January all at once felt slow yet lightening fast and now that we’re at the end of the month, I am preparing to start the spring semester with 7 college classes to teach. During one particularly sunny recent afternoon, I was able to capture some of the best new launches (as well as some skincare and beauty classics) of 2021 including the Chantecaille Future Skin Cushion, *Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosee,*Clé de Peau Beauté Precious Gold Vitality Mask and much more.
Kindly scroll on for more details (including supplements, style and jewelry!), swatches and images of everything in action as well as the Bottom Line…
// SKINCARE, HAIRCARE + FRAGRANCE // An effervescent lineup of opulent essentials to make your skin its best PRE-makeup.
- *Parfums de Marly Delina La Rosee: This brand new iteration of the now iconic Delina features creamy and romantic notes of pear, musk, litchi, vetiver and, of course, rose for a notably famine and sensual take on a modern classic. Put it on your list for Valentine’s Day and beyond!
- Agent Nateur No.5 Deodorant (reviewed HERE): One of my favorite clean deodorants of life, this scent, in particular, is unisex in nature for a fresh, alluring and earthy approach. Use Agentrachel for 15% off all Agent Nateur.
- *Serucell KFS Serum (also available at Neiman Marcus and reviewed HERE): After nearly a year, I still use this genius serum multiple times a week as a major component in my anti-aging quest. It brightens, firms, lifts and contours while creating a brighter canvas with consistent usage.
- *Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops: This glow-inducing serum can be used under makeup to hydrate and prime skin (while reducing hyperpigmentation, no less) and atop makeup as a serum-based highlighter. I am as equally impressed with its silky performance on my skin as I am with the hundreds of positive reviews for this newer launch. In sum, I wholly understand while everyone loves it.
- *Raincry Travel Detangler: This small wonder has been my brush of choice as of late. It detangles like a dream and is compact enough to fit in my purse for moments when I’m out and about.
- Supergoop! Glow Screen SPF 40 (reviewed HERE): Even though it’s the dead of winter, I still need SPF and Glow Screen is the gold standard for lightweight protection with a delicate radiance.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Precious Gold Vitality Mask (also available HERE): Replete with antioxidants, amino acids and 24K gold, this sumptuous gilded mask offers a cloak of restoration, returning life, lift and glow to one’s face in a single treatment. It’s the ultimate in self-care with smooth and plump skin benefits.
- *City Beauty Dermal Reset: I’ve been testing this new formulation for the past month and am extremely pleased with its ability to gently yet masterfully encourage exfoliation with every application. My skin feels so smooth and clear (let the direct sunlight, un-retouched images that follow speak for themselves) and I attribute a lot of my recent cell turnover to this serum.
- Agent Nateur holi (body) serum (reviewed HERE): I use this lush formula all over my arms, décolleté and legs post-shower to bathe skin in moisture while yielding an enviable glow. This serum is pure liquid light for one’s limbs. Use Agentrachel for 15% off
- *La Mer The Mist: I deeply appreciate the hydrating properties of this luxury mist…it helps to mitigate powdery makeup, add a dewy glow and refresh one’s face in the midday.
// SUPPLEMENTS // Although I take an array of vitamins (more on that soon), but here are three new additions that I am growing very fond of.
- *HUM Calm Sweet Calm: Ashwaganda and L-Theanine synergistically work together in the form of a rather tasty gummy to ground and calm one’s senses without the slightest hint of drowsiness.
- *Hush & Hush Shield Up: I am all about boosting my immune system daily and this latest formulation from Hush & Hush includes a potent does of Vitamin C, turmeric and Rhodiola root for energy, inflammation reduction and overall support. Use code BEAUTYPROFESSOR for 20% off
- *HerTime, HerPower and HerCrave: These little drink packets have become a notable part of my daily life! Sugar free and delicious, all three formulas target different concerns. HerTime helps to balance hormones for a smoother experience during one’s time of the month (as well as all the other days of the month), HerPower boosts energy and focus without jitters and HerCrave helps to reduce food-related temptations. All three taste delicious, easily blend with water and really work.
// THE FULL FACE // Whenever a red lip is the focal point, I make sure that my canvas is fresh and balanced, eyes are left neutral and cheeks are warm and glowing.
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 4.5 (reviewed HERE): I started with a healthy dose of this gorgeous illuminating primer to add depth dimension to my face…I use this formula daily. Once you try it, you’ll wonder what you ever did without it.
- Chantecaille Future Skin Cushion in Wheat: As a fan of the original Future Skin, I was beyond excited to try this new cushion version. Wheat is apropos for my medium olive skin (@NC27-@NC 35) and the lightweight yet buildable texture creates an even skin tone with a lasting satin finish. It minimizes the appearance of pores and discoloration, delivers skincare benefits and feels breathable and comfortable, even after a full day of wear. I love how travel friendly the compact is and it must be noted that the fragrance-free cushion comes with a refill, making the luxury price point that much more defensible. If you’re looking for natural yet perfected skin that glows, I think you’ll love the Future Skin Cushion.
