After a little pre and post-Christmas break from content creation, it feels truly good to be (relatively) rested and ready to tackle the vast beauty world once again!
Today, I am excited to share a look at what’s been in my little handbag (rather, belt bag) and, consequently, my face as of late.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of everything in action as well as the Bottom Line…
// IN MY BAG // Lately, I’ve been traveling extremely light when I head out of the house…in other words, if it doesn’t fit in this belt bag, it doesn’t come along for the ride. Here are the products that most often make the cut during the week:
- MCM Belt Bag: Spacious yet compact, I have discovered a newfound appreciation for the many capabilities of this belt bag…from walks with Joey to quick dinners out, it holds all my necessities while still being remarkably streamlined.
- Chanel Sublimage Le Teint 40 Beige Foundation (reviewed HERE): I decant a touch of this foundation in a small plastic jar so this nourishing formula is always within reach.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté The Concealer in Buff (reviewed HERE): A must in my beauty routine, this concealer banishes my dark circles while resisting creasing…so worth it.
- *Blunder Cover in Vier: This is the newest foundation in my rotation and am exceptionally impressed with its performance. The buildable cream is packed with skin-friendly ingredients that soothe and hydrate while the pigmented formula evens skin on contact. It’s also worth noting that it lasts for 8+ touch-up free hours. I cannot say enough good things about this launch!
- Chantecaille Compact Makeup Powder Foundation in Camel (reviewed HERE): After a year of consistent usage, I am close to hitting pan on this powder…it sets, smoothes and evens everything without the slightest trace of a powdery finish.
- *Laura Mercier Blush in Fresco (reviewed HERE): I use this as a bronzer touch up while out; the warm tones look amazing on skin and the satin finish is extremely flattering.
- *LAWLESS Make Me Blush in Sakura (reviewed HERE): I’ve been reaching for my LAWLESS blushes almost daily since the spring…talc-free with gorgeous payoff, they look like silk on the skin and the peachy pink Sakura is one of my favorites for a doll-like look on the apples of one’s cheeks.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Cream Blush #4 Perfect Peach (reviewed HERE): This opulent cream adds a flush of color and subtle luminosity to the skin for a sophisticated canvas that looks refined rather than “made up.”
- *Kevyn Aucoin Kaleidochrome All Over Highlight Palette: I adore this quad for an ethereal glow that works well on eyes and cheeks alike. The color is sheer and buildable and adds an almost liquid light to the skin…so resplendent.
- Au Naturale Collaboration Collection Mine Multistick (reviewed HERE): This 100% clean cream highlighter is at home on both eyes and cheeks and adds a multidimensional rose gold glow of which I cannot get enough.
- *Lancome Lash Idole Mascara: Two coats of this brand new formula add immense volume and length and the formula, while not explicitly waterproof, it wears all day without flaking or smudging.
- *BY TERRY VIP Expert Paris Mon Amour Palette (reviewed HERE): I’ve been wearing the peach and pink shades (swatched below) in this gorgeous palette constantly as of late. Buttery smooth, luminous and crease-resistant, these shades are every bit as luxurious as one would expect from the venerable Terry.
- *SUQQU Tone Touch Eyes #12 (reviewed HERE): This is my absolute favorite SUQQU single shade and I use it with an array of eye looks during the week…especially adept to highlight the brow bone, this glimmering beige hue catches light in the most exquisite manner.
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel in Chestnut: Ever on my brows, this formulation ensures that they will be full, feathery and in place all day long.
- *Wayne Goss The Essential Eye Kohl in Deep Amethyst: I love sweeping this deep purple (almost black) liner along my lower waterline for additional impact. It stays in place and adds a bit of unexpected allure to an otherwise neutral eye look.
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner: For a quick cat eye on the go, this very reliable liner is oft on deck. The fact that it’s waterproof is a major benefit as well!
- Jouer Pink Champagne Shimmer Lip Liner: I have mentioned this liner multiple times this year…it is almost always on my lips in some capacity and I deeply appreciate the fact that it works so well to overline one’s natural lip contour without looking conspicuous.
- *Sisley-Paris Beige Nature Lip Liner (reviewed HERE): This medium pinky nude liner is pigmented and rich with a deeper effect that looks especially lovely with a lighter lipstick (like LAWLESS Baby) on top.
- *LAWLESS Baby Lipstick: Creamy and full coverage, this light pink lip is a modern take on a classic 1960s look. I reach for it multiple times a week and love pairing it with Sisley Beige Nature above.
- Au Naturale Collaboration Collection Lip Pencil in Slipper and Lip Creme in Me: This power pairing is, of course, constantly in my bag…Slipper is the dreamiest pinky nude for defining one’s lips and Me (which for some reason in the image below looks significantly darker than its true medium baby pink self) is the lush pink of dreams!
- Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Continuous: I ordered this new formula earlier this month and am quite smitten with the weightless pinky coral color payoff and lasting natural finish. It swatched darker in the image below than it does on the lips in direct sunlight so I’ll share an updated image soon.
- *Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Lip Balm (reviewed HERE): I recently rediscovered this luminous pink balm and am once again transfixed by its sweet flavor, cheery wash of color and lasting hydration.
- Surratt Artistique Cheek Brush: My brush of choice, every single day. Of course it would be in my bag!
- Agent Nateur Serum (travel set size): I am an ardent Agent Nateur fan; there is something so spectacularly simple yet effective about each of the formulas and I love carrying a small version of the face serum with me for moments that require extra glow. Check out the full range of products HERE and use code Agentrachel for 15% off.
- Dior SoStellaire4 Cat Eye Sunglasses: I purchased these over the summer and they’ve fast become favorites due to their classic Audrey Hepburn vibe and weightless feel on the face…plus, they’re thin enough to slip in my belt bag with ease.
- Invisibobble Scrunchie: The coiled inner core guarantees that it will hold my hair without slipping and the leopard print goes with everything.
- *Supergoop! Cloud 9 100% Mineral Sun Balm: This rich and emollient cream provides hydration on demand while also providing impressive SPF 40 protection making it a utilitarian wonder.
- Wet Ones Hand Wipes Sensitive Skin: Essential on so many levels (two year old! crazy world!), I love that these wipes have no fragrance…they clean like a dream and perform beautifully in a variety of circumstances.
The following images reflect all products in action in afternoon sunlight…
// STYLE NOTES //
- Band Tee: I am living in oversized band tees these days…splashed with just enough color to be interesting, they are the ultimate in casual attire but can still be dressed up with a blazer or the like.
- Oversized Blazer: This blazer is neutral and relaxed with a classic preppy vibe…I always size up to a L or XL in a blazer as I prefer a more roomy fit.
- Spanx Faux Leather Leggings: I’ve been singing the praises of these leggings for almost two years now; powerfully slimming yet comfortable, they are a wardrobe staple that I highly recommend.
- Nike Air Max 270 React: I received these shoes as a Christmas gift and am so in love with how they look (the best blend of colors for a pop of color in an otherwise neutral wardrobe) and, even more importantly, how they feel on the feet (like walking on clouds). If you can get them in your size (these are a 7 1/2), I implore you to do so…you and your feet won’t regret it.
–Shop the Post–
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this look at what’s been in my bag and on my face this month and would love to know what caught your eye…do tell!
Good things ahead, including my Best of 2020 video, lots of new launches and an on-location road trip story. Cannot wait to share.
Wishing you a blessed rest of the year…stay strong, seek wisdom, much love and more soon,
–The Beauty Professor
**PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-20 Beauty Professor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author’s written permission.