|Hot weather makeup musts.|
|A preview of my hot weather makeup look…keep reading for details on everything used.|
|Skincare and Foundation. =|
- *Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream (reviewed HERE): I am on my second bottle of this utilitarian cream and cannot recommend it enough. The fragrance-free formula is nourishing, anti-aging and excellent for sensitive skin. The Rich Cream creates a perfectly balance and bouncy face that continues to look even better with consistent use. When temperatures are high, this is my only moisturizer of choice…it’s truly all I need.
- *Laura Mercier Radiance Foundation Primer: To increase foundation adherence, I distribute just a pea-sized amount of this primer all over my face. It’s like a soft-focus filter for the skin and really does contribute to lasting power.
- *BY TERRY CC Lumi Serum in Sunny Flash: Should I desire a bit more color in my primer, Sunny Flash is marvelous for imparting a warm sheen that also looks incredible on the collarbone and décolleté.
- *Sisley Tinted Sunscreen Cream in Golden (reviewed HERE): When I need impenetrable sun protection and a foundation effect, I reach for this tinted sunscreen cream (I am now on my second tube!). The wholly physical sunscreen (brilliant!) is enhanced by terrific medium-full coverage that is waterproof; even when sweating it doesn’t budge. It is definitely at an investment-level price point but a single tube lasted me well over 2 years, making it a summertime staple that’s well worth the pursuit.
- Dior Backstage Face and Body Foundation in 3WO (reviewed HERE): Equally waterproof but with a buildable liquid texture and no SPF, this new foundation is fantastic for adding evenness to skin while leaving no signs of texture. In the images that follow, I am wearing a combination of the Sisley and Dior foundations (just a tiny bit of both) for the most natural looking yet entirely waterproof/sweatproof skin possible.
- *Sisley Concealer #2 (reviewed HERE): Just a touch in my under eye region brightens up everything without looking conspicuous.
- Voiltion Oil Control Mattifying Mist: The piece de resistance, this finishing spray sets makeup with a soft matte finish that feels fresh and comfortable all day.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Cheek and face.|
- *Givenchy Healthy Glow Bronzer #1 (formula reviewed HERE): I used one of the fairer hues of this gossamer-textured bronzer–which comes in five shades–to add a dash of light to my face, focusing on my forehead and center cheeks for evenness and glow. I love the way this formula blurs pores and minor imperfections while leaving a softly-tinted velvety finish. Shade #4–which I use as a traditional bronzer–is also a favorite in my routine.
- *BY TERRY Compact Expert Dual Powder in #7 Sun Desire (reviewed HERE): For a brilliant fusion of bronzer and blush that stays in place all day, I used my *Surratt Beauty Artistique Cheek Brush (reviewed HERE) to sweep the rosy brown shade along the hollows of my face and perimeters of my face and focused application of the apricot tan shade on the apples of my cheeks.
- *Girlactik Skin Glow Duos in Moonlight, Sunset and Sunkissed: For illumination, I am smitten with this latest release from one of my favorite independent lines; the creamy shimmer with impressive lasting power comes in three shade duos that work with all skin types and tones and just a touch on the high points of my face leaves it looking kissed by light. I used my ring finger to sweep Moonlight along my forehead, down the bridge of my nose, along my upper cheek bones and in the center of my chin for a believable lit-from-within glow.
- *Girlactik Dewy Skin Gloss Duo in Radiance: Also exceptionally pretty is this dewy cream that brightens the face without the use of traditional shimmer. The weightless formula provides a tender incandescence that is unlike anything I currently own. If you generally eschew shimmer but still want a flattering glow in the form of a cream product, I implore you to give Girlactik Radiance a try.
- *Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder (reviewed HERE): To masterfully finish my face, I used the highly-rated *Veil Powder Brush (reviewed HERE) to blend a touch of this powder all over my face. It diffuses, sets and perfects while looking like absolutely nothing on the skin…pure genius.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Beating the heat with the *Girlactik Dewy Skin Gloss Duo in Radiance and *Girlactik Skin Glow Duos in Moonlight, Sunset and Sunkissed.|
|Swatches of *Girlactik Dewy Skin Gloss Duo in Radiance and *Girlactik Skin Glow Duos in Moonlight, Sunset and Sunkissed in direct sunlight|
|Eyes and lips.|
- *Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eye Shadow in Enchantress: Once it dries down (in just a few seconds), this glimmering pink is completely indelible, creating an effortless and flattering rosy sheen that will compliment a spectrum of eye tones. I used a small blending brush to distribute this shade all over my upper eyelids and along the lower lash line for continuity.