- Laura Mercier Secret Concealer Duo 3N (reviewed HERE): Just a touch of this concealer in my under eye region banishes signs of dark circles in an instant. Creamy and long wearing, it’s a very effortless version of the original (a personal holy grail).
- RMS Bronzer in Madeira Bronzer (reviewed HERE): This true brown tan makes sculpting and warming up the canvas so easy…just sweep a touch (it’s quite pigmented so a little goes a long way) in the hollows of the cheeks and along the perimeters of the face and blend to oblivion.
- *EM Cosmetics Divine Skies Magic Hour Eye Palette: Anytime I want to quickly create a soft neutral eye in seconds, I reach for this palette of matte and satin shades…the fawn and apricot toned hues have buttery pigmentation and are exceptionally easy to blend while resisting creasing.
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut: Forever in my brows to make them consistently feathery and full.
- Hourglass Unlocked Mascara (reviewed HERE): This tubing mascara truly delivers volume and length in a couple of coats without the slightest risk of smudging…it’s also super easy to remove with warm water.
- *MAC Lipliner in Cherry: A true MAC classic, this liner works so well with all of the crimson hues in my life…if you wear a lot of red lipstick, you absolutely need this.
- Westman Atelier Les Rouges Lip Suede Palette (reviewed HERE): This sophisticated quartet of velvety and vibrant cream tones has some of the most magnificent color payoff I’ve ever encountered. Bright yet wearable, I applied a mix of the middle two shades (can also be worn on the cheeks!) for the look at the end of this post.
- LAWLESS Forget the Filler: This plush and glossy clean plumping (but no harsh tingling!) formula is rife with hyaluronic acid and a maxi-lip complex for an incredibly smooth and voluminous pout on contact. It has sold out many times since its initial launch earlier this month…hopefully it’s once again available at publish date as it’s a marvelous addition to the LAWLESS line and lip plumper vertical at large.
The following images reflect all products in action in afternoon sunlight…
// STYLE NOTES //
- Hunza G Square-Neck Swimsuit in Metallic Bronze (also available HERE): This one piece in the prettiest neutral will be stellar in the summer but for now, I’m wearing it as a bodysuit. Ultra stretchy and flattering (each suit truly fits size 2-12), I am afraid that I am developing a bit of a Hunza G. addiction…allow me to put this brand on your radar if it isn’t already. You will love it.
- *Wendy Glez Gabrielle Jogger: These ultra soft and relaxed joggers have a convertible waistband that can be worn up for a high waist effect or folded over (as shown above). They are ethically and sustainably produced in LA and can be dressed up or down with ease…so good. Use code Rachelanise for 25% off site-wide!
- Nike Windbreaker (also available HERE): Sporty yet chic, the black and white details make this a timeless choice year round.
- Fendi Slides (also available HERE): I am glad that these are available again…I’ve worn them consistently for a year and a half and always recommend them as a luxury splurge you’ll actually get a ton of use out of.
- Seth Wegter Bag: My brother handmade this bag for my birthday and I am so smitten. The black leather is offset by tan accents and wood handles and the bag itself holds everything I need for Joey and me for the day. If you’re looking for a one-of-a-kind handbag, look no further. Check out his Instagram for daily inspiration!
// JEWELRY // I receive frequent questions about my wrist stack so here’s quick breakdown…
- Estate 18K gold bracelet: I found this bracelet during trip to NYC years ago, didn’t buy it and then my husband surprised me with it a couple months later for Christmas. Although it’s one of a kind, I linked to some similar options worth exploring.
- *Made by Mary Mama and Mini Poppy Bracelet Duo: Designed as a set, Joey has an identical version of this bracelet to fit her little wrist. I love that we both wear these matching pieces daily!
- HRH Collection Flash Bracelet: 14K gold over sterling silver, this classic thin bracelet looks like liquid on the skin and has an ultra shiny gleam that works well with the other pieces in my lineup.
- Tres Colori Mini Name Plate Bracelet: My middle name, Anise, is quite uncommon. Consequently, I never find it in the “personalized” section. Enter Tres Colori: This genius jewelry brand crafts bespoke bracelets and necklaces in a couple of weeks. I will never take this special creation off!
- Dainty beaded bracelet: Gifted to me by my sister-in-law, I adore a handmade touch and this bracelet has that in spades.
- Vintage Cartier bracelet: This was my first foray into vintage Cartier and I still wear it everyday, even over a decade later.
–Shop the Post–
Bottom Line: I truly hope you enjoyed this look at these brilliant fresh launches for early 2021 and would love to know what caught your eye…do tell.
Good things ahead, including a website tour (navigation here has changed quite a bit!), a video tutorial and a host of new product procurements…cannot wait to share as we head into February.
Stay strong, seek wisdom, much love and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor
**PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-21 Beauty Professor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.