|Makeup for a day outdoors.|
|With Giorgio Armani’s Tim Quinn.|
|In action at Neiman Marcus Orlando with Tim Quinn and Robert Roubideaux.|
|Pandora at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.|
- I began by applying a quarter-sized amount of the *Decorte Sheer Brilliance in Medium (reviewed HERE). This innovative liquid adds hydration, a light tint, pore refinement and SPF 32 protection, making it the perfect base to extend the life of foundation.
- The Suqqu Frame Fix Moisturizing Solid Foundation in #203 Warm Bisque (reviewed HERE) continues to be one of my favorite foundation discoveries of 2017; the buildable coverage looks incredible natural while making skin appear flawless. With SPF protection and major longevity, I use this multiple times a year.
- *By Terry Compact Expert in #4 Beige Nude (reviewed HERE): Just a touch sets my base for hours and the lightly tinted powder (with highlighter center) strikes the impressive balance between coverage and glow. So very good.
- *SK-II Mid-Day Essence (reviewed HERE): A spritz or two throughout the day (and on my subsequent flight) keeps my skin toned and fresh.
- *Wasserstein Handbag Light and Phone Charger: I am loving this genius invention, which combines the convenience of an external phone battery (my phone always needs extra juice) with the motion-activated light so you’re never left blindly digging through the black hole otherwise known as your purse. Lightweight and oh-so-portable, this masterfully accompanies me through a long day.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Face + fragrance.|
- Excellent to gently sculpt and add warmth, the *Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light (also available at Sephora and reviewed HERE) applied with the *Surratt Beauty Artistique Cheek Brush (sold out at Sephora but available at Net-A-Porter) creates a seamless bronze patina.
- I focused a dot of the peachy pink *Le Metier de Beaute Creme Fresh Tint in Poppy (reviewed HERE) on the apples of my cheeks; it adds flush and glow with marvelous longevity.
- The Tom Ford Sheer Illuminating Duo in Reflects Gilt (also available at Nordstrom and reviewed HERE) applied with the *Surratt Beauty Artistique Highlight Brush is still one of my favorite ways to deliver a luxe glow to my skin; I focused application on high points of my face including upper cheek bones, down the bridge of my nose and even a touch on the center of my forehead.
- *Philosphy Fresh Cream: This travel-sized fragrance was a wonderful surprise; it truly smells like fresh sweet cream–a fascinating take on traditional vanilla–and it’s subtle enough to be worn in close quarters.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
- *Marc Jacobs Eye-Conic Palette in Scandalust (reviewed HERE): I have used this palette extensively since receiving earlier this year; the warm neutrals are buttery smooth and wear flawlessly without creasing.
- *Natasha Denona Chroma Crystal Top Coat in Peach (reviewed HERE): Another eye gem of epic proportions, this gleaming peach cream weightlessly adds luminosity while being completely waterproof. It must be tried to be believed.
- *IT Cosmetics Superhero Mascara (reviewed HERE): Two coats on my lashes = full and fluffy fringe that doesn’t smudge or flake.
- *Tom Ford Fiber Brow in Chestnut (also available at Sephora and reviewed HERE): This formula fortifies and defines my brows with a feathery flair that looks polished yet completely natural.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
- *Sara Happ Plump + Prime Lip Airbrush (reviewed HERE): One coat evens the texture of my lips, making them full and moisturized; it also extends the wear of my lip color.
- *Hourglass Panoramic Long Wear Lip Pencil in Canvas (also available at Sephora): I applied this dusty nude pink slightly outside of my natural lip line for a bit of volume. The formula is waterproof so it really lasts.
- Sisley-Paris Phyto-Lip Shine in #11 Sheer Baby (also available at Neiman Marcus): I picked up this juicy peachy-pink on a whim and am smitten with its bright yet translucent wash of color. It’s terrific!
- Sisley-Paris Phyto-Lip Twist in #10 Sugar (also available at Neiman Marcus and reviewed HERE): I used this plush balm as a touch up shade throughout the day…this cool and glossy baby pink easily ranks amongst my top five favorite lipsticks of life.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Sisley-Paris Phyto-Lip Shine in #11 Sheer Baby|
|The eye look.|
- Starry Nights Slip Dress: Super affordable and comfortable to boot, this slip dress has a diminutive celestial print that’s understated and interesting. I like my slip dresses a bit oversized so I’m wearing a size Medium.
- Plaid flannel shirt: Tied around the waist or worn for warmth, this beige-toned flannel is one of the most versatile piece in my wardrobe; it is always in my suitcase when I travel.
