresh tube of the *Omorovicza Facial Polish, which I have been using on and off since 2013. It gently exfoliates without irritation while the Moor Mud turns my shower into a Hungarian spa.
For hair, I’ve been alternating between the *Miriam Quevedo Black Baccara Hair Multiplying Shampoo and the *Sisley-Paris Soothing Rebalancing Shampoo: Both have exemplary ingredients for scalp care and hair strength; my locks feel endlessly soft and smooth. The pairing is also helping me with my goal of washing my hair every three days. This is the case instead of my usual every other day, by keeping my hair manageable and shiny (rather than oily).
It appears that France is the theme of my fragrance selections. The *Ouai Rue St. Honoré EDP is an homage to one of the most luxurious streets in Paris (I’ve walked it, become gloriously lost on it and found my way back on it) and features notes of violet, gardenia and ylang-ylang and the deliciously potent Atelier Cologne Vanille Insenseé is still my favorite vanilla-centric fragrance. It’s cool, sweet and effervescent while having a remarkably sensual dry down.
// MAKEUP // A Complete Face in Under 10 Products
Lately, I’ve been reaching for the Clé de Peau Beauté Silky Cream Foundation O50 a great deal. Just a pea-sized amount imparts extremely smooth, natural skin finish medium to full coverage. It somehow remains touch-up free all day. It’s utterly lovely and well worth the investment! Next, I use my beloved Surratt Artistique Highlight Brush to apply the Tom Ford Skin Illuminating Powder Duo, which features luminous light brown shade for subtle contouring and a radiant pearl hue to highlight one’s skin to oblivion. I recently rediscovered this pair and forgot how much I love it, especially through fall and winter as my tan fades. A quick sweep of the Armani Luminous Silk Glow Setting Powder 6.5: and my canvas is good to go.
For eyes, I recently picked up and am delightedly by the Bobbi Brown Travel Size Long-Wear Cream Eyeshadow Stick Set. The set comes with for mini sticks (vanilla, taupe, golden pink and dusty mauve) to create the perfect neutral eye. The cream itself is smooth and self-setting, resisting creasing for hours…I love this little quartet and the diminutive size makes it completely makeup bag and travel friendly. I’ve been putting a pop of indigo blue on my waterline this week, thanks to the brilliant *Sisley-Paris Phyto-Khol Star Sparkling Waterproof Liner in Sparkling Blue.
This oft-sold out pencil is retractable and waterproof, making it a fuss-free, long-wear dream. For fluffy yet polished brows, I’m still using a lot of the Too Faced Brow Wig Medium Brown and I finished with a couple coats of the volumizing, lengthening and ultra clean new *Kjaer Weis Im-Possible Mascara, which really lives up to its claims. I can’t wait to continue testing it in the weeks to come.
I was overcome with nostalgia when I purchased a brand new tube of Tom Ford Pink Dusk last week. Nearly a decade ago, this creamy mauve pink hue was one of my first Tom Ford lipsticks ever. Also, the love affair is reignited. Not too light, not too dark and singularly neutral enough to effortlessly flatter a spectrum of skin tones. This lipstick is pure perfection and all I’m wearing in the images at the beginning of this post.
// ADDITIONAL SALE RECOMMENDATIONS // Here’s What’s on My List for the Weekend…
- Le Pliage Expandable Tote: I use all of my Longchamp bags frequently and especially for travel; this expandable version is exceptional.
- UGG Cozette Slippers in Pollen: I have these in grey and highly recommend them…they grip the floor well and make me feel just the slightest bit fancy.
- Blonde Waterproof Booties: I love the chunky cut and the neutral suede shade feels modern and fresh.
- Wubby Jacket: As soon as the temperature drops a bit, I am basically freezing. I predict that this jacket will help.
- Pinstripe Skinny Pants: I am intrigued by these pants; they remind me of something I had 20 years ago and I’m ready to revisit the look.
- Zella Snow Wash Rib Bike Shorts: Zella makes some of the best bike shorts available and this particular trio of shades is dreamy.
- Square Neck Puff Sleeve Dress: I picked this up at the Anniversary Sale in August (discussed/worn HERE) and love how chic and comfortable it is…and now it is even less.
- Blue Light Glasses: I have these all around the house and my eyes Thank me regularly. These are particularly cute frames and are a steal!
- Sammi Bra: I just picked this bra up in multiple colors (FP runs small in lingerie so I sized up to a M/L and I am usually a 34B). It’s a great price (under $15) and might help me break my habit of wearing swimwear under non-swimwear ; )
- Gucci Aviator Sunglasses: I love the styling of these glasses as they don’t look like anything I currently own. Isn’t that always the way it works?
- Karoline Robe: This fluffy robe will be invaluable on cold mornings…like a luxe cocoon.
- Mock Neck T-Shirt: I am a sucker for a good mock neck…it’s very 1960s Mod, no?
- Jenni Kane Mules: She makes some of the most comfortable flats and I love the neutral color combination on these sleek mules.
- Vince Pencil Stripe Crewneck T-Shirt: This is the type of long sleeve tee that you will have for the rest of your life.
- Frame Le Original Jeans: The Le Original are by far the most timeless cut that Frame makes. I have at least six pairs and they are my most worn denim for the last seven years.
- All Saints Cotton Tee: Classic and soft…this is a white tee with a slight twist.
–Shop the Sale–
–Shop the Post–
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this look at some of my activewear and beauty discoveries as of late and would love to know what caught your eye. As aforementioned, the Nordstrom Summer Sale (which has much more than summer merchandise) is happening now through 9/12…let me know if you pick up anything!
Good things ahead, including a fresh video tutorial, a haircare checklist, my Le Metier de Beaute favorites (yes, the brand is back and you can use BP30 at checkout for 30% off!) and a host of new product procurements…cannot wait to share.
Also, if you’re in Southern California this weekend, swing by the 43rd Annual Seal Beach Arts and Crafts Fair at the Main Street Pier. It’s 100% free and runs Saturday from 9-6 AND Sunday 9-5. My brother Seth will have a booth showcasing his handcrafted leather bags (I carry one 99% of the time) and we’ll be there helping him out. It’s going to be a beautiful weekend. Hope to see you there…his booth is Space 49–when facing the ocean, it’s on the right side of the pier.
Stay strong, seek wisdom, much love and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor
**Press samples indicated by asterisk. As always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-21 Beauty Professor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.