- *Surratt Autographique Eyeliner in Chat Noir (reviewed HERE): My liquid liner first love, this modern classic is an inky black wonder that resists smudging and smearing. I swept it along my upper lash line for definition and drama and appreciate the fact that it stays in place, even when my eyes are watering.
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut: I am on tube #4 of this sublime brow gel and find it is one of the only brow formulas that adds color, depth, fullness and hold without the slightest sign of flaking, even when it’s brutally hot and sweaty outside. It’s my go-to for these reasons and more.
- BY TERRY Lash-Expert Twist Brush Mascara (reviewed HERE): After using this consistently for nearly six months, my lashes are beyond accustomed to two coats each and every day. Even though this formula does not purport to be waterproof, I find that it doesn’t budge, even in humidity. I’ve bought of tube of this for every mascara lover I know!
- *Revive Intensite Moisturizing Lip Balm: If you seek a slick of shine with major hydration, I highly recommend this particular lip balm. It makes lips look full, enhancing one’s natural rosy lip color along the way.
- *GrandeLips Hydraplump Matte Lip Primer: This new formula is the most perfect companion to matte lip color because it smooths and plumps while having a clear matte finish that doesn’t change the finish of subsequent matte lip color…simply brilliant!
- *Laura Mercier Velour Extreme Matte Lipstick in Vibe: (reviewed HERE): I recently rediscovered this gorgeous retractable lip crayon in my stash and adore it for a low-maintenance hot weather lip. The harmonious combination of beige, pink and tan work together to create a flattering neutral that compliments a host of skin tones. The matte formula is velvety and full coverage while possessing a significant amount of moisturizing properties. It’s a near-perfect lip!
- *Sisley-Paris Lip Delights: To take lips to the next level, meet these recently-launched gel-oil-glosses which bathe lips in skincare benefits while imparting a lovely translucent veil of color. The Lip Delights come in three shades: pinky nude 01 Cool (worn later in this post), true natural pink Pretty and warm peachy Sweet. One might be apt to dismiss these as just another gloss but the rare, non-sticky and cushiony texture, nourishing active ingredients and extremely pretty shades confirm that they are so much more.
- *Philosphy Fresh Cream Rollerball: When it starts to get warm, I find myself reaching for this intoxicatingly delicious fragrance as somehow the notes give me a sense of “cool.” The sweet vanilla is fresh rather than cloying and the creamy dry down reminds me of a snowy day in the best possible way…plus, my husband loves it!
|Swatches of eyes and lips in direct sunlight.|
|The *Sisley-Paris Lip Delights|
|Swatches of the *Sisley-Paris Lip Delight in direct sunlight.|
|When it starts to get hot, a messy ponytail has to happen.|
|The eye look.|
|Could I get any closer to my Dyson AM07 Cool Tower Fan? I daresay not!|
- Levi’s Cutoffs: I have at least 4 pairs of this classic on heavy rotation in the summer. Get a pair in a size that’s fitted, yet breathable…I predict you’ll reach for the constantly.
- Black Off the Shoulder Top: A semi-relaxed fit of this flirty classic ensures adequate airflow and ease of wear.
- Gold Hoops: Ever on my ears, they take a look to the next level with minimal effort.
- Oribe Gold Plated Metal Hair Stick: (reviewed HERE): I have used this two-pronged hair accessory regularly for well over a year and am so pleased with how easily it crafts and secures a bun…weather at the top of the head or nape of the neck, hair stays fastened without strain or slippage.
- Malie Swivel Chair: A colorful staple in our home, there is just something special about a velveteen chair that twists.
- Dyson AM07 Cool Tower Fan: We bought this iconic fan this summer and are so pleased with our investment. Most houses at the beach where we live do not have A/C so we are reliant on fans to circulate air and cool things down on extra hot days. In light of these objectives, this fan has exceeded our expectations…it is incredibly quiet, space saving and aesthetically favorable, making it an invaluable addition to our living room.
|After awhile the pony tail is ineffective and some free flowing hair gives the illusion of feeling cooler. Applying the *Sisley-Paris Lip Delights in 01 Cool to add some dimension.|
|Who am I fooling? After 10 seconds of having my hair down (and sweating), up it goes into a bun. This Oribe Gold Plated Metal Hair Stick is invaluable for the task.|
|A close up of the Oribe Gold Plated Metal Hair Stick in action.|