|Essentials from Nordstrom.|
- Tom Ford Shade + Illuminate Soft Radiance Foundation Cushion Compact SPF 35 in 6.5 Sable: I have been waiting for this foundation to be readily available for over a year after first spotting it in the UK. The weightless formula boasts significant SPF protection and buildable medium to full coverage that, once set, does not budge or settle into fine lines or pores over the course of a long day. It’s comfortable and high performance and currently on sale.
- Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick in Dune 5.7: A true foundation classic, this versatile foundation stick can be applied sheerly or built to full coverage along with everything in-between. After forays with the light beige Natural and warmer Tawny, I have found Dune to be my most apropos match and love the way it seamlessly blends with my medium olive skin.
- *Tom Ford Shade + Illuminate Soft Radiance Foundation SPF 50 in 5.7 Dune: Slightly deeper in tone than the Dune of the stick, this lush liquid offers significant SPF and a Demi-matte finish that compliments the pursuit of a perfected canvas. It’s long wearing and, as long as you are friendly with the subtle fragrance of lavender, should make a lot of skin types (e.g., oily, combination and dry) extremely happy.
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter #4: I love to use this dreamy, tinted and light-reflecting cream as a primer to even skin and add a glow that looks exceptionally fetching under foundation…it works with everything in my arsenal which is likely why I’m on my third bottle!
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Foundation 7.5 Neutral: I am at the tail end of this medium/full coverage fantasy and still love it as much as I did last fall! Less than one pump is all I need to create the illusion of flawless skin (every time I wear it, I get inquiries from those on a similar quest for the ideal base) and, when skin is properly moisturized and primed, I can get 18+, touch-up free wear from it.
- Chantecaille Just Skin in Glow: For lightweight sheer coverage that feels more like a hydrating balm than a foundation, Chantecaille Just Skin is a resplendent option.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Liquid Makeup in 3W1.5 Fawn: A classic option that continues to inspire, this full coverage matte formula truly stays in place and performs with remarkably natural-looking aplomb.
- Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Foundation Balm 6.5: I have gone through no less than three compacts in either 6 or 6.5 in the last year or so and consistently recommend this formula to those seeking creamy medium-to-full coverage that looks like nothing on the skin. The lightweight gel formula suspends over pores and fine lines to create an exceptionally smooth canvas while somehow still letting skin breathe comfortably. It’s one of the best cream compact options on the market!
- *La Prairie Skin Caviar Foundation in Warm Beige: An opulent investment that adeptly blends effective skincare with creamy color, this timeless pursuit has been on my favorites list for years now. It’s the gold standard for luxury foundation and the coordinating concealer housed at the top of the bottle is the veritable icing on the cake.
- *Surratt Dew Drop Foundation #8: For a lush glass skin effect with just enough coverage (light to medium) to even everything out and conceal the elements we wish not to be seen, this innovative formula features a unique dispensing system and a positively gorgeous glowing finish.
- *Kosas Tinted Skin Oil in 5.5: This foundation may appeal to clean beauty enthusiasts but has won the hearts (and canvases) of makeup wearers of all persuasions. The lightweight liquid offers surprisingly buildable light all the way to full coverage without feeing the slightest bit heavy or oily. It’s a green beauty innovation, indeed!
- Sisley-Paris Phyto-Hydra Teint Tinted Moisturizer #2: Velvety smooth and decidedly natural looking, this skincare-focused formula offers delicate coverage that banishes imperfections while letting the beauty of one’s skin shine through. I love mixing shades 1and 2 for a perfect neutral beige and will be able to wear #2 on its own as summer grows near.
- Guerlain L’Essentiel Foundation 035 N (all shades swatched HERE): This light to medium coverage foundation possesses 97% naturally-derived ingredients and an impressive expanse of 36 shades to match a spectrum of skin tones.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Tom Ford Shade + Illuminate Soft Radiance Foundation Cushion Compact SPF 35 in 6.5 Sable|
|Tom Ford Shade + Illuminate Soft Radiance Foundation Cushion Compact SPF 35 in 6.5 Sable|
- Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream: In a few words, my skin simply loves this cream. I’ve used it consistently–both day and night–for nearly three years and am thrilled that it is finally available online at Nordstrom. It’s an anti-aging moisturizer of epic proportions…and it may be worth noting that my mom and sister-in-law (all of us in different decades of life) use it with equal enthusiasm.
- Raincry Condition Large Pure Boar Bristle Brush: This brush detangles while evenly distributing the natural oils from my scalp to the ends with every brushing session, thereby making my hair silky smooth and shiny. It’s a haircare wonder and currently on sale.
- *RéVive Supérieur Body Renewing Firming Cream: I apply this intensely hydrating cream every evening post-shower and love the way it envelops my skin in moisturizer while adding a certain bounce and tautness to my limbs. For further support of my usage, scroll on to check out my nearly empty jar…in skincare, that is always the best sign of devotion.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Correcting Cream Veil SPF 21: This smoothing primer balances and blurs pores while yielding SPF protection. A dime-sized amount of this brightening formula makes skin look like porcelain while masterfully extending the wear of foundation.
- *Sisley-Paris Self Tanning Hydrating Facial Skin Care: A recent launch from the venerable skincare and color line, this skincare-meets-self tanner formula imparts nourishing hydration that enables you to even skip your traditional moisturizer while creating a believable bronze veil of color.
- *Sisley-Paris Self Tanning Hydrating Body Skin Care: Just as effective and effortlessly beautiful as the face version, this body-targeted formula is a gorgeous hybrid of (pseudo) sunlight and moisture that looks decadently tan without the slightest hint of orange.