- Nike Air Huarache Print Tennies (also reviewed HERE): These sneakers continue to make me ever so happy; cushiony and stylish (adore the subtle black and leopard motif), they treat feet with the utmost of respect on a day when you plan to cover much ground.
|Another glimpse at Pandora.|
|My mom (and BP assistant!), Laura, and me. She’s often behind the camera but I insisted she be in front of it for this capture.|
|Skincare…currently in my testing queue.|
- *37 Actives Anti-Aging and Firming Face Serum: Impeccable ingredients and potent results (the clinical data on this formula is stunning) that include a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles make me excited to include this in my routine.
- *Zelens Z Balance Prebiotic and Probiotic Facial Mist: First, it must be noted that this mist smells sublime; additionally, it increases the skin’s moisture barrier while helping to combat environmental stresses, resulting in calmer and brighter skin overall. I will leave this in my work bag for extra reinforcements for a super long day.
- *Verso Super Facial Serum: Rife with Retinol 8 (which is 8 times more effective than standard retinol), this serum purports to smooth texture while reducing the look of fine lines and wrinkles without the peeling usually associated with retinol. It can be integrated into any existing skincare routine (brilliant!) and plays well with sensitive skin.
- *Nigella Nigenol Oil: Rich with the restorative properties of the Black Seed, this oil hydrates, clarifies and smooths, making it marvelous for acne-prone skin that is seeking an anti-aging boost.
- *Koh Gen Do Vintage Macro T3 Oil (also mentioned HERE): I am still loving this deeply hydrating formula and am thrilled that it is finally back in stock online.
- *ReFa CARAT Platinum Massage Roller: Possessing next-live futuristic styling, this facial massager works to enhance lymphatic drainage, toning skin for a firmer, brighter, more lifted complexion. I have been keeping it within an arms reach (near the couch, my desk and my bedside) and can’t wait to chart my results over the next month.
- *Talika Eye Dream Treatment: Rich yet immediately absorbed, this “spa treatment in a tube” features a cooling applicator that helps product glide on; after a particularly long day (and night), I found that this formula brightened and tightened my orbital area while reducing puffiness. Will continue to experiment with it!
- *Clark’s Botanicals Retinol Rescue Eye Serum: As its moniker implies, this serum harnesses the power of retinol to smooth and brighten eyes overnight without irritation and the clever angled tip allows for precise application.
- *Jo Malone Hand Cream: This cream comes highly recommended by the Patricia Brown, the long-time Beauty Department Manager at Neiman’s Orlando. Her porcelain-like hands were the only evidence I needed to give this formula a try. Will report back soon!
- *Aveda Shampure Pure-Fume Mist: Not quite skincare in the traditional sense (but close enough), this divine mist for body and hair is drenched with elements of essential oil aromatherapy for an utterly mood-lifting experience.
- *37 Actives High Performance Filler and Anti-Aging Lip Treatment (also reviewed HERE): I am revisiting this luxurious lip formula, which–with consistent usage–adds volume to lips while adeptly hydrating. Plush and nourishing, it’s like nothing else in my current rotation.
- *Sara Happ Lip Scrub in Sparkling Peach: This exfoliating scrub smells of juicy peaches and has a sweet flavor that makes smoothing the delicate skin of one’s lips a delight.
- *Sara Happ Lip Slip: A lush balm with a cult following, this soft pink formula has been on my nightstand for the past week. Each time I apply, my lips feel exceptionally soft.
|All about eyes.|
|Hair, hands and lips.|
- Anthropologie: Extra 25% off sale items…check out these velvet cropped pants, draped off-the-shoulder pullover and pleated leopard skirt.
- Equipment: Lots of markdowns…I have my eye on nude silk shirt, perfect shirt dress and classic cashmere v-neck sweater.
- Intermix: Much on sale at an extra 30% off including these Rag & Bone booties, denim cutoffs (wear with tights in the cooler months) and Frame skinny jeans.
- Neiman Marcus: Major markdowns throughout…I am loving this Eileen Fisher raincoat, (why is it always so difficult to find a good raincoat?), chic leather pencil skirt and timeless Theory sweater dress.
- Nordstrom: 40% off in most categories…I recommend these Stewart Weitzman Over the Knee Boots, Equipment Long Wool Cardigan and black Ragdoll LA sweatshirt.
- Sephora: The VIB Sale is in full force, offering VIB members 20% off through 11/16; a comprehensive list of recommendations can be found HERE, but to summarize, I recommend Pat Mc Grath Lipsticks, the Dyson Supersonic Dryer, Tom Ford Sheer Illuminating Duo in Reflects Gilt and Surratt Beauty Foundation.
|My brother, Seth, with one of his creations.|