Almost eleven years ago, I started Beauty Professor with an insatiable passion for foundation. Nearly a decade later, that fire still burns bright and today, I am sharing my top 20 favorite foundations, ranging from a sheer, glowing veil of color to creamy full coverage.
20 Foundation Favorites: From Sheer to Full Coverage
The video format below allows me to fully articulate why each formula on the list “made the cut” and I hope you enjoy the discussion and also find the subsequent foundation swatches helpful.
Kindly scroll on for the video and comparison swatches as well as the Bottom Line…
// Foundations Discussed //
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 4.5
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #3 (use BP20 for 20% off)
- Gee Beauty Prime Skin #5 (use BP15 for 15% off)
- *Sisley-Paris Phyto Teint Nude 4C Honey
- Westman Atelier Vital Skincare Complexion Drops IX
- Tower 28 Sunny Days #35 Point Dume
- Chantecaille Future Skin in Sand
- Chanel Les Beiges Water Fresh Complexion Touch B40
- *Girlactik Luminous Face Powder in Medium and Deep (use BP20 for 20% off)
- *Oxygenetix Oxygenating Foundation in Honey
- *BY TERRY Eclat Opulent Serum Foundation in Caramel (swatches of ALL shades HERE)
- *Iconic London Super Smoother Foundation Golden Medium
- Monika Blunder Beauty Blunder Cover in Vier 4 (use BEAUTYPROF15 for 15% off…swatches of ALL shades HERE)
- Gressa Minimalist Corrective Foundation 4.5 (use BEAUTYPROFESSOR for 20% off…swatches of MOST shades HERE)
- Chanel CC Cream 50 Beige
- *Lisa Eldridge Seamless Skin Foundation 20.5
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Cream Foundation O40 (swatches of ALL shades HERE)
- KVD Beauty Good Apple Serum Foundation Tan 60
- *SUQQU The Liquid Foundation 035 (swatches of ALL shades HERE)
- *Amplitude Powder Foundation 40
// Makeup + Style Notes //
- Shirt (wearing a medium)
- Girlactik Luminous Powder in Bronze (use BP20 for 20% off)
- *Natasha Denona Love Face Palette
- Jillian Dempsey Eye Kohl Burgundy (use BEAUTYPROFESSOR for 10% off)
- Lawless Mascara
- Chanel Lip Liner Pivoine
- *Gucci Patricia Pink Lipstick (reviewed HERE)
–Shop the Post–
Bottom Line: I hope you found this foundation deep dive helpful and interesting and would love to know which formulas caught your eye…do tell.
Good things ahead, including new spring launches, a hair intensive and my recommendations for the Beautylish Gift Card Event. Can’t wait to share.
Stay strong, seek wisdom, much love and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor
**PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me). However, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-23 Beauty Professor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.
Leave a Reply