- *NuFace Fix: I am a skincare device devotee and this small but mighty micro-current gem has a permanent place on my nightstand as it’s so easy to use while contributing to noticeable results. I love using it in my orbital region to combat crows feet and my upper lip for increased volume and fullness. If you’re looking to enter the world of micro-current technology, this purse-friendly version is a brilliant choice.
- Atelier Cologne Fragrance in Vanille Insensee: Perhaps the best incarnation of vanilla in a fragrance that I’ve ever encountered, this Atelier Cologne favorite is sophisticated and cool rather than overtly sweet and cloying with a sensual base that emanates appeal year round.
- *RéVive Glow Elixir Hydrating Radiance Oil: This is the newest skincare element in my rotation and it couldn’t have arrived at a better time! Equal parts hydrating oil and glowing bronze incandescence, this lightweight formula can be worn on its now for a burnished glow or mixed in with foundation for a custom sun kissed look.
|*RéVive Glow Elixir Hydrating Radiance Oil|
|*RéVive Supérieur Body Renewing Firming Cream…this cream is my daily post-shower go-to as evidenced by the major dent I’ve put in this jar.|
|Charlotte Tilbury Mesmerizing Maroon Palette|
|Swatches of the Charlotte Tilbury Mesmerizing Maroon Palette in direct sunlight.|
|Face + lips etc.|
- Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer in Almond: Creamy coverage and a lasting, crease-free finish that mimics the look of healthy and even skin, this cult-classics has a permanent place on my vanity.
- Hourglass Ambient Bronzing Powder in Luminous Bronze Light: If I had to choose but one bronzer for the rest of my days, it would be this one. It’s a true tan brown that is buildable, slightly glowing and ever so natural looking (read: absolutely no visible texture) on the skin. It’s neither flashy nor new (I still remember it’s launch almost five years ago) but absolutely invaluable in my routine.
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Beauty Light Wand: A quick application of this lightweight cream-meets-gel makes one’s canvas look bouncy and radiant and the universal champagne tone looks incredible on all skin tones. That’s likely why I’m on my third tube!
- Sisley-Paris Phyto-Lip Twist in #10 Sugar: Speaking of buying a product over and over again, I have lost count of how many #10 Sugars I’ve run through over the years. This is a nourishing lip treatment (like the best balm you could possibly imagine) with the shiny color payoff of a gleaming lipstick. #10 Sugar (currently on sale, by the way) is a cool baby pink that is neither too light nor too dark…it looks stunning on its own and layers well under gloss or nude lipstick for a bespoke look. I never want to be without this shade…try it and you’ll understand exactly what I mean.
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lustre in Pillow Talk: Ahh…this opaque pinky nude gloss is everything that is good about the (now) iconic Pillow Talk Collection. Rich and plush, this shade somehow adds instant volume to the lips and stays in place for hours on end. If you get just one Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lustre, I implore you to make it this one.
- Dior Lip Glow to the Max Hydrating Color Reviver Lip Balm: This pale glowing pink feels so lush on the lips and always brightens up my complexion on “no makeup makeup” days…it has more luminosity and less “hot pink-ness” than the original formula while still looking exceptionally natural. Love it.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|An even and protected canvas via the Tom Ford Shade + Illuminate Soft Radiance Foundation Cushion Compact SPF 35 in 6.5 Sable|
|Applying my favorite Sisley-Paris Phyto-Lip Twist in #10 Sugar|
|The eye look via the Charlotte Tilbury Mesmerizing Maroon Palette|
|Even at 20 months, Johannah Elle is already refining her taste for luxury makeup.|
- Reformation Gaia Bodysuit: I bought this bodysuit over a year ago and still wear it multiple times a month. It’s soft, flexibly and form fitting without being unbearably tight. I also love that it can be worn on or off the shoulders with ease…oh, and it’s currently on sale. I’m thinking about getting the cream version for spring.
- AGOLDE Crisscross Upsize High Waist Jeans: Two pairs later (blue and black!) and these jeans still rank amongst my favorite. They are flatteringly high-waisted, delightfully relaxed on the leg and hit at the most optimal place on the ankle for showcasing one’s footwear. If they made them in another color, I’d buy a third pair!
- Mephisto Sandals: Every time I wear these sandals, someone asks me who makes them and where they can get them; they are a brilliant metallic neutral and the shoe itself is lightweight and insanely comfortable, even after 8+ hours of wear. 47+ nearly 5-star ratings on the Nordstrom site corroborate my experience with these gems.
|AGOLDE Crisscross Upsize High Waist Jeans|
- Topshop Weekend Tee: I have this in 4 colors…the super soft cotton washes well and keeps its shape and the cut is relaxed without being boxy.
- Nike Air Max Dia Sneaker: I’m intrigued by this sleek style and the pale green color is simply stunning.
- Gibson Off the Shoulder Top: This top is equal parts feminine, casual, great for lounging and slightly extra special. Oh, and it comes in an array of very wearable colors and prints.
- FRAME Le Sylvie High Waist Raw Edge Jeans: These are slimming, classic and the raw edge gives it a freshness that it modern for spring and summer.
- Adidas NMD_R1 Sneakers: I purchased these late last month and wish I had got them on sale! They are extra cushiony and the Ash Pearl shade is the quintessential hue of nude to elongate the legs.
- Socialite V-Neck Thermal Top: I’m all about comfort lately (who is not?!) and this thermal looks good with jeans, sweats and shorts alike. It’s seasonal transition perfection.
- Natori Understated Underwire T-Shirt Bra: Spending money on bras is so un-fun for me, but the best cuts are always pricy. I love that this Natori bra is on sale and comes in nude and black for endless versatility…consider it your t-shirt wardrobe’s best friend.
- Chloe Willow 55mm Cat Eye Sunglasses: If Audrey Hepburn (Breakfast at Tiffany’s era) bought a new pair of sunglasses, I’m pretty sure it would be these. That is all.