|The Old Sessions House where the Burberry A/W17 runway show took place.|
|While in London, we stayed at The Ned, a stunning hotel in the financial district. This converted bank building had a host of fascinating features, including this seemingly interminable spiral staircase.|
|The front of the Old Sessions House, where the Burberry A/W17 show took place during London Fashion Week. A former court house with a long and illustrious past, the building’s interior was in total disrepair before Burberry worked for months to transform it for the LFW fashion presentation.|
|Soaking in the Old Sessions House. Photo by Dan Medhurst.|
|Winding stairs and mood lighting. Photo by Dan Medhurst.|
|Outfits from the show…so chic, no?|
|This seafoam green number is my idea of a dream coat.|
|The beauty bloggers on the press trip: @dalalid, @tarmarz, our tour guide Dimitrio, @Tamirajarrel and @thataylaa|
|The Garden Room at the Old Sessions House.|
|Favorite room in the Old Sessions House. Photo by Dan Medhurst.|
|Coat by Burberry, Dress and Tee from Ragdoll LA.|
|After the Old Sessions House, we visited the Burberry Flagship Store on Oxford Street.|
|View from the upper level of the Burberry flagship location.|
|Gift for others…gift for self!|
|Experiencing bespoke Burberry fragrance creations.|
|After our store tour, we had a resplendent lunch at a private room Thomas’ Cafe.|
|Out and about with Burberry.|
|The next day, we were treated to a spa experience like no other..manicure, pedicure and 90 minute massage, this girl has never felt so pampered. This, incidentally, is my relaxed face.|
|A *personalized Burberry makeup bag side-by-side with my favorite Burberry nail lacquer…*#106 Dark Trench (also available at Nordstrom).|
|Later in the afternoon, I had a one-on-one session with Burberry Beauty’s Artistic Consultant Wendy Rowe, who was fresh from having created the signature looks for the Burberry runway show. I first met Wendy in London (with Burberry!) earlier this year and was taken by her disarming wit and massive talent.|
|Part of Wendy’s makeup set up…I asked her a million questions about everything, indeed!|
|Bare faced and having fun.|
|Aligned with the minimalist aesthetic of the Burberry runway show, Wendy created a “no makeup makeup” look that focused on fresh skin and subtle contour. Photo credit: Jamie Stoker|
|The final look. Photo credit: Jamie Stoker|
|Perfected skin that looks like skin, complements of the Burberry Cashmere Foundation (all shades swatched and reviewed HERE). Photo credit: Jamie Stoker|
|Following our makeup session. Photo credit: Jamie Stoker|
|My respect for Wendy’s talent is immense. Photo credit: Jamie Stoker|
|Where we end up (insert lots of laughing). Photo credit: Jamie Stoker|
|Key Burberry Beauty products used in the final look.|
|Preceding our short makeup moment filming (below). Thanks to|
|Our final night in London concluded with an intimate dinner in the penthouse level of the Henrietta Hotel.|
|On either side of me, the Burberry Beauty team responsible for planning the week (Marianne Hahn, Emily Jones and Mimi Beastall) every detail was considered and the experience could not have been more exceptional. These women are truly beautiful inside and out. Photo Credit: My husband.|
|A Burberry Beauty closeup.|
- *Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base (reviewed HERE): A cult favorite for a sophisticated glow, this works well on its own or mixed into foundation.
- *Burberry Complete Eye Palette in Slate Blue: I am generally not one for blue eyeshadow but this chic quad is surprisingly wearable and flattering to a spectrum of skin tones.
- *Burberry Face Contour Pen in Medium: Contour with precision and blend out for effortlessly dimension.
- *Burberry Eye Color Contour in Smoky Green: I am in love with this rich peacock-meets-forest green…it will be a staple for the holidays!
- *Burberry Effortless Kohl Eyeliner in Stone: This is perfect for the lower water line…it brightens up the eye and makes them look larger for a fresh-faced effect.
- *Burberry Lip Color Contour in #3 and #4 (lighter shades reviewed HERE): Deep and lush, these shades can also be worn on the cheeks for a monochromatic effect.
- *Burberry Kisses Lipstick in Poppy Red: A classic red with a nod to cherries and, of course, poppies, this is pure Burberry timelessness in a tube.
- *Burberry Kisses in Peach Delight: I bought this peachy pink on a whim and love the color-drenched glow it gives my lips.
- *Burberry Liquid Lip Velvet in Bright Plum (other shades comprehensively reviewed HERE): This intense shade can be sheered out for a stain effect (my favorite way to wear it) or applied at full power for an opaque statement lip.
- *Burberry Runway Nails Iconic Trio: In nude, red and deep ink blue, this triad
- *Burberry My Burberry Blush (also available at Burberry): Feminine and alluring, the soft musk dry down is tempered by elements of fruit and florals. Created by one of my favorites, Francis Kurkdjian, this fragrance is simply divine.
- *Burberry Crystal and Brass Oversize Pin: Stunning yet utilitarian, this will be a lifetime heirloom for me.
|Face and eyes.|
|Swatches from L-R: Fresh Glow Nude Radiance, Kohl in Stone, Face Contour in Medium, Eye Contour in Smoky Green and Complete Eye Palette in Slate Blue.|
|*Burberry Kisses in Poppy Red.|
|Swatches from bottom to top: Lip Velvet in Bright Plum, Lip contours in #4 and #3, Kisses in Poppy Red and Kisses in Peach Delight.|
|*Runway Nails Iconic Trio,|
|Last look…here’s to returning to London (and picking up an authentic, vintage Burberry trench) someday!|